Wednesdays: 10am Toddler Story Time – all ages are welcome Oct – April, 11am Move ‘n’ groove
Saturdays: 11am Bilingual Story Time/ 11am Hora de Cuento Bilingual
- Feb 1st Dancing Feet
- Feb 4th, 5th & 15th – Snowmen
- Feb 11th, 12 & 8th – Valentines
- Feb 18th, 19th & 22nd – Caldecott showcase old & new
- Feb 25th, 26th & 29th – Dr Seuss’ birthday Read Across America
- Mar 3rd, 4th & 7th -When you’re scared
- Mar 10th, 11th & 14th- National Children’s Craft Day – Books about our art experiences.
- Mar 17th, 18th & 21st -What’s green? -Leprechauns are but frogs are more fun!
- Mar 24th, 25th & 29th – It’s still Winter – even though it’s the first day of Spring
- Mar 31, April 1st & 4th – It’s my body! Look how it moves!
What’s Move ‘N’ Groove?
Move ‘n’ Groove – a Story Time that includes a picture book and story-inspired movement activities for the 3-5 year old set. This program idea is designed to bring movement and energy to our preschool story hours. Some yoga, some dancing – come ready to move! Offered twice on Wednesdays – all ages welcome!
Story time Skate
The Story Time Skate program is held at Dobson Ice Arena. On Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. Take your child to skate after the early story time. Skating includes 30 minutes of instruction and 15 minutes of open skating. The fee is $10 for rental and instruction. Helmets are required. Please call 479-2271 for more information.
Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy is a wonderful resource for parents and teachers of young children. Please explore their website and learn about the five early literacy practices. Vail Public Library encourages and promotes these practices in our weekly story times and programs. The Story Blocks site is a great place to watch videos of age appropriate rhymes and songs in a variety of languages.