24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"History is a living horse laughing at a wooden horse. History is a wind blowing where it listeth. History is no sure thing to bet on. History is a box of tricks with a lost key. History is a labyrinth of doors with sliding panels, a book of ciphers with the code in a cave of the Saragossa sea. History says, if it pleases, Excuse me, I beg your pardon, it will never happen again if I can help it."
—Carl Sandburg (1878-1967) American writer known for free verse, Smoke and Steel
- Cosmic study 'underestimated' dust Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:04:26 GMT
- Scientists who claimed to have found evidence for a cosmic super-expansion just after the Big Bang underestimated a key confounding factor in their research, according to a new analysis.
- Scientists debate sea-ice trends Mon, 22 Sep 2014 20:14:04 GMT
- Researchers meet in London to discuss sea-ice trends, as the Arctic reaches its summer low extent and the Antarctic pushes on to another record high.
- Ebola health team killed in Guinea Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:58:45 GMT
- Eight members of a team trying to raise awareness about Ebola have been killed by villagers in Guinea, officials say.
- Syria infant deaths 'due to mix-up' Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:17:13 GMT
- Medics in rebel-held Syria accidentally gave a muscle relaxant to up to 75 children instead of a measles vaccine, killing 15, the opposition says.
- Watson targets Europe's key players Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:40:57 GMT
- US captain Tom Watson says his team will be targeting Europe's best player and talisman in this week's Ryder Cup.
- Mata 'could not have imagined' defeat Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:57:57 GMT
- Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata says he could not have imagined the Reds would lose 5-3 at Leicester.
- Ants v humans Sun, 21 Sep 2014 23:04:48 GMT
- A recent wildlife programme suggested that all the ants in the world weigh as much as all the people - but is that true?
- Getting a driving licence without a test Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:03:59 GMT
- In most places you need to pass a test to get a driving licence - for now Mexico City is an exception.
- More dead in Nigeria church collapse Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:32:00 GMT
- The number of deaths in Nigeria's church hostel collapse rises to 115, including 84 South Africans, a South African minister says.
- Students to protest in HK centre Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:58:27 GMT
- Thousands of Hong Kong students are to gather in a park in front of government offices, on the second day of a week-long protest.
- Russia plans for internet crisis Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:11:40 GMT
- Russia is making plans to ensure state control over the country's internet traffic in a national emergency, Russian media report.
- Venezuela launches disarmament plan Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:44:35 GMT
- Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro invests almost $50m in an initiative to disarm civilians, in an effort to cut down on the country's high murder rate.
- Calm follows Yemeni peace deal Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:38:05 GMT
- The Yemeni capital, Sanaa, is reported to be calm one day after the government signed a deal with Shia Houthi rebels to end days of fighting.
- Hannah police issue arrest warrant Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:37:38 GMT
- Police searching for a missing British-born student in Virginia issue an arrest warrant for a man they believe is the last person to see her.
- Miliband: Give me decade to fix UK Mon, 22 Sep 2014 22:42:56 GMT
- Labour leader Ed Miliband will set out a 10-year plan to make Britain a "world class country" in his final conference speech before the general election.