"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
—John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer
- Obama pushes Putin on Crimea talks Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:04:58 GMT
- US President Obama urges diplomacy in a telephone call with Russia's President Putin, who says the Ukraine crisis should not damage relations.
- Anwar sodomy acquittal overturned Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:02:58 GMT
- A Malaysian court overturns the acquittal of opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim on sodomy charges, upholding a government appeal.
- Malaria 'spreading to new altitudes' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:13:24 GMT
- Warmer temperatures are causing malaria to spread in the African and South American highlands, traditionally havens from the disease, scientists say.
- Venezuela expels Panama diplomats Fri, 07 Mar 2014 05:12:08 GMT
- Venezuela expels Panama's ambassador and three others as President Nicolas Maduro accuses the country of meddling amid ongoing opposition rallies.
- Sochi ready for biggest Paralympics Fri, 07 Mar 2014 06:59:03 GMT
- Russia will welcome the sporting world back to Sochi on Friday when the opening ceremony takes place for the Winter Paralympics.
- Pistorius trial begins fifth day Fri, 07 Mar 2014 09:40:17 GMT
- Oscar Pistorius is back in court for the fifth day of his trial for the alleged murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
- ICC convicts Congo militia leader Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:07:55 GMT
- The International Criminal Court finds Congo militia leader Germain Katanga guilty of war crimes but acquits him of sexual offences.
- Schumacher condition 'not changed' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 09:53:14 GMT
- Doctors treating injured Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher are still working to bring him out of a coma.
- Argentina finds drugs hidden in skis Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:36:15 GMT
- Police in Argentina say they have foiled a scheme to smuggle cocaine into Europe by hiding the drug in specially-designed skis.
- Queensland hit by record drought Fri, 07 Mar 2014 06:16:44 GMT
- Australia's Queensland is suffering its most widespread drought on record, with almost 80% of the state now included in the list of affected areas.
- Landmark default in China solar firm Fri, 07 Mar 2014 06:36:07 GMT
- Chaori Solar becomes the first Chinese firm to default on its onshore corporate bonds, say media reports quoting the firm, after failing to make an interest payment.
- Twitter bans porn on Vine app Fri, 07 Mar 2014 04:22:19 GMT
- Video-sharing Twitter app Vine announces a ban on all sexually explicit content from being published on the platform.
- VIDEO: Live coverage of Pistorius trial Fri, 07 Mar 2014 07:06:58 GMT
- Live coverage of the trial of South African athlete Oscar Pistorius, who denies murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day 2013.
- VIDEO: Petitioners channel anger in Beijing Thu, 06 Mar 2014 23:38:52 GMT
- With China's annual legislative session underway thousands of people have headed to Beijing to petition the government.
- VIDEO: Shadow puppets come into the light Thu, 06 Mar 2014 20:42:08 GMT
- A look at efforts in Java to bring the ancient Indonesian art of shadow puppet theatre alive.