Patrons are obliged to return borrowed materials on the dates specified. Patrons are responsible for the payment of all fines and the replacement cost of damaged or lost items. Failure to return library materials may result in your account being turned over to a collection agency. The parent/guardian is responsible for items borrowed by children under 18.
Patrons must have their library cards with them in order to check out materials or use a public Internet station.
Available for check-out:
– Audio Books & Playaways
– Streaming video
Number of items available for checkout:
5 items total limited to:
20 items total limited to:
10 items total limited to:
Check out periods:
- Books, Audio Books & Playaways check out for 3 weeks.
- DVDs check out for 1 week.
- eAudiobooks and eBooks may be checked out for up to three weeks, as long as this option is chosen. Also available are one-week and two-week check-out periods.
- Streaming video checks out for a 72-hour period.
Patrons may visit vail.marmot.org and log in to their account to renew items or call the main library at 970.479.2187.
- Books, Audio Books & Playaways can be renewed for 2 more weeks, as long as there are no Vail Public Library patrons on the waitlist for the item. Patrons are also allowed to bring the item in for check-in and it can be checked back out for the full three-week period, as long as there are no Vail Public Library patrons on the waitlist for the item.
- DVDs are not available for renewal and cannot be checked out again until the next day after check-in.
- Patron-placed holds will remain on the Hold Shelf for 7 days and will be pulled on the 8th day.
- Patrons cannot place holds on Vail Public Library DVDs; they are checked out on a first-come-first-served basis. However, DVD holds may be placed through Interlibrary Loan.
Late fees per item:
- $1.00/day for DVDs
- $ .25/day for Books, Audio Books & Music CDs
- eAudiobooks, eBooks, eMusic and streaming video will return automatically and will not accrue late fees.
Library materials should be returned in good condition. Replacement and processing fees will be assessed to the borrower’s account for items returned in damaged condition. Damage includes, but is not limited to:
- Water/Snow damage
- Burned or ripped covers, cases or pages
- Ripped or removed labels, barcodes or RFID tags
- Dirt, food, beverage or other substances on materials
- Highlighting or underlining of text
- If your account has fines or fees totaling $10.00 or more, you will not be able to check out or renew materials. You can pay your fines/fees online if you owe more than $10.00 (Visa and Mastercard accepted).
- Accounts that have been sent to collections are also blocked.
ADOPTED: October 04, 2022