"All I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned--the biggest word of all--look."
—Robert (L.) Fulghum (b. 1937) American writer, author
- Confusion deepens over missing plane Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:01:08 GMT
- Teams scour seas both sides of the Malaysian peninsula, as a general denies the plane was tracked to the west and Vietnam investigates a possible sighting.
- Russia 'refuses to talk to Ukraine' Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:42:36 GMT
- Russia's leaders are refusing all negotiations with their Ukrainian counterparts, Ukraine's acting President Oleksandr Turchynov says.
- US death row man free after 25 years Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:30:53 GMT
- A man who spent more than 25 years on death row in the US state of Louisiana walks free from prison after his 1988 murder conviction is overturned.
- 'Encouraging signs' for Schumacher Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:12:47 GMT
- The family of former F1 racer Michael Schumacher says he is showing "small, encouraging signs" in his fight for recovery after a skiing accident.
- Berners-Lee seeks web 'Magna Carta' Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:52:37 GMT
- The world wide web needs a bill of rights to protect users from government surveillance, says Sir Tim Berners-Lee, on the 25th anniversary of his invention.
- No speeches at World Cup ceremony Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:26:44 GMT
- Fifa head Sepp Blatter rules out speeches at the opening of the World Cup after President Rousseff' was booed at last year's Confederations Cup.
- Major blackout hits Australia city Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:37:06 GMT
- Schools and offices close, and traffic lights are knocked out, as a major power cut hits the Australian city of Darwin.
- Turkey braces for coma boy's funeral Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:41:51 GMT
- The funeral is to take place in Turkey of a teenage boy who died nine months after being injured during anti-government protests.
- Bachelet sworn in as Chile president Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:42:57 GMT
- Michelle Bachelet - Chile's first woman president in 2006 - is sworn in for a second time after her election victory in December.
- Student dies in Khartoum violence Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:45:30 GMT
- A student is killed in clashes with police at Sudan's Khartoum University during a protest against violence in the Darfur region.
- Australia 'to stick' with flag Wed, 12 Mar 2014 05:10:28 GMT
- Australia's foreign minister says there is "no great demand" to change the national flag, after New Zealand announced a referendum on its flag.
- Norway hears online child death case Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:58:51 GMT
- A Norwegian woman and her British lover go on trial in Oslo, accused of killing her 22-month-old child under instructions from the UK via Skype.
- Patient has pioneering 3D face op Wed, 12 Mar 2014 07:52:04 GMT
- A survivor of a serious motorbike accident has pioneering surgery to reconstruct his face using a series of 3D printed parts.
- VIDEO: Live coverage of Pistorius trial Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:02:26 GMT
- Live coverage of the trial of South African athlete Oscar Pistorius, who denies murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day 2013.
- VIDEO: Nazi stolen art returned to relatives Wed, 12 Mar 2014 04:10:05 GMT
- Three paintings seized by the Nazis have been returned to family members of the original owners in France.