24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered."
—Wystan Hugh Auden (1907-73) British-born American writer, critic
- Video of Ottawa attack released Thu, 23 Oct 2014 20:24:59 GMT
- Authorities in Canada release video showing the moments before a lone gunman stormed into Canada's parliament and was shot dead by police.
- Nato jets 'intercept Russian plane' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:08:21 GMT
- Nato warplanes have intercepted a Russian spy plane over the Baltic Sea, the alliance says, amid heightened tensions between the West and Russia.
- Boko Haram 'abducts more women' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:54:17 GMT
- Dozens of women and girls have been abducted from two villages in north-eastern Nigeria by suspected militants despite a reported truce, residents say.
- Injured Schumacher makes 'progress' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:26:15 GMT
- A doctor who treated Michael Schumacher for nearly six months after his brain injury in a skiing accident says the F1 champion has made "some progress".
- Ebola blood-therapy team set up Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:24:28 GMT
- An international team of scientists is to determine the effectiveness of using the blood of Ebola survivors as a treatment.
- EU eyes new green energy targets Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:58:36 GMT
- An EU summit gets under way shortly, seeking agreement on carbon emission cuts that could make Europe a global leader again in climate policy.
- US-led Syria strikes 'kill hundreds' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:12:04 GMT
- US-led air strikes against Islamic State (IS) militants in Syria have killed 553 people since September, including 464 IS fighters, activists say.
- Kosovo minister in key Serbia visit Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:28:04 GMT
- Enver Hoxhaj becomes the first minister from Kosovo to officially visit Serbia since his country unilaterally seceded in 2008.
- Deadly attacks hit Quetta city Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:43:30 GMT
- The leader of one of Pakistan's biggest religious parties escapes as at least 13 people are killed in a spate of attacks in the Pakistani city of Quetta.
- Japan minister in sex bar funds row Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:51:04 GMT
- Japan's new trade minister Yoichi Miyazawa is forced to defend himself after it emerged support staff spent office money at a sex club.
- Netanyahu blames Abbas over attack Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:10:59 GMT
- Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu accuses the Palestinian president of incitement, after an attack which killed a baby in Jerusalem.
- Air chiefs quit over Total boss death Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:32:18 GMT
- The chief executive of Russia's Vnukovo airport and his deputy resign after a plane crash this week that killed the head of France's Total, Christophe de Margerie.
- VIDEO: Ebola: Scenes of horror in Liberia Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:46:37 GMT
- There have now been more than 4,800 reported deaths from Ebola, with Liberia the worst affected country. Around 50 new cases are being reported every day in the capital Monrovia.
- VIDEO: Egypt's battle to end FGM Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:37:02 GMT
- A court date is set for a verdict in Egypt's landmark trial in a case of female genital mutilation (FGM).
- VIDEO: Future-gazing at TechCrunch London Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:41:54 GMT
- As the annual TechCrunch event for tech start ups comes to London for the first time, David Grossman goes to investigate.