24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"If none of us ever read a book that was 'dangerous,' had a friend who was 'different' or joined an organization that advocated 'change,' we would all be just the kind of people Joe McCarthy wants. Whose fault is that? Not really [McCarthy's]. He didn't create this situation of fear. He merely exploited it, and rather successfully."
—Edward R (oscoe) Murrow (1908-65) American news anchor, broadcast journalist
- Ceasefire aim as Gaza deaths top 800 Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:26:40 GMT
- Efforts to secure a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas are intensifying as the death toll in the 18-day-old conflict passes 800.
- 'No survivors' in Air Algerie crash Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:29:19 GMT
- There are no survivors from the Air Algerie AH5017 passenger jet that crashed in Mali, says the French President, Francois Hollande.
- Dutch and Australians in MH17 talks Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:38:44 GMT
- The Netherlands and Australia seek access to the rebel-controlled crash site of MH17 in eastern Ukraine as more bodies are flown out.
- Ferry owner death cause 'unknown' Fri, 25 Jul 2014 03:58:15 GMT
- South Korea's forensic agency says it cannot determine the cause of death for the fugitive tycoon blamed for the recent ferry disaster.
- Fifteen killed in Afghan bus attack Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:50:14 GMT
- Suspected Taliban gunmen kill 15 bus passengers from the minority Hazara community in the central Afghan province of Ghor, officials say.
- Australia brings asylum group ashore Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:56:05 GMT
- A group of 157 asylum seekers held at sea will be brought to the Australian mainland to be detained, the immigration minister says.
- BSkyB pays £5bn to create Sky Europe Fri, 25 Jul 2014 09:53:37 GMT
- BSkyB wants to take over Rupert Murdoch's pay TV companies in Germany and Italy in a move that would create a company with 20 million European viewers.
- Wildlife loss link to child slavery Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:17:53 GMT
- New research suggests that the global reduction in wildlife is connected to an increase in human trafficking and child slavery.
- Shift workers 'face diabetes risk' Fri, 25 Jul 2014 00:14:23 GMT
- Type 2 diabetes is more common in people who work shifts, with effects on waistlines, hormones and sleep increasing the risk, a study suggests.
- US reporter believed held in Iran Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:02:13 GMT
- An American reporter for the Washington Post, his wife and two other US journalists appear to have been detained in Tehran, the newspaper says.
- McDonald's halts nuggets sales in HK Fri, 25 Jul 2014 01:36:18 GMT
- Fast-food chain McDonald's suspends sale of chicken nuggets in Hong Kong over the out of date meat scandal at a Chinese supplier.
- Giants return to Liverpool streets Fri, 25 Jul 2014 10:17:41 GMT
- Giant marionettes are back on Liverpool's streets as part of a three-day event commemorating World War One.
- VIDEO: Yoga all at sea Thu, 24 Jul 2014 23:20:38 GMT
- SUP yoga, or stand up paddleboard yoga, involves most of the moves of normal yoga, but is done on a paddleboard in the water.
- VIDEO: Secrets of royal childhoods revealed Fri, 25 Jul 2014 07:21:14 GMT
- A new exhibition at Buckingham Palace is revealing what is is like to grow up in the Royal Family.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 25 Jul 2014 08:17:17 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.