24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"History is written by the winners. The books say the Indians were bad guys and the whites just needed a little land. It's like, Excuse me, let me take your car. I'm discovering it. I'm putting my flag on your windshield."
—Mario Van Peebles
- Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:52:08 GMT
- The US and UN condemn the shelling of a UN school housing civilians in Gaza, as Palestinians say Israeli attacks kill more than 100 in the day.
- Ebola: Liberia shuts all schools Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:50:16 GMT
- Liberia's government announced it is closing down all schools across the country and deploying troops to stop the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
- 'Offer rejected' on Argentine debt Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:38:02 GMT
- Argentina's Economy Minister Axel Kicillof says his offer to "hold out" investors has been rejected as a debt default deadline approaches.
- G7 says Russia faces more sanctions Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:26:37 GMT
- The G7 group of economic powers warns President Putin of further sanctions after Russia called new US and EU penalties "destructive and short-sighted".
- Dozens trapped by Indian landslide Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:42:35 GMT
- At least 20 people are killed after a landslide buries more than 40 houses and leaves up to 200 people trapped in a village in western India.
- Glazers in £88.7m Man Utd share sale Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:16:14 GMT
- Manchester United's US owners will pocket about $150 million by selling more of their shares in the club on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tor attack may have unmasked users Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:16:19 GMT
- Users of the "dark net" service Tor who visited hidden websites may have had their identities revealed by a five-month long cyber-attack.
- Six dead in Nigeria college blast Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:08:06 GMT
- At least six people have been killed in a suicide bombing at a college in northern Nigeria's biggest city, Kano, witnesses say.
- US economic growth surges by 4% Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:37:29 GMT
- The US economy grew by 4% in the second quarter, according to a preliminary reading by the US Department of Commerce, beating expectations.
- Somali 'killed for not wearing veil' Wed, 30 Jul 2014 12:58:12 GMT
- Militant Islamists in Somalia have shot dead a Muslim woman for refusing to wear a veil, her relatives say.
- House votes to sue President Obama Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:32:37 GMT
- The US House of Representatives has passed a resolution authorising a lawsuit against the president for alleged overreach of his authority.
- Fire rips through Eastbourne Pier Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:21:48 GMT
- A devastating fire tears through Eastbourne Pier, leaving the structure an "absolute red, molten, mess of flame and smoke".
- US bridge to get anti-suicide fence Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:53:04 GMT
- A major span between New York City and New Jersey will be getting safety fence designed to prevent suicides, after an increase in deaths this year.
- VIDEO: The challenge of tackling Ebola Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:50:15 GMT
- Scientists have been aware of Ebola since the mid-1970s, but so far no vaccine or cure has been developed.
- VIDEO: Sun bracelet measures UV exposure Tue, 29 Jul 2014 23:01:37 GMT
- The BBC's Dougal Shaw tests out a digital bracelet designed to help people avoid getting too much sun exposure.