Thank you for donating your books/media to the Vail Public Library. Donated items must be in very good condition and must be delivered to the Library during regular business hours. Donations are limited to no more than 3 boxes, except by prior arrangement. Listed below are items which we will not accept:
- Items in poor physical condition. For example: water damage, broken spine, mold, mildew, missing or yellowed pages, highlighted text, notes, etc.
- Items previously purchased from the Vail Public Library.
- Encyclopedias, textbooks, study guides, workbooks, and computer instruction books.
- Reader’s Digest condensed books.
- Magazines (including National Geographic)
- VHS and Cassette Tapes, incomplete DVD/CD sets, or sets without the original cover intact.
- Games/Puzzles, vinyl music records.
Donations are tax-deductible. Receipts acknowledging your donation are available at the Service Desk. We are not able to assign a dollar amount or value to your donation. If accepted, your donation may be added to the Library collection, placed in the Friends of the Library’s book sale, or offered to other local libraries and/or agencies. Due to the large volume of donations we receive, we regret that we are unable to return donated items that the library cannot use.
ADOPTED: July 23, 2020