A Letter from the Director
Vail Public Library is enormously happy to have you back! As a department of the Town of Vail, the library is following the protocols provided by Eagle County Public Health and Vail Health professionals in designing parameters for safe use of public spaces. For the latest information and protocols, click https://www.vailgov.com/covid-19#2063384-the-blue-phase.
- Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- In-person services inside the library building is limited to returns; browse-and-checkout; and computer usage for up to two hours. Seating areas, the children’s room, community room, study room, and Tech Studio are not accessible at this time.
- All patrons and staff are required to wear face coverings while in the building and must observe social distancing protocols at all times. Gloves are required for use in the periodical lounge.
- The maximum number of patrons and staff in the library will be limited as determined by library administration.
- Curbside pickup is available for patrons who do not wish to enter the building.
- The after-hours book drop at the front of the library is open; patrons are asked to return materials to it or the cart outside the main library, rather than to the service desk, so that appropriate cleaning and disinfecting procedures may be completed before returning them to circulation.
- Restrooms are open to the public.
- Library programming remains in virtual formats.
Please be assured that Vail Public Library puts the safety of its patrons and staff first. Since our re-opening to the public in June, we have used best practices to prioritize the health and safety of our community. We sincerely appreciate your continued cooperation and support and look forward to returning to full services soon. We would like to wish everyone a safe and happy rest of 2020.
Lori A. Barnes
Director of Library Services
Vail Public Library
292 West Meadow Drive
Vail, CO 81657
- General inquiries: 970-479-2184
- Reference inquiries: 970-479-2187
- Circulation inquiries: 970-479-2191
Reserve or Suggest a Title
If you would like to reserve or suggest a title, use the form below.
Book a Librarian
For one-on-one assistance with digital resources and devices, use the form at the bottom of this page.
Interlibrary Loan Request
If you are having trouble finding a title in our catalog, use the form below to make an Interlibrary Loan request.
If you want to reserve the community room, please click here.
Questions, Comments and Suggestions
Please use the form below to send us a question, comment or suggestion.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Vail Public Library is a department of the Town of Vail.
Any open library positions are posted at http://www.vailgov.com/human-resources
|Library Staff Members|
|Lori A. Barnes||Director of Library Servicesfirstname.lastname@example.org||970-479-2194|
|Jo Norris||Senior Librarian/Technical Servicesemail@example.com||970-479-2195|
|Mary McDougall||Senior Library Associate/Accountingfirstname.lastname@example.org||970-479-2186|
|Sandy Rivera||Library Associate II/Programmingemail@example.com||970-479-2331|
|Cricket Pylman||Library Associate II/Children’firstname.lastname@example.org||970-479-2179|
|Liz Schramm||Library Associate II/Technical Servicesemail@example.com||970-479-2193|
|Mary Clare Van Dyke||Library Associate II/Collectionsfirstname.lastname@example.org||970-479-2182|
|Cathy Holonitch||Library Associate Iemail@example.com||970-477-3507|
|Lynn Albers||Library Associate Ifirstname.lastname@example.org||970-479-2189|
|Jackie Clark||Library Assistantemail@example.com|
|Ali Murray||Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Erin Stege||Library Assistantemail@example.com|
|Eva Gottlieb||Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shari Rodeen||Library Assistantemail@example.com|
|Kate Cocchiarella||Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mary Hawkins||Library Assistantemail@example.com|
|Norma Broten||Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|