"You are the same today that you are going to be in five years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read."
- MI5 'approached Woolwich suspect' Sat, 25 May 2013 06:06:45 GMT
- UK security service MI5 asked London street attack suspect Michael Adebolajo if he wanted to work for them half a year ago, a childhood friend claims.
- French army to begin Mali pullout Sat, 25 May 2013 04:14:50 GMT
- France is set to begin the first major stage of its military withdrawal from Mali, four months after sending troops to push Islamist rebels out the north.
- Swedish riots spread beyond capital Sat, 25 May 2013 05:37:41 GMT
- Cars and buildings are torched for a sixth night in Stockholm despite extra police being deployed, as rioting spreads to at least two other towns.
- Pakistan gas blast kills 17 children Sat, 25 May 2013 05:43:38 GMT
- At least 17 children have been burned to death after a gas cylinder exploded on their school bus in Pakistan, police say.
- Nigeria Boko Haram camps 'destroyed' Fri, 24 May 2013 20:01:31 GMT
- The Nigerian army says it has destroyed a number of camps used by militant Islamist group, Boko Haram, in the north-east of the country.
- Dancer 'lied' in Berlusconi sex case Fri, 24 May 2013 19:38:55 GMT
- A dancer alleged to have had paid sex as a minor with Italy's ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi tells a court she lied to investigators in 2010.
- Syria opposition ready to negotiate Sat, 25 May 2013 01:56:43 GMT
- Syria's main opposition coalition says it is willing to attend an peace conference next month only if President Bashar al-Assad agrees to step down.
- Author investigated for 'clown' gibe Fri, 24 May 2013 22:28:54 GMT
- Portuguese author and journalist Miguel Sousa Tavares is being investigated for calling President Anibal Cavaco Silva "a clown" in an interview.
- Toronto's Ford denies 'crack video' Fri, 24 May 2013 22:29:35 GMT
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has denied allegations from a major Canadian newspaper he was caught on camera smoking crack cocaine.
- IMF chief Lagarde made key witness Fri, 24 May 2013 20:28:18 GMT
- A French court does not place IMF head Christine Lagarde under investigation over a payout made when she was finance minister, making her a key witness instead.
- Arizona sheriff 'profiled' Hispanics Sat, 25 May 2013 02:04:02 GMT
- The office of Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Arizona, improperly targeted Hispanics in patrols for undocumented immigrants, a judge finds.
- China in first Swiss free-trade deal Fri, 24 May 2013 21:56:37 GMT
- China and Switzerland sign a memorandum of understanding on a free-trade agreement, the first such deal for China with a major Western economy.
- Rare Superman comic 'found in wall' Fri, 24 May 2013 21:39:28 GMT
- A 1938 comic featuring the debut of Superman that was discovered in the wall of an abandoned home could set a new auction record, a dealer says.
- Texting safely on the High Street Fri, 24 May 2013 23:44:46 GMT
- The 'safety belt' for the walking texter
- VIDEO: The book clubs that find bestsellers Fri, 24 May 2013 01:24:23 GMT
- Hookline Books have started a new way of finding bestsellers with book groups at the heart of the decision-making process.