|November 10, 2019||November 11, 2019
November 11, 2019 –
Bring a project or start one here, all abilities and skill levels are welcome at Knit Night! Grab one of the library’s many knitting or crochet books for inspiration, and enjoy an evening with fellow crafters. If you need extra help our teacher, Amy Cohen, is at Alpaca in Eagle where Knit Night is offered every Tuesday.
Join the library Knit Night every 2nd and 4th Monday of the Month for conversation, encouragement, ideas, and company as you create a healthy lifestyle along with your warm and fuzzy fiber art!RSVP by 3pm is required. Our teacher is a volunteer and we want to respect her time and schedule. 970-479-2187.
For more information call 970-479-2187 or vaillibrary.com
|November 12, 2019||November 13, 2019
Books 'n' Bites - “My Antonia" by Willa Cather
November 13, 2019 –
Join us during November's Books 'n Bites, to discuss Willa Cather's My Antonia, in the centennial anniversary of its publication, with a presentation and discussion by CMC College Writing instructor and writer Alane Hall who holds a Master's Degree in English Literature from Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas, TX, with a focus on story telling and the art of novel writing, and an undergraduate degree in Journalism from the University of Texas at Austin.
Celebrating 100 Years
2018 marks the one-hundredth anniversary of the publication of Willa Cather’s My Ántonia, which depicts life on the rural farms of Nebraska in the late 1800s. The story is narrated by Jim Burden, who moves from Virginia to Nebraska as a boy to live with his grandparents. On the way, he meets the Shimerda family, also on their way to Nebraska. The Shimerdas, including their daughter Ántonia, come to the United States from Bohemia (present-day Czech Republic). Jim strikes up a friendship with Ántonia and begins teaching her and her younger sister English. Together they face the struggles of adjusting to an unforgiving environment, an experience drawn from Cather’s own life.
|November 14, 2019||November 15, 2019||November 16, 2019|
Search Our Catalog
Our Upcoming Events
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am, November 13, 2019 – Toddler Story time
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, November 13, 2019 – Story Time Move 'n' Groove
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, November 13, 2019 – Tech Studio
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm, November 13, 2019 – Books 'n' Bites - “My Antonia" by Willa Cather
- 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm, November 14, 2019 – Tech Studio
- 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, November 14, 2019 – Reading Buddies
- 5:30 pm – , November 14, 2019 – Tween & Teen Book Club
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, November 16, 2019 – Bilingual Story time
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am, November 19, 2019 – Baby Story time