24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"No book has yet been written in praise of a woman who let her husband and children starve or suffer while she invented even the most useful things, or wrote books, or expressed herself in art, or evolved philosophic systems."
—Anna Garlin Spencer
- Scotland votes 'No' to independence Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:07:18 GMT
- Scotland votes to stay in the United Kingdom and First Minister Alex Salmond accepts defeat but calls for a pledge of more devolved powers to be honoured.
- Australia boosts parliament security Fri, 19 Sep 2014 03:44:28 GMT
- Security is being upgraded at the Australian parliament following "chatter" suggesting extremists could target it for attack, PM Tony Abbott says.
- Sierra Leone begins Ebola lockdown Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:03:38 GMT
- A three-day curfew imposed by Sierra Leone to try to stop the spread of Ebola comes into effect, but critics say it will achieve little.
- Eight dead in Florida house shooting Fri, 19 Sep 2014 05:36:07 GMT
- A grandfather shot dead his daughter and her six children before taking his own life at a home in Bell, Florida, police say.
- Manila floods: Thousands evacuated Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:50:13 GMT
- Thousands of people are evacuated in the Philippine capital Manila and nearby provinces as tropical storm Fung-Wong brings floods.
- Video of British hostage released Thu, 18 Sep 2014 20:00:17 GMT
- A new video is released showing a British man, identified as journalist John Cantlie, believed to be held hostage by Islamic State militants.
- Obama hails Congress vote on Syria Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:48:52 GMT
- President Obama says Congress's backing for his $500m plan to aid moderate Syrian rebels shows that the US is united against Islamic State.
- Oracle boss Larry Ellison steps down Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:14:29 GMT
- Multi-billionaire Oracle boss Larry Ellison steps aside to focus on product engineering, as Mark Hurd and Safra Catz are named as co-chief executives.
- Alibaba sets share price at $68 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:52:57 GMT
- Chinese online giant Alibaba prices its shares $68 ahead of the start of trading on Friday, making it one of the biggest stock market listings ever.
- Forest land rights need global focus Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:21:47 GMT
- Recognising the land rights of local people could provide cost-effective protection for many of the world's tropical forests, a report says.
- China tennis star Li Na retires Fri, 19 Sep 2014 05:54:45 GMT
- China's sporting hero Li Na announces her retirement from tennis at the age of 32, citing injury problems.
- VIDEO: 'Home of golf' accepts women members Thu, 18 Sep 2014 18:16:05 GMT
- The Royal and Ancient Golf Club in St Andrews has voted to accept women members for the first time in its history.
- VIDEO: London hosts Turner and Constable shows Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:02:19 GMT
- Rivals in life, two of Britain's greatest painters William Turner and John Constable, are the subjects of major exhibitions in London.
- VIDEO: TV forecaster breaks endurance record Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:47:47 GMT
- Eli Kari Gjengedal has broken the world record for continuous weather presenting, with 33 hours on screen.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 19 Sep 2014 06:53:49 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.