Consumer Health Complete
The single most comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content, CHC is designed to support the information needs of patients and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics. CHC provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic, and integrated medicine.
Watch a tutorial on using Consumer Health Complete.
The name you trust for product reviews and purchasing advice is available 24/7.
Allows you to create your own legal documents by having you answer questions pertinent to the document and your specific situation. Legal assistance is also available. Law Depot access for Vail Public Library cardholders is integrated into the Libby app.
MasterFILE™ Premier contains nearly 1,750 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more. Also find nearly 500 full text reference books and biographies. Use this resource to access Consumer Reports online for free.
This database is a resource for accurate information on 44 million businesses and 271 million consumers. It can be used for research and reference. Access information 24 hours a day using your library card.
ReferenceUSA training videos and webinars are also available.
- Colorado Driver’s Test Preparation Website – this website developed by Driving-Tests.org for Vail PL patrons contains tests and manuals for the State of Colorado drivers licenses. There are no ads; no personal information is required; no library card is required.
- Colorado Legal Services – An organization which helps low income Coloradans who are seeking legal assistance.
- Consumer Finance Protection Bureau– CFPB offers information and resources to protect and manage your finances with an emphasis on the COVID-19 impact
- Consumer Price Index – Values are updated monthly.
- Consumer Safety – this website informs people about recalls and safety alerts, and publishes consumer-related news and safety guides.
- Edmunds – new cars, used cars, reviews and pricing.
- Federal Trade Comission Consumer Information
- Furnace Compare.com – Ratings and reviews on thousands of air conditioners, boilers, furnaces and heat pumps
- Government Benefits – official benefits website of the U.S. government, with information on over 1,000 benefit and assistance programs.
- Kelley Blue Book – provides prices, values and reviews on new and used vehicles.
- Loan Amortization Calculator – use this easy to navigate website to see the breakdown of the principal and interest of your loans.
- USA.gov – use this site to access all of the U.S. government’s resources. Find agencies, legislators, statistics, and consumer information.