24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"It seems to me the book has not just aesthetic values-- the charming little clothy box of the thing, the smell of the glue, even the print, which has its own beauty. But there's something about the sensation of ink on paper that is in some sense a thing, a phenomenon rather than an epiphenomenon. I can't break the association of electric trash with the computer screen. Words on the screen give the sense of being just another passing electronic wriggle."
—John Hoyer Updike (b. 1932) American writer, Rabbit, Run, Rabbit at Rest
- Buju Banton gets new appeal hearing Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:34:08 GMT
- A lawyer for Jamaican reggae star Buju Banton, who is serving 10 years in jail for drugs convictions, says he has been granted a new appeal hearing.
- Greenland ice sheet losses double Wed, 20 Aug 2014 14:01:24 GMT
- A new assessment from Europe's CryoSat spacecraft shows Greenland to be losing about 375 cu km of ice each year.
- New dates rewrite Neanderthal story Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:20:47 GMT
- A new study suggests that modern humans and Neanderthals co-existed in Europe 10 times longer than previously thought.
- Thousands 'eligible for Ebola drugs' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 17:12:59 GMT
- Around 30,000 people could have been eligible for drugs in the current Ebola outbreak - if they had been available, a report in Nature suggests.
- Heart deaths reach 'tipping point' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:54:31 GMT
- Parts of Europe are reaching a "tipping point" where cardiovascular disease is no longer the leading cause of death, a study shows.
- Barcelona transfer ban appeal fails Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:29:21 GMT
- Barcelona cannot sign players until 2016 once the current transfer window shuts, after Fifa reject their appeal over a ban.
- Man Utd complete £16m Rojo signing Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:36:36 GMT
- Manchester United complete the signing of Argentina defender Marcos Rojo from Sporting Lisbon on a five-year deal.
- 10 theories on how uptalk originated Mon, 18 Aug 2014 23:13:07 GMT
- The Magazine's recent piece on uptalk - the habit of making statements sound like questions - prompted lots of emails.
- Could the cravat make a comeback? Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:41:38 GMT
- Noted cravat-wearer Nicholas Parsons has lamented the neckwear's retreat from front-line fashion.
- Downgrade hits South African banks Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:10:22 GMT
- Shares in South Africa’s largest banks have fallen after being downgraded by the credit ratings agency Moody’s.
- Pakistan protesters guard parliament Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:38:44 GMT
- Pakistan's anti-government cleric Tahirul Qadri has called on protesters to continue guarding access to all state buildings amid a massive sit-in at Islamabad.
- Bodies found after Tornado collision Wed, 20 Aug 2014 13:16:17 GMT
- Two bodies are found after Italian Tornado fighter jets collide and crash during training, while the fate of two other crew members is unknown.
- Brazilian rapist doctor rearrested Wed, 20 Aug 2014 01:22:03 GMT
- Police in Paraguay arrest a fugitive Brazilian fertility doctor, Roger Abdelmassih, convicted of sexually abusing 39 of his patients.
- Iran MPs dismiss science minister Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:53:07 GMT
- Iran's parliament votes to dismiss Science Minister Reza Faraji-Dana, dealing a blow to reformist President Hassan Rouhani.
- Texas governor booked on charges Wed, 20 Aug 2014 15:22:02 GMT
- Texas Governor Rick Perry is defiant as he is booked on abuse of power charges, vowing to fight the case with "every fibre of my being".