24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"[A] book ... unlike a television program, moving picture or any other 'modern means of communication' ... can wait for years, yet be available at any moment when it happens to be needed."
—Joseph Wood Krutch (1893-1970) American critic, natrualist, writer, The Modern Temper
- US drops arms to Kurds battling IS Mon, 20 Oct 2014 08:37:46 GMT
- US military aircraft drop weapons, ammunition and medical supplies to Kurdish fighters battling IS militants in the key Syrian town of Kobane.
- Two Japan ministers quit amid rows Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:45:42 GMT
- Two of five women in Japan's cabinet resign over funding scandals, in a blow to PM Shinzo Abe's plans to bring more women into top-level politics.
- Nigeria to be declared Ebola-free Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:19:11 GMT
- The World Health Organization is expected to declare Nigeria officially free of Ebola on Monday, after six weeks with no new cases.
- Jokowi sworn in as Indonesia leader Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:54:12 GMT
- Joko Widodo, widely known as Jokowi, appeals for national work and unity as he is sworn in as the new president of Indonesia.
- Australia lifts parliament veil ban Mon, 20 Oct 2014 03:57:00 GMT
- Australia reverses a rule which would have restricted access to the parliament building in Canberra for women wearing full-face Islamic veils.
- HK protesters deny 'foreign link' Mon, 20 Oct 2014 01:15:32 GMT
- Pro-democracy activists criticise comments by Hong Kong leader CY Leung, who says "external forces" are involved in protests in the territory.
- Downing Street rejects Barroso claims Mon, 20 Oct 2014 08:36:46 GMT
- A Downing Street source rejects claims made by Jose Manuel Barroso that the UK would be making an "historic mistake" if it leaves the EU.
- Russia denies submarine incident Sun, 19 Oct 2014 21:13:33 GMT
- Russia denies that one of its submarines got into trouble off Sweden, after reports of suspicious activity in the Baltic.
- China's communist leaders to gather Mon, 20 Oct 2014 00:51:31 GMT
- A key meeting of Chinese Communist Party leaders focusing on the rule of law and fighting corruption is due to begin in Beijing.
- Lufthansa pilots' strike expanded Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:06:40 GMT
- A Lufthansa pilots' strike hitting short-haul services on Monday is expanded to include long-haul routes on Tuesday.
- Modi party to form state governments Mon, 20 Oct 2014 03:52:21 GMT
- India's BJP is set to form governments in Maharashtra and Haryana, after the party won the elections in both states.
- Actress Lynda Bellingham dies aged 66 Mon, 20 Oct 2014 08:38:49 GMT
- British actress and presenter Lynda Bellingham, who had colon cancer, has died aged 66, her agent confirms.
- VIDEO: Cliff diving champions crowned Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:51:25 GMT
- There were spectacular scenes in Yuctan, Mexico, this Saturday for the final event of the 2014 Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series.
- VIDEO: Pitt: Fury 'depicts reality of war' Sun, 19 Oct 2014 18:23:48 GMT
- The London Film Festival closed on Sunday evening with a screening of Brad Pitt's new film Fury.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Mon, 20 Oct 2014 07:12:42 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.