"A good book has no ending."
—R. D. Cumming
- Asian states search for missing jet Sat, 08 Mar 2014 13:23:09 GMT
- Planes and ships from south-east Asian nations join forces to search the South China Sea for a Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 people.
- Ukraine crisis 'artificial' - Lavrov Sat, 08 Mar 2014 12:32:45 GMT
- Russia's foreign minister says the crisis in Ukraine was "created artificially for purely geopolitical reasons" as tension over Crimea continues.
- Libya rebels load N Korea oil tanker Sat, 08 Mar 2014 13:45:23 GMT
- Rebels who seized oil ports in eastern Libya say they have loaded oil on to a North Korean-flagged tanker.
- Turkish ex-military chief freed Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:52:32 GMT
- Turkey's former army chief Ilker Basbug is released from prison in Istanbul after a local court overturns his conviction for plotting a coup.
- Kenyan president takes pay cut Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:57:34 GMT
- Kenya's President Uhuru Kenyatta announces that he and his cabinet will take pay cuts to help reduce the government's ballooning wage bill.
- US general faces assault accuser Sat, 08 Mar 2014 02:49:26 GMT
- A US Army captain weeps as she tells a court that a general made her perform oral sex on him and threatened to kill her family if she told anyone.
- VIDEO: 'Electronic lollipop' simulates taste Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:09:20 GMT
- Scientists at City University, London have developed a machine that they say is able to simulate taste.
- VIDEO: Rubbish piles up on Rio streets Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:14:20 GMT
- Rio Carnival officially ended on Wednesday but piles of rubbish left on the city's streets are still waiting be collected.
- VIDEO: Tension in Caracas as clashes continue Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:10:41 GMT
- Clashes have broken out again on the streets of the Venezuelan capital, Caracas.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 08 Mar 2014 12:54:32 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Composer admits lying about deafness Fri, 07 Mar 2014 18:02:07 GMT
- Mamoru Samuragochi, one of Japan's most famous composers, officially apologises for pretending to be deaf. He was exposed last month by a music teacher, who also claimed that he wrote all of his music for him in secret for 18 years.
- VIDEO: 'Marry me!' Harry heckled at Wembley Fri, 07 Mar 2014 16:38:11 GMT
- Prince Harry has taken to the stage at Wembley Arena to address 12,000 young people taking part in the first We Day UK.
- VIDEO: 'I have nothing to do with Bitcoin' Fri, 07 Mar 2014 10:27:07 GMT
- Controversy is surrounding claims by Newsweek to have found the creator of the Bitcoin virtual currency.
- VIDEO: Drought threat looms over Kenya region Fri, 07 Mar 2014 06:23:13 GMT
- The Turkana region in northern Kenya is facing one of the worst droughts in living memory with more than 1m people in need of food aid.
- Great Walls 'could stop tornadoes' Sat, 08 Mar 2014 03:27:49 GMT
- Building gigantic walls across the US could protect Tornado Alley "forever", a physicist says, though critics say the idea is unworkable.