24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"The American mind, unlike the English, is not formed by books, but, as Carl Sandburg once said to me, by newspapers and the Bible."
—Van Wyck Brooks (1886-1963) American critic, historian
- Test Ebola drug '100% effective' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:00:16 GMT
- The only trial data on the experimental Ebola drug ZMapp shows it is 100% effective in monkey studies, even in later stages of the infection.
- Plain packs 'no illegal smoking link' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:15:39 GMT
- A study of smokers in Australia suggests there is "no evidence" that the introduction of standardised cigarette packaging has changed the way people buy cigarettes.
- Man Utd sign Falcao on loan for £6m Tue, 02 Sep 2014 00:31:35 GMT
- Manchester United sign Colombia international striker Radamel Falcao on loan from Ligue 1 side Monaco.
- Murray beats Tsonga to reach quarters Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:24:21 GMT
- Britain's Andy Murray beats Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 7-5 7-5 6-4 to book a US Open quarter-final against Novak Djokovic.
- The girl with three biological parents Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:15:16 GMT
- Alana Saarinen is one of a few people who have DNA from three different people - the UK may soon allow a new process which could make this more common.
- Why Orwell was a literary mediocrity Sat, 30 Aug 2014 23:40:17 GMT
- George Orwell was a literary mediocrity and his views on the importance of plain writing are plain wrong, argues writer Will Self.
- Lesotho military action ruled out Mon, 01 Sep 2014 17:00:15 GMT
- Southern African leaders reject calls by Lesotho's exiled prime minister for the immediate deployment of troops to his country, an official tells the BBC.
- US works to free trio in N Korea Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:31:51 GMT
- The White House says securing the release of three American citizens detained in North Korea is a "top priority", after they appealed for help.
- Nato plans rapid response force Mon, 01 Sep 2014 15:28:51 GMT
- Nato is to approve a rapid response force at a summit in Wales this week to deter any Russian threat to Eastern European members, the alliance's chief says.
- Mexico probes mass fish death in lake Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:40:48 GMT
- Tonnes of dead fish have been washed up on the shores of Cajititlan lake in the Mexican state of Jalisco amid a row over the cause of the mortality.
- Libya militias 'seize ministries' Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:06:17 GMT
- Libya's militias capture most government ministries in the capital, Tripoli, the government says, as the prime minister is reappointed.
- Joan Rivers' family remain hopeful Mon, 01 Sep 2014 15:02:35 GMT
- The daughter of comedian and TV presenter Joan Rivers says they have their "fingers crossed" as she recovers in hospital from a cardiac arrest.
- Ashya parents fight extradition Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:21:05 GMT
- The parents of Ashya King are held in police custody after refusing to consent to their extradition to the UK at an appearance at the High Court in Spain.
- Payday loan hardship cases 'up 42%' Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:30:46 GMT
- The number of people struggling with payday loans has risen by 42% in the past year, according to the debt charity StepChange.
- British Ebola patient 'pretty well' Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:41:03 GMT
- The parents of the first British person to contract Ebola during the outbreak in West Africa say he is recovering well.