"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book - I'll waste no time reading it."
—Moses Hadas (1900-66)
- Malaria 'spreading to new altitudes' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:13:24 GMT
- Warmer temperatures are causing malaria to spread in the African and South American highlands, traditionally havens from the disease, scientists say.
- Warning over hospital superbug rise Fri, 07 Mar 2014 03:26:05 GMT
- Sixteen patients have died in Manchester over the past four years while infected with a highly resistant superbug, figures show.
- England 29-18 Wales Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:19:10 GMT
- England beat Wales 29-18 at Twickenham to win a first Triple Crown in 11 years, ensuring they remain in contention for the Six Nations title.
- Russian baddies are back Sat, 08 Mar 2014 01:08:54 GMT
- From the 1930s to present day, Russians have been portrayed as murderous thugs on the big and small screen in the West.
- The restaurants that thrive on insulting their diners Fri, 07 Mar 2014 00:32:44 GMT
- A Chinese eatery dubbed "London's rudest" has promised better service. Is insulting your customers ever a good idea?
- Libya threatens to bomb oil tanker Sat, 08 Mar 2014 19:39:35 GMT
- Libya's Prime Minister Ali Zeidan threatens to bomb a North Korean-flagged tanker if it tries to export oil from a rebel-controlled port.
- Anwar gets jail term for sodomy Fri, 07 Mar 2014 12:35:57 GMT
- A Malaysian court sentences opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim to five years in jail after overturning his acquittal on sodomy charges.
- Sarkozy phone 'tapped by judges' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:59:19 GMT
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy has had his phone tapped on the orders of judges investigating alleged campaign donations from Libya, it is claimed.
- Fresh deal to end Rio rubbish strike Sun, 09 Mar 2014 00:42:40 GMT
- Rio de Janeiro officials and street cleaners say they have reached a deal to end a strike which has left litter piling up in the Brazilian city.
- Beirut rally against domestic abuse Sun, 09 Mar 2014 00:54:43 GMT
- Thousands of people have marched through the streets of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, to demand politicians pass a law against domestic violence.
- US general faces assault accuser Sat, 08 Mar 2014 02:49:26 GMT
- A US Army captain weeps as she tells a court that a general made her perform oral sex on him and threatened to kill her family if she told anyone.
- Russia has miscalculated, says Hague Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:26:57 GMT
- Russia has made a "big miscalculation" in entering Crimea and could face "far-reaching" economic sanctions, Foreign Secretary William Hague says.
- Widow to sue over pothole death Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:00:54 GMT
- The widow of a charity cyclist who was killed when his bike hit a pothole says she will sue a council over his death.
- Don't go backwards on EU, says Clegg Sun, 09 Mar 2014 14:26:59 GMT
- Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg pledges to take on "stuffy parochialism", as he makes the case for membership of the EU in his conference speech.
- Judge 'backed paedophile campaign' Sun, 09 Mar 2014 20:18:48 GMT
- Senior judge Lord Justice Fulford campaigned to support a paedophile group that tried to legalise sex with children, a newspaper claims.