24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"We have talked long enough in this country about equal rights. ... It is time now to write the next chapter-and to write it in the books of law."
—Lyndon Baines Johnson (1908-73) 36th US President, Democrat
- West Africa flight ban over Ebola Tue, 29 Jul 2014 17:33:43 GMT
- A West African airline halts flights to Liberia and Sierra Leone amid concern about Ebola as a leading doctor dies of the virus in Sierra Leone.
- More than five-a-day 'no effect' Tue, 29 Jul 2014 23:05:24 GMT
- New research backs the five-a-day target for fruit and vegetables, but suggests eating more may have no added benefits.
- Kallis retires from internationals Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:11:03 GMT
- South Africa all-rounder Jacques Kallis announces his retirement from all international cricket at the age of 38.
- Bolt: Games slur reports 'nonsense' Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:34:41 GMT
- Usain Bolt denies newspaper claims that he made disparaging comments about the Commonwealth Games.
- The pre-nup that can end a happy marriage Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:40:09 GMT
- In parts of Yemen when a brother and sister from one family marry siblings from another, the couples' fates can be locked together regardless of how happy they are.
- The mini version of Britain in WW1 Berlin Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:29:44 GMT
- In World War One, thousands of British men interned in the German camp Ruhleben took to gardening to feed themselves and improve their living conditions.
- Guinea concert stampede 'kills 34' Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:38:07 GMT
- At least 24 people have died after a stampede at a beach concert in Conakry, the capital of Guinea, with dozens reported injured.
- Khmer Rouge duo begin genocide trial Wed, 30 Jul 2014 04:14:29 GMT
- The last two surviving leaders of Cambodia's Khmer Rouge regime are to begin their second trial, this time for genocide, in Phnom Penh.
- Fastest growth in Spain since 2007 Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:46:00 GMT
- Spain's economy is growing at its fastest quarterly rate since the end of 2007, but it is also facing a deflation threat.
- Colombian city on alert after attack Wed, 30 Jul 2014 10:20:58 GMT
- After a key transmission tower was blown up in Buenaventura, leaving the Colombian port city without power, the authorities ban alcohol and weapons.
- Libya militias seize Benghazi base Wed, 30 Jul 2014 01:53:22 GMT
- A special forces base in Libya has been seized by militias, the fighters and officials say, as a blaze continues at a fuel depot in the capital Tripoli.
- Los Angeles flood hits university Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:42:09 GMT
- A burst water main causes flooding along Los Angeles' Sunset Boulevard at the University of California, Los Angeles, officials say.
- No appeal over Rolf Harris sentence Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:52:24 GMT
- Rolf Harris's five-year-and-nine-month jail sentence over sex offences will not be referred to the appeal court, despite 150 complaints over its "leniency".
- PM pledges £3m in extra aid for Gaza Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:12:19 GMT
- An additional £3m in UK aid is to be made available to help the humanitarian situation in Gaza, Prime Minister David Cameron says.
- Ex-policeman on Rodney murder charge Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:46:35 GMT
- A former policeman is to be charged with murdering a man who was shot dead after a car was stopped by officers in north London nine years ago.