24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"It meant that New York philanthropists, New York society, would now rediscover the library. ... that learning, books, education have glamour, that self-improvement has glamour, that hope has glamour."
—Vartan Gregorian President, NY Public Library
- Ukraine 'agrees truce' with Putin Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:09:42 GMT
- Ukraine's President Poroshenko says he has agreed with Russian President Putin on a "permanent ceasefire" in the east of the country.
- Outrage at 'US hostage beheading' Wed, 03 Sep 2014 07:11:48 GMT
- An Islamic State video purporting to show the beheading of US hostage Steven Sotloff sparks outrage, with the UN calling it a "despicable crime".
- Corruption 'costs millions of lives' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:58:03 GMT
- About $1tn a year is being taken out of poor countries and millions of lives are lost because of corruption, the One campaign group says.
- DNA overturns 30-year US convictions Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:56:35 GMT
- Two US men who spent three decades in prison for rape and murder, one on death row, are released after new DNA evidence proves their innocence.
- Celebrity leaks 'no breach' - Apple Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:49:12 GMT
- The leaking of intimate photos of celebrities from iCloud accounts was due to a theft of log-in information, not a security breach, says Apple.
- Ashya's parents freed from prison Wed, 03 Sep 2014 08:03:21 GMT
- The parents of Ashya King are released from prison in Spain after UK prosecutors withdrew a European arrest warrant.
- US targets al-Shabab's leader Tue, 02 Sep 2014 19:44:15 GMT
- The US military says it has carried out air strikes in Somalia, targeting the leader of militant group al-Shabab, but it is unclear if he was killed.
- Fukushima workers sue over pay Wed, 03 Sep 2014 02:58:38 GMT
- A group of workers decommissioning the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant sue its operator Tepco over unpaid hazard wages.
- Calais mayor threatens to block port Wed, 03 Sep 2014 04:16:37 GMT
- The mayor of the French city of Calais threatens to block the port unless Britain does more to control the rising number of illegal migrants.
- Japan PM boosts women in cabinet Wed, 03 Sep 2014 06:40:00 GMT
- PM Shinzo Abe brings five women into the cabinet - matching Japan's highest ever number - as he reshuffles his top line-up.
- Gary Barlow 'settling tax affairs' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:36:02 GMT
- Singer Gary Barlow has said he is working with new accountants following controversy over his tax dealings.
- Economics 'driving language loss' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:58:20 GMT
- A thriving economy can lead to the extinction of some languages, scientists believe.
- VIDEO: Beslan school siege: Ten years on Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:12:10 GMT
- Ten years after the end of the deadly siege of a school in Beslan, North Ossetia, BBC Russian's Olga Ivshina spoke to some of those who were there.
- VIDEO: Modi's first 100 days in power Wed, 03 Sep 2014 03:18:12 GMT
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has completed his first 100 days as leader of the country.
- VIDEO: Apple: Celebrity accounts hacked Tue, 02 Sep 2014 21:58:14 GMT
- The FBI are investigating allegations that the online accounts of dozens of celebrities have been hacked, allowing explicit photos to be posted on the internet.