24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Great nations write their autobiographies in three manuscripts--the book of their deeds, the book of their words and the book of their art."
—John Ruskin (1819-1900) British writer, art critic, Modern Painters
- Turkey clamps down on Syria border Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:03:59 GMT
- Turkey closes most of its border crossings with Syria after the entry of at least 130,000 Kurd refugees, as IS militants approach a key Syrian town.
- Thousands of HK students at boycott Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:41:18 GMT
- Hong Kong students begin a week-long boycott of classes to protest against China's stance on electoral reform in the territory.
- Mars Maven mission arrives in orbit Mon, 22 Sep 2014 02:32:34 GMT
- The US space agency's (Nasa) latest Mars satellite arrives successfully in orbit above the planet, in a mission to study its high atmosphere.
- Tesco execs suspended during inquiry Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:27:17 GMT
- Tesco suspends "a number of people", including four executives, as it launches an inquiry into why its half-year profit forecast was overstated by £250m ($400m).
- Abbott: Security before some freedom Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:18:22 GMT
- Australian PM says the "delicate balance" between freedom and security may shift as he seeks powers to tackle Islamists, after terror raids last week.
- S Leone hails lockdown 'success' Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:14:16 GMT
- Authorities in Sierra Leone say a three-day curfew aimed at containing the Ebola outbreak has been a success and will not be extended.
- Afghan soldiers missing from US base Mon, 22 Sep 2014 06:26:04 GMT
- Three Afghan soldiers participating in a joint exercise at an American base in Massachusetts are reported to be missing.
- Moscow rally against Ukraine crisis Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:07:01 GMT
- Thousands of Russians march in Moscow to protest against Russia's involvement in the Ukraine crisis.
- Global protests over climate change Sun, 21 Sep 2014 22:42:33 GMT
- Street protests demanding urgent action on climate change attract hundreds of thousands of marchers across more than 2,000 locations worldwide.
- 'Deadly blasts' in China's Xinjiang Mon, 22 Sep 2014 03:09:51 GMT
- Two people are killed and others injured in a series of blasts in Luntai county in China's restive Xinjiang region, Chinese media say.
- Pakistan Sunni cleric to be buried Mon, 22 Sep 2014 08:24:10 GMT
- Rawalpindi is tense as it prepares for the funeral of Sunni prayer leader and Mufti Amanullah, 34, who was gunned down last night.
- New toxic mine spill in Mexico Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:14:35 GMT
- The Mexican authorities have issued a new alert about a toxic spill into a river from a copper mine run by the mining giant, Grupo Mexico.
- Roast peanuts 'spark more allergies' Sun, 21 Sep 2014 23:40:38 GMT
- Roasted peanuts may be more likely to trigger allergic reactions than raw peanuts, according to an Oxford University study carried out on mice.
- VIDEO: Jude Law: "DRC gone off the radar" Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:19:43 GMT
- During a trip to the troubled region of Eastern DRC, British actor Jude Law called for more international attention to be given to the country.
- VIDEO: Prohibition plans for Kerala Sun, 21 Sep 2014 06:42:32 GMT
- The southern Indian state of Kerala has said it will ban the sale and consumption of alcohol to tackle the problem of excessive drinking.