24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"I think a good novel would be where a bunch of men on a ship are looking for a whale. They look and look, but you know what? They never find him. And you know why they never find him? It doesn't say. The book leaves it up to you, the reader, to decide. Then, at the very end, there's a page you can lick and it tastes like Kool-Aid."
—Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts], Recurring Saturday Night Live comedy bit
- MH17 remains 'still at crash site' Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:24:11 GMT
- The search for victims of the Malaysia Airlines crash in Ukraine must go on as only some 200 bodies have been recovered so far, Dutch officials say.
- UN chief: 'Start talking' over Gaza Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:22:48 GMT
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon pushes for an end to the Gaza conflict with a call in Israel for both sides to "start talking".
- Airlines halt flights into Israel Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:07:01 GMT
- US and European airlines suspend flights into Israel's Ben Gurion airport after Israeli police confirmed that a rocket landed one mile away.
- Suicide car bomb kills 21 in Iraq Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:36:33 GMT
- A suicide car bomb has killed at least 21 people at a police checkpoint in Baghdad's Kadhimiya district, Iraqi police say.
- US court allows Arizona execution Wed, 23 Jul 2014 01:39:03 GMT
- The US Supreme Court clears the way for Arizona to execute a murderer who had sought information about the lethal drugs to be used to kill him.
- Poisoned spy death inquiry announced Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:20:31 GMT
- The government announces a public inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko, the former KGB officer poisoned with radioactive polonium in London.
- Call to end FGM 'in this generation' Tue, 22 Jul 2014 18:19:05 GMT
- Parents face prosecution in the UK if they fail to prevent daughters undergoing female genital mutilation or forced marriage, under new measures.
- Joko Widodo wins Indonesia poll Tue, 22 Jul 2014 14:41:18 GMT
- Jakarta Governor Joko Widodo has been declared the winner of Indonesia's hotly-contested presidential election.
- US courts conflict on Obamacare law Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:04:04 GMT
- Two US appeals courts give conflicting rulings regarding a federal regulation implementing key subsidies of President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law.
- Tajik spy charge academic freed Tue, 22 Jul 2014 21:31:33 GMT
- An academic working for a British university has been freed after being held for over a month in Tajikistan on suspicion of spying.
- Microsoft profit falls on Nokia loss Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:00:59 GMT
- Technology giant Microsoft reports a 7% fall in profits to $4.6bn in the second quarter, hit by a $692m loss at its newly-acquired Nokia handset division.
- Queen's horse fails drugs test Tue, 22 Jul 2014 22:14:16 GMT
- Estimate, a racehorse owned by the Queen, has tested positive for the prohibited substance morphine.
- VIDEO: 'Miracle' survivor of Gaza blast Tue, 22 Jul 2014 17:57:48 GMT
- UN officials say more than 100,000 people have been forced to take shelter in UN buildings in Gaza because of the violence - double the number of the Gaza conflict five years ago.
- VIDEO: Relatives mourn Israeli soldier deaths Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:41:42 GMT
- Relatives of soldiers killed in Israel in the on-going fighting with Palestinians have spoken to the BBC as the UN secretary-general calls for an end to the conflict.
- VIDEO: Norway: 20-hour Ramadan fast ‘tough’ Tue, 22 Jul 2014 23:16:17 GMT
- In Norway, where the days can be 20 hours long in the summer, fasting during Ramadan is a particular challenge.