24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"What we become depends on what we read after all the professors have finished with us. The greatest university of all is the collection of books."
—Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881) British historian, essayist
- Brown vows to 'lock in' Scots powers Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:25:18 GMT
- Gordon Brown says his promise of further powers for Scotland will be delivered to the timetable set out ahead of the independence referendum.
- 45,000 Syrians 'flee to Turkey' Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:16:09 GMT
- Turkey says more than 45,000 Syrians have crossed the border in 24 hours, as hundreds of Kurds head the other way to fight Islamic State militants.
- UK and France agree Calais measures Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:16:45 GMT
- The UK government is to provide £12m to help France tackle the problem of illegal immigrants trying to enter Britain from Calais.
- Ukraine deal with eastern rebels Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:50:41 GMT
- The Ukrainian government and pro-Russian rebels agree a memorandum on a peace plan for the conflict in the east of the country, at talks in Minsk.
- Paratroops mark Arnhem WW2 battle Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:26:34 GMT
- Paratroops from Europe and the US are staging parachute jumps in the Netherlands to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Arnhem.
- NZ governing party wins elections Sat, 20 Sep 2014 11:56:25 GMT
- New Zealand's governing National Party, led by Prime Minister John Key, wins an emphatic election victory, near-complete results show.
- French farmers torch tax office Sat, 20 Sep 2014 11:49:30 GMT
- Angry French vegetable farmers protesting against falling living standards burn down tax and insurance offices in a Brittany town.
- Yemen capital hit by new clashes Sat, 20 Sep 2014 14:55:12 GMT
- Clashes between Yemen's Houthis and Sunni militias continue in the capital, Sanaa, killing four people and injuring three, reports say.
- Britons detained in Qatar fly home Sat, 20 Sep 2014 13:05:17 GMT
- Two Britons detained in Qatar after investigating the treatment of migrant workers there fly back to the UK.
- UK couple missing after hurricane Sat, 20 Sep 2014 02:10:08 GMT
- A British couple are reported missing off the Mexican coast after Hurricane Odile hit the country last weekend.
- Intruder sparks White House alert Sat, 20 Sep 2014 04:28:29 GMT
- Secret Service agents briefly evacuate part of the White House after an intruder was spotted running through the grounds.
- Tipsy Australian 'repels' crocodile Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:08:55 GMT
- An Australian hunter says he fought off a crocodile by poking the reptile in the eye, admitting he was tipsy during the attack.
- VIDEO: Base jumpers leap from 370m bridge Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:39:20 GMT
- Base jumpers from around the world have been competing in Anshun city in China's Guizhou province.
- VIDEO: River dwellers fear for their future Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:01:05 GMT
- A government immigration census in Cambodia has members of the ethnic Vietnamese community living on the Tonlé Sap river fearing for their future.
- VIDEO: Metal ballet meets Games of Thrones Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:01:02 GMT
- Brutal Ballet performed a Games of Thrones inspired piece at TitanCon, a science fiction and fantasy convention in Belfast.