24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Nothing, it appears to me is of greater value in a man than the power of judgement; and the man who has it may be compared to a chest fulled with books, for he is the son of nature and the father of art."
—Pietro Aretino (1492-1556) Italian poet, writer, dramatist
- Virgin spacecraft crash kills pilot Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:43:07 GMT
- At least one person is dead and another injured after Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo space tourism craft crashes in California.
- Burkina Faso's president resigns Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:49:39 GMT
- Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore resigns following violent protests, with army chief Honore Traore taking over as head of state.
- Iraqi Kurds 'in Kobane to fight IS' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:28:20 GMT
- Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga fighters cross the Turkish border to help defend the Syrian town of Kobane from Islamic State militants.
- UN chief defends Ebola aid workers Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:31:36 GMT
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon says discrimination against humanitarian workers who return home from the Ebola crisis in West Africa is "unacceptable".
- China makes 'biggest cash haul' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:53:19 GMT
- Anti-corruption investigators in China confirm the finding of the equivalent of $33m in cash at an official's home - the biggest such haul to date.
- US shares close at record levels Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:55:04 GMT
- The Dow and S&P 500 close at record levels, helped by a surprise move by the Bank of Japan to boost its stimulus measures.
- Meyiwa suspect in court in S Africa Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:13:16 GMT
- A suspect appears in court in South Africa over the killing of national football captain Senzo Meyiwa during an alleged robbery.
- Jeers for accused US police killer Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:58:26 GMT
- Local residents jeer and shout abuse at a Pennsylvania man accused of killing a police officer and eluding authorities on a weeks-long manhunt.
- Key Jerusalem holy site reopens Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:34:49 GMT
- Israel reopens a key Jerusalem holy site after its temporary closure following the shooting of a prominent Jewish activist.
- IPCC debates 'most important' report Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:34:14 GMT
- Scientists and government officials are meeting in Copenhagen to edit a report on the causes, impact and solutions to global warming.
- Hungary scraps controversial web tax Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:57:00 GMT
- Hungary shelves a proposed tax on internet data traffic after tens of thousands of Hungarians marched against it.
- Harris loses conviction appeal bid Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:38:29 GMT
- Entertainer Rolf Harris loses the first round of a legal challenge against his conviction for indecent assaults.
- VIDEO: Baby pandas wrestle with their keeper Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:23:55 GMT
- A breeder in China's Chendgu province was trying to give these two baby pandas medicine instead of their usual bamboo leaves- and they were having none of it.
- VIDEO: Lab for world’s worst animal viruses Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:10:15 GMT
- A look around a new lab at Pirbright Institute in Surrey, where the world’s most contagious livestock viruses will be kept.
- VIDEO: Prototype flying car shown off Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:18:17 GMT
- BBC Click looks at some of the week's technology highlights, including a flying car and electric rollerskates.