"The book you don't read cant help."
- VIDEO: 'Feeling' virtual objects in mid-air Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:42:06 GMT
- Spencer Kelly finds out how ultrasound can give virtual objects a tactile sensation.
- VIDEO: Tidal surge destroys coastal homes Fri, 06 Dec 2013 23:29:08 GMT
- Thousands of people have been evacuated from their homes after a tidal surge hit Britain's eastern coastal towns.
- VIDEO: Heritage status for Japanese food Thu, 05 Dec 2013 16:43:28 GMT
- The United Nation's cultural organisation Unesco has added traditional Japanese food to the Intangible Cultural Heritage list.
- VIDEO: Hobbit hair scare for Stephen Fry Sat, 07 Dec 2013 00:57:28 GMT
- Stephen Fry talks about bad hair, special effects and realistic swords ahead of the release of his latest film The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
- US jobless rate falls to 5-year low Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:10:35 GMT
- The US unemployment rate fell to a five-year low of 7% in November as firms created 203,000 new jobs, latest figures show.
- Samsung and Philips raided by EU Fri, 06 Dec 2013 15:26:06 GMT
- Samsung and Philips are among several consumer electronics companies raided by the European Commission over suspected breaches of competition rules.
- Microsoft disrupts ZeroAccess botnet Fri, 06 Dec 2013 06:46:56 GMT
- Microsoft and law enforcement agencies disrupt ZeroAccess, one of the world's largest botnets responsible for millions in fraud losses.
- Samsung reattempts botched update Fri, 06 Dec 2013 18:10:23 GMT
- Samsung has started again to roll out an update to its Galaxy S3 smartphone, weeks after a botched attempt angered users.
- Entertainment world mourns Mandela Fri, 06 Dec 2013 10:32:27 GMT
- The news of the death of Nelson Mandela breaks during a royal gala screening about the life of the former South African president.
- Stallone to host London Q&A show Fri, 06 Dec 2013 17:15:55 GMT
- Hollywood action star Sylvester Stallone is offering fans the chance to get up close and personal with him in London next month at a one-off show.
- Roaming sharks go home to give birth Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:41:21 GMT
- Researchers find direct evidence that female lemon sharks go back to their own birthplace to reproduce.
- Fruit-mad monkeys eat 50 per day Fri, 06 Dec 2013 01:35:08 GMT
- New research on South and Central American monkeys suggests that size is a key indicator of diet.
- Nelson Mandela: Aids campaigner Fri, 06 Dec 2013 11:35:57 GMT
- Though at first muted in his approach to HIV/Aids, Nelson Mandela became a dedicated advocate for a more vigorous approach to the disease.
- Vitamin D's disease role queried Fri, 06 Dec 2013 01:40:35 GMT
- Scientists have cast doubt on the value of vitamin D supplements to protect against diseases like cancers and diabetes.
- England given tough World Cup draw Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:05:18 GMT
- England will play against Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica in Group D at the 2014 World Cup finals in Brazil.