24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Critics are by no means the end of the law. Do not think all is over with you because you articles are rejected. It may be that the editor has his drawer full, or that he does not know enough to appreciate you, or you have not gained a reputation, or he is not in a mood to be pleased. A critic's judgment is like that of any intelligent person. If he has experience, he is capable of judging whether a book will sell. That is all."
—Lavina Goodell Junior editor, Harper's Bazaar
- Israel and Hamas agree new truce Fri, 01 Aug 2014 03:32:57 GMT
- Israel and Hamas agree to an unconditional 72-hour humanitarian ceasefire to begin on Friday morning, after 24 days of fighting between the two sides.
- Multiple Taiwan gas blasts kill 24 Fri, 01 Aug 2014 03:34:15 GMT
- A series of gas explosions in the southern Taiwanese city of Kaohsiung kills at least 24 people and injures about 270 others.
- Sudan 'apostasy' woman arrives in US Fri, 01 Aug 2014 01:51:57 GMT
- A woman who fled Sudan after being spared a death sentence for renouncing Islam has arrived in the US state of New Hampshire to start a new life.
- Memo reveals response to CIA 'abuse' Thu, 31 Jul 2014 18:07:45 GMT
- A still-secret Senate report on CIA enhanced interrogations "tells a story of which no American is proud", a leaked White House memo states.
- Ebola victim heads to US hospital Fri, 01 Aug 2014 03:36:48 GMT
- A hospital in Atlanta is preparing to receive a US aid worker infected with the deadly Ebola virus while working in West Africa.
- US ex-governor's wife 'sought gifts' Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:27:27 GMT
- The star witness in the corruption trial of Virginia ex-governor Bob McDonnell says the ex-first lady sought gifts in return for business help.
- China manufacturing growth speeds up Fri, 01 Aug 2014 01:40:14 GMT
- China's factory activity grows at its fastest pace in more than two year in July, the latest in a series of signs that the country's economy may be stabilising.
- WTO fails to seal global trade deal Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:14:27 GMT
- The World Trade Organization says its 160 members have failed to agree a global customs pact drawn up in meetings in Bali last December.
- Forensic scientists reach MH17 site Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:28:35 GMT
- International forensic scientists reach the site of the flight MH17 crash in east Ukraine after the government halts military operations for a day.
- Argentina blames US for debt default Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:50:43 GMT
- Argentina blames the US for its default, calling the mediator in debt negotiations which ended in failure "incompetent".
- Make-up 'godfather' Dick Smith dies Thu, 31 Jul 2014 21:14:02 GMT
- Oscar-winning make-up artist Dick Smith, who memorably transformed Marlon Brando into Vito Corleone in The Godfather, has died aged 92.
- Giraffe dies after 'hitting bridge' Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:31:37 GMT
- South Africa's animal rights body is probing the death of a giraffe that reportedly hit its head on a bridge as it was being transported on a motorway.
- VIDEO: Axe crashes through windscreen Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:24:43 GMT
- A car passenger had a lucky escape after an axe flew off the back of a lorry and through the windscreen of the vehicle travelling behind it.
- VIDEO: Mysterious miracle? Crop circle draws crowds Thu, 31 Jul 2014 06:33:01 GMT
- A giant crop circle which apparently appeared out of nowhere, has drawn crowds of people to a farmer's field in Bavaria, southern Germany.
- VIDEO: Underwater art exhibition in Italy Thu, 31 Jul 2014 12:53:54 GMT
- An exhibition of photographs is taking place underwater off an Italian island.