24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Let us welcome controversial books and controversial authors."
—John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917-63) 35th US President, Democrat, politician
- Burkina Faso leader urged to resign Fri, 31 Oct 2014 11:29:57 GMT
- Burkina Faso's opposition renews calls for the immediate resignation of President Blaise Compaore, as hundreds of protesters gather in the capital.
- Key Jerusalem holy site reopens Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:56:12 GMT
- Israel reopens a key Jerusalem holy site after its temporary closure following the shooting of a prominent Jewish activist.
- Lawsuit over Malaysia missing plane Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:40:12 GMT
- Two children whose father was on Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 which disappeared file a lawsuit against the airline and Malaysia's government.
- Charity warns US on Ebola quarantine Fri, 31 Oct 2014 04:51:34 GMT
- Charity Doctors Without Borders warns some mandatory US state Ebola quarantine measures are having a "chilling effect" on its work.
- Russia-Ukraine deal secures EU gas Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:08:33 GMT
- Russia will resume gas deliveries to Ukraine this winter in a deal brokered by the European Union, which will also safeguard supplies to EU countries.
- IPCC debates 'most important' report Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:34:14 GMT
- Scientists and government officials are meeting in Copenhagen to edit a report on the causes, impact and solutions to global warming.
- Hungary scraps controversial web tax Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:58:24 GMT
- Hungary shelves a proposed tax on internet data traffic after tens of thousands of Hungarians marched against it.
- Myanmar in rare multi-party talks Fri, 31 Oct 2014 07:20:20 GMT
- Myanmar's president is holding rare roundtable talks with the opposition, military and ethnic groups, as the US calls for "credible" elections next year.
- BOJ boosts monetary stimulus measure Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:34:29 GMT
- Japan's central bank, the Bank of Japan, surprises markets by announcing an expansion of its monetary stimulus policy.
- US police killing suspect captured Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:26:50 GMT
- A US man who has eluded police in the forests of Pennsylvania for seven weeks after the fatal shooting of a police officer has been found.
- Four dead in Kansas airport crash Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:45:27 GMT
- At least four people were killed and five injured when a small plane crashed into an airport building in Wichita, Kansas, officials say.
- Australia ends sanctions on Fiji Fri, 31 Oct 2014 04:23:14 GMT
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says she is committed to "normalising" relations between Australia and Fiji after the nation's elections last month.
- VIDEO: Lab for world’s worst animal viruses Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:10:15 GMT
- A look around a new lab at Pirbright Institute in Surrey, where the world’s most contagious livestock viruses will be kept.
- VIDEO: Prototype flying car shown off Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:18:17 GMT
- BBC Click looks at some of the week's technology highlights, including a flying car and electric rollerskates.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 31 Oct 2014 05:40:01 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.