24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Gaylord Perry and Willie McCovey should know each other like a book. They've been ex-teammates for years now."
—Jerry Coleman San Diego Padres announcer
- Foley killers 'wanted $132m ransom' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:05:12 GMT
- Islamic State jihadists demanded a $132m (£80m) ransom for the release of US journalist James Foley, his employer GlobalPost says.
- Malaysia MH17 bodies arrive home Fri, 22 Aug 2014 03:38:18 GMT
- The bodies of 20 Malaysian victims of Flight MH17 that crashed in Ukraine arrive at Kuala Lumpur, as the nation holds a day of mourning.
- Rain hampers Japan landslide rescue Fri, 22 Aug 2014 03:40:39 GMT
- Heavy rain hampers rescue operations in Japan's Hiroshima prefecture where a deadly landslide killed at least 39 people, with 51 still missing.
- US Ebola patients out of hospital Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:19:00 GMT
- One of the US aid workers who recovered from the Ebola virus says he is "thrilled to be alive" as he and another patient are discharged from hospital.
- NSA and GCHQ agents 'leak Tor bugs' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:01:40 GMT
- The Tor Project says it believes some NSA and GCHQ agents are surreptitiously leaking it information to protect anonymity on the net.
- Argentina debt plan ruled 'illegal' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:32:35 GMT
- Argentina's plan to ask investors holding defaulted bonds to swap them for new locally issued debt is ruled "illegal" by a US court.
- National Guard to leave Ferguson Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:15:05 GMT
- The National Guard is set to withdraw from the St Louis suburb where a black teenager was killed by police this month, as tensions ease.
- Navi Pillay rebukes Security Council Fri, 22 Aug 2014 00:05:13 GMT
- UN's human rights chief Navi Pillay strongly criticises the UN Security Council for its failure to prevent conflicts around the world.
- India blocks Gandhi murder film Fri, 22 Aug 2014 02:31:03 GMT
- India blocks the release of a film on the assassination of former Indian prime minister Indira Gandhi, after complaints it glorifies her killers.
- Venezuela "to fingerprint shoppers" Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:42:03 GMT
- Venezuela plans to fingerprint supermarket shoppers in a move to combat food shortages and smuggling.
- Ukraine inspects Russian aid convoy Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:53:40 GMT
- The Red Cross says Ukrainian customs checks have begun on Russian aid lorries destined for the besieged city of Luhansk.
- Rights campaigner Helen Bamber dies Thu, 21 Aug 2014 20:28:26 GMT
- Veteran human rights campaigner Helen Bamber, who was among the first to relieve Nazi concentration camp victims in 1945, dies.
- VIDEO: Hanoi gardens' blooming trade Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:57:27 GMT
- Vietnam's lotus gardens are capitalising on an increasingly popular source of revenue. In midsummer when the flowers bloom, young and old flock to the gardens to have their pictures taken.
- VIDEO: Why are Moscow McDonald's shut? Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:04:39 GMT
- Moscow correspondent Steven Rosenberg looks at the closure of a number of McDonald's restaurants in Russia.
- VIDEO: Bombers in historic Lincoln flypast Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:54:29 GMT
- The world's only two flying Lancasters have been united with a Vulcan bomber in a formation flight described as a "never to be repeated" event