24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Critics are by no means the end of the law. Do not think all is over with you because you articles are rejected. It may be that the editor has his drawer full, or that he does not know enough to appreciate you, or you have not gained a reputation, or he is not in a mood to be pleased. A critic's judgment is like that of any intelligent person. If he has experience, he is capable of judging whether a book will sell. That is all."
—Lavina Goodell Junior editor, Harper's Bazaar
- Solemn ceremony for MH17 victims Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:42:52 GMT
- The Netherlands receives the first victims' bodies from crashed Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in a solemn ceremony at Eindhoven air base.
- Hamas ties ceasefire to blockade Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:11:41 GMT
- Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal says there can be no ceasefire in Gaza without an end to Israel's economic blockade, as fighting continues.
- Arizona execution takes two hours Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:31:40 GMT
- US death row inmate Joseph Wood dies after Arizona execution takes nearly two hours to kill him,
- Dozens killed in Taiwan plane crash Wed, 23 Jul 2014 16:56:35 GMT
- More than 40 people die when a TransAsia Airways passenger plane crashes after making a failed emergency landing in Taiwan, local officials say.
- Commonwealth Games begin in Glasgow Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:48:01 GMT
- The 2014 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony takes place at Celtic Park in Glasgow.
- Ban on flights to Tel Aviv renewed Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:25:20 GMT
- The suspension of US and European airline flights to Israel's Ben Gurion airport after a nearby rocket attack has been extended for a second day.
- Venezuela opposition leader on trial Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:43:43 GMT
- The trial begins of one of Venezuela's main opposition leaders, Leopoldo Lopez, accused of inciting violence during anti-government protests in February.
- Suspected Auschwitz guard dies in US Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:47:15 GMT
- Johann Breyer, 89, has died awaiting extradition to Germany amid allegations he committed Nazi war crimes during World War Two.
- US 'around the world' flier crashes Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:55:18 GMT
- A US teenager and his father who crashed their plane during an attempt to fly around the world knew the risks, a relative says.
- Costa Concordia heads for scrapyard Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:37:38 GMT
- The wreck of the Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia is being towed away for scrap, in one of the biggest maritime salvage operations ever staged.
- S Leone chief Ebola doctor infected Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:17:55 GMT
- The doctor leading the fight against Ebola in Sierra Leone is now being treated for the deadly virus, a statement from the presidency says.
- Geldof died of heroin overdose Wed, 23 Jul 2014 12:17:52 GMT
- TV presenter Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose after relapsing from a period of abstinence, a coroner rules.
- Key bridge blown up in Nigeria Wed, 23 Jul 2014 10:18:34 GMT
- Militant Islamists are suspected to have blown up a major bridge in north-eastern Nigeria, disrupting transport links with Cameroon, local residents tell the BBC.
- Arrests made after eBay Stubhub thefts Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:56:18 GMT
- Arrests are made in the UK, US, Canada and Spain after a scam involving e-tickets for Elton John concerts and other shows sold via Stubhub.
- VIDEO: Last journey of Costa Concordia Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:16:41 GMT
- The BBC's Alan Johnston reports on the journey so far of the wrecked cruise ship Costa Concordia as it is towed to Genoa for scrapping.