24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"History is written by the winners. The books say the Indians were bad guys and the whites just needed a little land. It's like, Excuse me, let me take your car. I'm discovering it. I'm putting my flag on your windshield."
—Mario Van Peebles
- Call for further cut in sugar intake Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:36:50 GMT
- The target to reduce sugar consumption should be much more ambitious, health experts say.
- Bayern Munich 1-0 Manchester City Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:26:23 GMT
- Bayern Munich's Jerome Boateng scores a last-minute winner to deny Manchester City a point in their Champions League opener.
- Chelsea 1-1 FC Schalke 04 Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:03:33 GMT
- Cesc Fabregas scores his first for Chelsea but they are held to a draw by Schalke in their Champions League group opener.
- Kenya Westgate attack: Voices from the mall Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:22:47 GMT
- Powerful memories a year on - the first terrifying hours of Kenya's deadly Westgate siege.
- The freedivers who swim with whales Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:16:14 GMT
- A group of researchers who risk their lives to swim side-by-side with sperm whales and humpbacks are hoping to get a unique insight into the animals' behaviour.
- South Sudan U-turn on foreigner ban Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:46:09 GMT
- South Sudan's government says it will not expel foreign workers, annulling a controversial decree it issued a day earlier.
- China leader Xi begins India visit Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:47:43 GMT
- China's President Xi Jinping begins his first official visit to India aiming to improve ties and boost Chinese investment.
- Shares plunge after Russian arrest Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:41:55 GMT
- Russian billionaire Vladimir Yevtushenkov is put under house arrest on suspicion of money-laundering, and shares in his company Sistema tumble.
- Odile storm moves towards Arizona Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:16:04 GMT
- Tropical storm Odile is moving up Mexico's Baja California peninsula, bringing heavy rains and the threat of mudslides and flash floods.
- Dozens killed in Syria air strikes Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:24:15 GMT
- Almost 50 people have been killed by two days of government air strikes in an opposition-held town in central Syria, activists say.
- 'Genius grant' winners announced Wed, 17 Sep 2014 15:09:20 GMT
- A physicist, a graphic memoirist and an organiser of home care workers are among this year's recipients of the MacArthur "Genius" grants.
- Henning says Syria visit 'worthwhile' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:06:16 GMT
- Video footage of British hostage Alan Henning - filmed before he was captured by militants in Syria - shows him saying going to the country was "worthwhile".
- Thai murder police quiz two Britons Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:50:16 GMT
- Police investigating the murders of two British tourists in Thailand question two British brothers and detain 11 Burmese people.
- UK jobless rate falls to 2008 low Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:59:13 GMT
- The UK rate fell to 6.2% in the three months to the end of July, while the number claiming Jobseeker's Allowance has dipped below one million.
- Ignore other cases, Travis jury told Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:48:06 GMT
- Jurors in the trial of veteran DJ Dave Lee Travis should not be swayed by other recent celebrity cases, the judge tells them.