24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"There is no remedy so easy as books, which if they do not give cheerfulness, at least restore quiet to the most troubled mind."
—Lady Mary Wortley Montagu (1689-1762) English society figure, letter writer
- Hong Kong leader in protest appeal Tue, 30 Sep 2014 04:28:19 GMT
- Hong Kong leader CY Leung urges pro-democracy protesters to "immediately" stop their campaign, as crowds bring parts of the city to a standstill.
- Argentina 'in contempt' of US court Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:50:45 GMT
- A US judge rules that Argentina is in contempt of court for refusing to obey an order to repay the debt it owes to two US hedge funds.
- World wildlife populations 'plummet' Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:29:43 GMT
- The global loss of species is even worse than previously thought, with wildlife populations halving in just 40 years, a report says.
- Japan volcano eruption intensifies Tue, 30 Sep 2014 04:45:25 GMT
- Efforts to recover the bodies of at least 24 climbers are suspended again after the eruption on Japan's Mount Ontake intensifies.
- Third video of UK hostage released Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:58:00 GMT
- A third video has appeared featuring British hostage John Cantlie who is being held by Islamic State militants.
- Intruder 'ran through' White House Tue, 30 Sep 2014 00:07:27 GMT
- A man arrested for breaking into the White House earlier this month gained access to more of the building than previously believed, US media report.
- Thousands flock to 'anti-Facebook' Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:42:52 GMT
- Ad-free social media platform Ello overcomes a technical setback to continue its rapid growth, but one expert questions its business model.
- IS and Iraq battle over key town Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:50:18 GMT
- Iraqi ground forces, backed by air strikes, appear to have halted advancing Islamic State (IS) militants in a key town near Baghdad.
- Afghans to sign troop deal with US Tue, 30 Sep 2014 05:54:36 GMT
- The new Afghan government is to sign a deal on Tuesday that will permit a reduced contingent of US troops to remain in the country beyond 2014.
- Israel points to Iran as main threat Mon, 29 Sep 2014 21:17:04 GMT
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warns that a nuclear Iran is a bigger threat to the world than Islamic State (IS) militants.
- Canada body parts murder trial opens Tue, 30 Sep 2014 04:12:38 GMT
- A Canadian man admits killing his lover and sending parts of his body in the post to political figures, as his trial opens in Montreal.
- Netflix to release full-length film Tue, 30 Sep 2014 01:48:04 GMT
- The video streaming site Netflix will release its first feature-length film in 2015, after striking a deal with the Weinstein Company.
- VIDEO: Third video of UK hostage released Tue, 30 Sep 2014 01:53:56 GMT
- A third video has been posted online showing the British photographer John Cantlie, who's being held by the group which calls itself Islamic State.
- VIDEO: Da Vinci: Ermine's secrets revealed Mon, 29 Sep 2014 22:03:53 GMT
- A French scientist uses reflective light technology to reveal the secrets of the 500-year-old Lady with an Ermine by Leonardo da Vinci.
- VIDEO: Web inventor 'pays his way' online Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:11:39 GMT
- Worldwide web inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee talks about his concerns for the internet, as he renews his call for a digital Magna Carta.