Thank you for donating your books/media to the Vail Public Library. Donated items must be in very good condition and must be delivered to the Library during regular business hours.
Donations are limited to no more than 3 boxes, except by prior arrangement.
Listed below are items that we will not accept:
- Items in poor physical condition. For example water damage, broken spine, mold, mildew, missing or yellowed pages, highlighted text, notes, etc.
- Items previously purchased from the Vail Public Library.
- Time-Life or similar series.
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, study guides, workbooks, and computer instruction books.
- Reader’s Digest condensed books.
- Magazines (including National Geographic)
- VHS, Music CDs and Cassette Tapes, incomplete DVD sets, or sets without the original cover intact.
- Games/Puzzles, vinyl music records.
Donations are tax-deductible. Receipts acknowledging your donation are available at the Service Desk. We are not able to assign a dollar amount or value to your donation. Due to the large volume of donations we receive, we regret that we are unable to return donated items that the library cannot use.
ADOPTED: June 07, 2021