24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
—John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer
- Soldier killed in Canada shootings Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:11:14 GMT
- A huge security operation is under way in Canada's capital Ottawa after a gunman killed a soldier at a war memorial and shots were fired in the parliament building.
- Four guilty of Blackwater killings Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:16:30 GMT
- A US federal jury finds four Blackwater security guards guilty of killing 14 Iraqis in a square in Baghdad in 2007.
- Obama 'optimistic' over Ebola in US Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:59:41 GMT
- President Barack Obama expresses cautious optimism about the Ebola situation in the US, as new screening rules are introduced in the country.
- Mexico orders Iguala mayor's arrest Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:58:58 GMT
- Mexico orders the arrest of the mayor of the southern town of Iguala, where 43 students disappeared after clashing with police last month.
- Syria air force 'steps up strikes' Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:41:31 GMT
- The Syrian military has stepped up its air strikes on rebel-held areas dramatically, carrying out more than 200 in recent days, activists say.
- Jerusalem car 'attack' kills baby Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:42:36 GMT
- A baby girl is killed and eight others injured after a car hits pedestrians in Jerusalem, in what Israeli police describe as a "terrorist attack".
- Military heads admit Afghan mistakes Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:40:51 GMT
- Military leaders failed to calculate the magnitude of the conflict in Afghanistan, the former head of the British army, Gen Sir Peter Wall, tells the BBC.
- Microsoft to phase out Nokia name Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:44:18 GMT
- Microsoft is ditching the Nokia brand name from new devices, less than a year after acquiring the Finnish mobile firm.
- Nasa shares free sounds from space Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:23:13 GMT
- The US space agency uploads a free library of audio files, including astronaut voices.
- DNA yields secrets of human pioneer Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:06:04 GMT
- DNA analysis of a 45,000-year-old human has helped scientists pinpoint when our ancestors interbred with Neanderthals.
- Serena in heaviest loss for 16 years Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:19:40 GMT
- World number one Serena Williams is beaten by Simona Halep at the WTA Finals in her heaviest defeat for 16 years.
- VIDEO: Orphan baby elephant rescued from well Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:56:16 GMT
- An elephant calf has been air rescued after he fell down a well in the remote region of Milgis Lugga in Northern Kenya.
- VIDEO: Military reburials for WW1 soldiers Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:33:08 GMT
- A reburial service has been taking place in northern France for 15 British World War One soldiers, exactly one hundred years after they were killed in battle.
- VIDEO: Kurds' fury as Kobane battle rages on Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:54:39 GMT
- The fighting in Kobane has pushed relations between the Turkish government and Turkey's Kurdish population to the lowest point for years
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:44:54 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.