Provides records and genealogies from across the globe. Its valuable content is a complement to HeritageQuest Online (see below).
Diverse genealogy databases providing access to billions of historical documents, millions of historical photos and other resources in thousands of databases that span the past five centuries. This genealogy database is available to Vail Public Library card holders from home.
- Colorado Historic Newspaper Collection – Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection (CHNC) currently includes 147 newspapers published in Colorado from 1859 to 1923. CHNC contains over 477,000 digitized pages.
- Colorado Histories – Colorado Virtual Library
- Colorado State Archives and Libraries – Research resources for genealogists and family historians.
- Cyndis List – of genealogy sites on the Internet.
- Denver Public Library Western History and Genealogy Department. – Browse collections or do research.
- Eagle County Cemeteries – Start your search for information about cemeteries in Eagle County from this website.
- FamilySearch – an official website of the Church of Jesus Christ and the Later Day Saints; contains access to international as well as U.S. genealogical data.
- Ellis Island’s Digital Family History Center – Search immigration records
- Geni.com – a free, private place to build your family tree.
- Library of Congress American History Digital Collection – provides free and open access to written and spoken words, sound recordings, still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience.
- U.S. Census Bureau – use the US Census Bureau to assist you with your genealogy search.
- USGenWeb – a website created by volunteers working together to provide free genealogy websites for genealogical research in every county and every state of the United States.