24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face... one of the few havens remaining where a man's mind can get both provocation and privacy."
—Charles Langbridge Morgan
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:49:58 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Chinese calligraphy: Thing of the past? Wed, 27 Aug 2014 00:02:27 GMT
- Many people in China are forgetting how to write their own language.
- VIDEO: What goes into a fake cigarette? Tue, 26 Aug 2014 14:55:45 GMT
- The BBC's Tom Brown finds out what is in a fake cigarette
- VIDEO: Will China's yoghurt craze pay off? Wed, 27 Aug 2014 06:03:17 GMT
- With falling milk prices, companies are looking at other ways to make money, and Mengniu Dairy, China's biggest, has recently decided to venture into the yoghurt business.
- VIDEO: Microsoft's 3D holograph project Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:43:43 GMT
- Microsoft's Holograph project is aimed at visualising information on a screen which feels genuinely three-dimensional.
- VIDEO: Helicopters buried in fire-drill foam Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:36:41 GMT
- A number of Black Hawk helicopters were left covered in foam after a fire drill went wrong at a US military base in Oklahoma.
- A sheepdog's 'two rules' for success Wed, 27 Aug 2014 00:33:00 GMT
- Scientists produce a simple mathematical model that explains how a single sheepdog can herd a large number of sheep.
- Alibaba profits up ahead of flotation Wed, 27 Aug 2014 15:13:35 GMT
- Profits at Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba have nearly tripled, latest filings reveal, ahead of the firm's planned US stock market debut later this year.
- Germany to fight 'benefit tourism' Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:50:44 GMT
- The German government announced proposals to tackle alleged abuses of the benefits system by migrants from elsewhere in the European Union.
- Millions knocked offline in US Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:45:53 GMT
- A fault on Time Warner Cable's network has left its 11.4 million broadband internet subscribers without a connection.
- VIDEO: Phones to come with 'kill switch' Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:25:40 GMT
- A new law has been passed meaning that smartphones in California will be required to come with a "kill switch" to render them useless if lost or stolen.
- Fans' delight at Kate Bush comeback Wed, 27 Aug 2014 01:27:34 GMT
- Kate Bush makes her stage comeback at London's Hammersmith Apollo to an ecstatic response from fans at her first live concert for 35 years.
- Richard Pryor biopic to star Epps Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:47:20 GMT
- The Butler director Lee Daniels confirms Mike Epps will play late comedian Richard Pryor in his forthcoming biopic, alongside Oprah.
- Global coal 'binge' missed in data Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:23:41 GMT
- The climate impacts of the world's fossil-fuelled power plants are being underestimated because of poor accounting, say researchers.
- Badger cull targets are announced Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:52:41 GMT
- A target number of badgers to be killed in this year's pilot cull to tackle tuberculosis in cattle is announced.