24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"A man loses contact with reality if he is not surrounded by his books."
—François Maurice Mitterrand (b. 1916) President of France
- Foley killers 'wanted $132m ransom' Thu, 21 Aug 2014 21:13:40 GMT
- Islamic State jihadists demanded a $132m (£80m) ransom for the release of US journalist James Foley, his employer GlobalPost says.
- US bank in record $16.7bn settlement Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:29:12 GMT
- Bank of America agrees to pay a record $16.7bn (£10bn) to US authorities for selling toxic mortgage loans that helped trigger the financial crisis.
- US Ebola patients out of hospital Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:19:00 GMT
- One of the US aid workers who recovered from the Ebola virus says he is "thrilled to be alive" as he and another patient are discharged from hospital.
- Rights campaigner Helen Bamber dies Thu, 21 Aug 2014 20:28:26 GMT
- Veteran human rights campaigner Helen Bamber, who was among the first to relieve Nazi concentration camp victims in 1945, dies.
- Davutoglu named as Turkey's new PM Thu, 21 Aug 2014 17:42:06 GMT
- Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu will take over from Recep Tayyip Erdogan as the country's prime minister, the ruling AK Party confirms.
- National Guard to leave Ferguson Thu, 21 Aug 2014 19:15:05 GMT
- The National Guard is set to withdraw from the St Louis suburb where a black teenager was killed by police this month, as tensions ease.
- Hanged India girls' 'rape' in doubt Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:48:56 GMT
- A forensic probe into after the murder and alleged gang rape of two teenage cousins in northern India concludes they were not sexually assaulted.
- S Africa MPs halt president's speech Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:33:07 GMT
- An address to parliament by South Africa's President Jacob Zuma is halted by opposition MPs chanting: "Pay back the money."
- Indonesia court upholds Widodo win Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:41:53 GMT
- Indonesia's top court upholds Joko Widodo's victory in July's presidential elections, rejecting an appeal from defeated candidate Prabowo Subianto.
- Israel kills top Hamas commanders Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:18:58 GMT
- An Israeli air strike kills three senior Hamas military commanders as Israel vows to pursue its Gaza campaign until it achieves "full security".
- Ukraine inspects Russian aid convoy Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:53:40 GMT
- The Red Cross says Ukrainian customs checks have begun on Russian aid lorries destined for the besieged city of Luhansk.
- Russian returns imported French pate Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:00:36 GMT
- Russian tourists have failed to bring home a supply of French pate from abroad, unaware they were flouting Moscow's food sanctions.
- VIDEO: Hanoi gardens' blooming trade Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:57:27 GMT
- Vietnam's lotus gardens are capitalising on an increasingly popular source of revenue. In midsummer when the flowers bloom, young and old flock to the gardens to have their pictures taken.
- VIDEO: Why are Moscow McDonald's shut? Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:04:39 GMT
- Moscow correspondent Steven Rosenberg looks at the closure of a number of McDonald's restaurants in Russia.
- VIDEO: Bombers in historic Lincoln flypast Thu, 21 Aug 2014 18:54:29 GMT
- The world's only two flying Lancasters have been united with a Vulcan bomber in a formation flight described as a "never to be repeated" event