24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"[A] book ... unlike a television program, moving picture or any other 'modern means of communication' ... can wait for years, yet be available at any moment when it happens to be needed."
—Joseph Wood Krutch (1893-1970) American critic, natrualist, writer, The Modern Temper
- Politicians ponder Scotland's future Sat, 20 Sep 2014 05:17:54 GMT
- Politicians on both sides of the independence debate are to consider the best way ahead for Scotland after voters backed remaining in the UK.
- Turkish hostages in Iraq released Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:30:08 GMT
- Dozens of Turkish hostages seized by militants in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul in June are back in Turkey, says Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu.
- Ukraine deal with eastern rebels Sat, 20 Sep 2014 06:43:56 GMT
- The Ukrainian government and pro-Russian rebels agree a memorandum on a peace plan for the conflict in the east of the country, at talks in Minsk.
- New Zealand votes in 'dirtiest' poll Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:16:15 GMT
- Voters in New Zealand go to the polls after what is being called the dirtiest campaign in the nation's history.
- Imams in hostage video appeal to IS Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:48:34 GMT
- Leading British Muslim scholars make a direct appeal to Islamic State militants to free Alan Henning, a UK hostage threatened with death.
- Intruder sparks White House alert Sat, 20 Sep 2014 04:28:29 GMT
- Secret Service agents briefly evacuate part of the White House after an intruder was spotted running through the grounds.
- Court to hear Berlusconi fraud appeal Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:08:13 GMT
- The European Court for Human Rights will hear Italian ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi's appeal against a fraud conviction, his lawyer says.
- UK couple missing after hurricane Sat, 20 Sep 2014 02:10:08 GMT
- A British couple are reported missing off the Mexican coast after Hurricane Odile hit the country last weekend.
- Russian jets intercepted off Alaska Fri, 19 Sep 2014 23:40:33 GMT
- Six Russian fighter jets are intercepted by American and Canadian planes off the coast of Alaska on Wednesday, US defence officials confirm.
- Guilty plea in US embassy bombings Sat, 20 Sep 2014 01:50:54 GMT
- An Egyptian man accused of helping to plan the 1998 bombings of US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania pleads guilty in a New York court.
- Catalonia approves independence vote Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:30:16 GMT
- Catalonia's parliament votes to give its leader the power to call a secession consultation, a move the Spanish government has criticised.
- VIDEO: Guinea Ebola team found killed Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:21:27 GMT
- Eight members of a team trying to raise awareness about Ebola have been killed by villagers using machetes and clubs in Guinea, officials say.
- VIDEO: US jet in emergency landing Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:12:04 GMT
- A JetBlue airlines A-320 flying over California has been forced to make an emergency landing when an engine problem caused smoke to enter the aircraft's cabin.
- VIDEO: Madrid opposes Catalan referendum Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:39:32 GMT
- The Spanish government in Madrid says a referendum in Catalonia would be illegal under the national constitution.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 20 Sep 2014 04:36:34 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.