24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"If I ever do a book on the Amazon, I hope I am able to bring a certain lightheartedness to the subject, in a way that will tell the reader we are going to have fun with this thing."
—Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts], Recurring Saturday Night Live comedy bit
- Foley 'barbaric murder' shocks West Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:29:36 GMT
- The US, UK and France voice abhorrence at the apparent beheading of American journalist James Foley by an Islamic State (IS) militant.
- Israel strike 'targeted Hamas chief' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:33:00 GMT
- The wife and child of Hamas militant leader Mohammed Deif have reportedly been killed as Israeli air attacks leave 19 people dead in Gaza.
- Rain sparks deadly Japan landslides Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:45:30 GMT
- At least 32 people have been killed in landslides caused by heavy rain that buried houses in Japan's Hiroshima prefecture, officials say.
- Liberia troops enforce quarantine Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:04:06 GMT
- Security forces in Liberia's capital deploy to enforce a quarantine in a large slum area in Monrovia in order to contain the spread of Ebola.
- Fierce fight for east Ukrainian town Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:18:52 GMT
- Ukrainian government and rebel forces both claim control of a small town after fierce fighting, as the death toll among civilians mounts.
- Attorney General to visit Ferguson Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:00:51 GMT
- The US Attorney General is due to arrive in Ferguson, Missouri, the scene of continuing protests over the police shooting of a black teenager.
- Breastfeeding 'cuts depression risk' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:17:01 GMT
- Breastfeeding can halve the risk of post-natal depression, according to a study of nearly 14,000 new mothers.
- Brazilian rapist doctor rearrested Wed, 20 Aug 2014 01:22:03 GMT
- Police in Paraguay arrest a fugitive Brazilian fertility doctor, Roger Abdelmassih, convicted of sexually abusing 39 of his patients.
- India yoga guru BKS Iyengar dies Wed, 20 Aug 2014 04:19:25 GMT
- Legendary Indian yoga guru BKS Iyengar, who developed the Iyengar form of yoga, dies in the western city of Pune aged 95.
- Hospital hack 'exploited Heartbleed' Wed, 20 Aug 2014 11:54:39 GMT
- A leading security expert alleges that hackers made use of the Heartbleed flaw to steal the personal details of 4.5 million healthcare patients.
- Gandhi murder film sparks protest Wed, 20 Aug 2014 08:15:09 GMT
- Kaum De Heere, a controversial film on the October 1984 assassination of former prime minister Indira Gandhi, is set for release in India on Friday.
- India 'man-eating' tiger killed Wed, 20 Aug 2014 06:46:25 GMT
- Forest workers say they have shot dead a tiger blamed for killing seven people in the past six months in western India.
- VIDEO: Friend pays tribute to reporter Foley Wed, 20 Aug 2014 12:27:32 GMT
- Sunday Times photographer Paul Conroy pays tribute to US reporter James Foley, who has apparently been killed by the Islamic State.
- VIDEO: Sad lament of Syrian child brides Tue, 19 Aug 2014 22:45:51 GMT
- There has been a sharp increase in the number of girls under 18, who have fled the conflict in Syria, being forced into early marriages, the United Nations has told the BBC.
- VIDEO: Flying a vintage WW2 German plane Tue, 19 Aug 2014 23:01:25 GMT
- The Civil Aviation Agency is consulting on changes which would allow the owners of vintage planes to take paying passengers on flights.