24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will go off in your face... one of the few havens remaining where a man's mind can get both provocation and privacy."
—Charles Langbridge Morgan
- Anger mounts as Gaza toll rises Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:52:08 GMT
- The US and UN condemn the shelling of a UN school housing civilians in Gaza, as Palestinians say Israeli attacks kill more than 100 in the day.
- Ebola: Liberia shuts all schools Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:50:16 GMT
- Liberia's government announced it is closing down all schools across the country and deploying troops to stop the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
- House votes to sue President Obama Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:32:37 GMT
- The US House of Representatives has passed a resolution authorising a lawsuit against the president for alleged overreach of his authority.
- 'No deal' in Argentine debt talks Thu, 31 Jul 2014 00:17:21 GMT
- Argentina's Economy Minister Axel Kicillof says his offer to "hold-out" investors has been rejected and a mediator says default is "imminent".
- G7 says Russia faces more sanctions Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:26:37 GMT
- The G7 group of economic powers warns President Putin of further sanctions after Russia called new US and EU penalties "destructive and short-sighted".
- Dozens trapped by Indian landslide Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:42:35 GMT
- At least 20 people are killed after a landslide buries more than 40 houses and leaves up to 200 people trapped in a village in western India.
- Nato 'unprepared for Russia threat' Thu, 31 Jul 2014 00:52:18 GMT
- Nato is poorly prepared for an attack on a member state by Russia, a group of MPs warns in a report.
- Glazers in £88.7m Man Utd share sale Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:16:14 GMT
- Manchester United's US owners will pocket about $150 million by selling more of their shares in the club on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tor attack may have unmasked users Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:16:19 GMT
- Users of the "dark net" service Tor who visited hidden websites may have had their identities revealed by a five-month long cyber-attack.
- Six dead in Nigeria college blast Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:08:06 GMT
- At least six people have been killed in a suicide bombing at a college in northern Nigeria's biggest city, Kano, witnesses say.
- US economic growth surges by 4% Wed, 30 Jul 2014 18:37:29 GMT
- The US economy grew by 4% in the second quarter, according to a preliminary reading by the US Department of Commerce, beating expectations.
- Fire rips through Eastbourne Pier Wed, 30 Jul 2014 23:21:48 GMT
- A devastating fire tears through Eastbourne Pier, leaving the structure an "absolute red, molten, mess of flame and smoke".
- US bridge to get anti-suicide fence Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:53:04 GMT
- A major span between New York City and New Jersey will be getting safety fence designed to prevent suicides, after an increase in deaths this year.
- VIDEO: The challenge of tackling Ebola Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:50:15 GMT
- Scientists have been aware of Ebola since the mid-1970s, but so far no vaccine or cure has been developed.
- VIDEO: Sun bracelet measures UV exposure Tue, 29 Jul 2014 23:01:37 GMT
- The BBC's Dougal Shaw tests out a digital bracelet designed to help people avoid getting too much sun exposure.