"A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood."
- S Korea leader condemns ferry crew Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:27:25 GMT
- South Korean President Park Geun-hye condemns the conduct of some of the crew of the ferry that sank last week, calling it "akin to murder".
- Russia says Kiev 'breaking accord' Mon, 21 Apr 2014 09:11:04 GMT
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov accuses the Kiev authorities of breaking last week's Geneva accord on resolving the Ukraine crisis.
- Boy survives flight in wheel well Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:06:33 GMT
- A 16-year-old boy survives an extraordinary journey hidden in the wheel well of a five-hour flight from California to Hawaii.
- Boston set for emotional Marathon Mon, 21 Apr 2014 09:18:17 GMT
- Boston is set to hold an emotional annual marathon amid high security, a year after bombs near the finish killed three and injured hundreds.
- MH370 hunt 'still drawing blank' Mon, 21 Apr 2014 04:21:49 GMT
- A robotic submarine scanning for signs of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is two-thirds through its ocean scan but has yet to find any trace.
- Japan warns over China ship seizure Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:52:44 GMT
- China's seizure of a Japanese cargo ship over a pre-war debt could hit business ties, Japan's top government spokesman warns.
- PM's Christianity remarks 'divisive' Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:10:29 GMT
- Leading public figures claim PM David Cameron risks causing division in society with his recent comments that the UK is a Christian country.
- Myanmar democracy elder Win Tin dies Mon, 21 Apr 2014 04:50:52 GMT
- Win Tin, the journalist who helped found Myanmar's pro-democracy movement and served 19 years in prison for his activism, dies at the age of 85.
- Fresh violence erupts in Venezuela Mon, 21 Apr 2014 01:46:49 GMT
- Fresh violence erupts in the Venezuelan capital, Caracas, between police and opponents of President Nicolas Maduro.
- Gibraltar fire hits online gambling Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:02:36 GMT
- An explosion and fire on Gibraltar cuts power to much of the British territory and disrupts a number of online betting operations around the world.
- Sir Bob to pay tribute to Peaches Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:24:26 GMT
- Sir Bob Geldof will pay tribute to his daughter Peaches later, as her funeral is held at the same church as where she married in Kent.
- Skin cancer rates 'surge since 70s' Mon, 21 Apr 2014 00:03:38 GMT
- The incidence of the most serious skin cancer is now five times higher than it was in the 1970s, figures show.
- VIDEO: Russian 'outrage' at Sloviansk attack Mon, 21 Apr 2014 09:07:43 GMT
- Ukraine has said it will launch an investigation into a fatal attack in the east of the country, which has further increased tensions between Kiev and Moscow.
- VIDEO: Bride kidnapping in Kyrgyzstan Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:09:36 GMT
- State authorities in Kyrgyzstan are trying to fight practices of bride kidnapping in the country. Two victims of bride kidnapping spoke to the BBC.
- VIDEO: Boston runners recall marathon attack Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:00:46 GMT
- Doctor Natalie Stavas finished last year's Boston Marathon just as the bombs exploded, and now the runner turned first responder prepares to run again.