The 2020 Census Self Response deadline has been moved to Wednesday, Sept. 30, 2020.
You can respond to the 2020 Census on your own, whether online, by phone, or by mail – all without having to meet with a census taker in person. Vail Public Library encourages Coloradans to self-respond as soon as possible and make Colorado the state with the highest 2020 Census self-response rate in the nation! Right now, Eagle County is lagging behind the state average for self-response. Go to 2020census.gov or call 1-844-330-2020 and cross it off your to-do list today and help Eagle County be fairly represented in this census.
And you can contact the library with questions at by clicking this link or by leaving a message at 970-479-2187. Staff will reply to your email or call you back.
OR text your Census questions to 303-622-5881.
Remember, if you live in Eagle County and receive mail at a P.O. Box instead of a street address, you can still fill out your 2020 Census online, even without a Census ID. Read more about how to respond online without the Census ID, here.
More about the 2020 Census and useful links:
- The 2020 Census is a short questionnaire that asks about who lives in your household as of April 1, 2020.
- The 2020 Census requires counting a diverse and growing population in the United States and the five U.S. territories.
- The 2020 Census is important because it will determine the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives, inform hundreds of billions of dollars in federal funding, and provide data that will impact communities for the next decade.
- Responding to the 2020 Census is safe and secure. Individual responses are confidential and protected by law.
- Later this year, the U.S. Census Bureau plans to send census takers to visit households that have not yet responded to the 2020 Census to help them complete questionnaires.
- The current deadline to respond to the 2020 Census is August 14, 2020.
- Town of Vail official 2020 Census page contains lots of Census history and current information.
Prefer to watch a video about the Census? Watch one of these videos:
- What is the 2020 Census?
- Is my 2020 Census data safe?
- Video guide to completing the 2020 Census online