"There is a difference between a book of two hundred pages from the very beginning, and a book of two hundred pages which is the result of an original eight hundred pages. The six hundred are there. Only you don't see them."
—Elie(zer) Wiesel (b. 1928) Romanian-born writer, lecturer, survivor Nazi camps, Nobel
- Theater shooting jurors won't visit Colorado's death row, judge rules Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:10:29 MDT
- Jurors deciding the fate of the Aurora movie theater gunman will not take a trip to Colorado's death row, hear about prison conditions or examine punishments meted out in other murder cases,
- Police investigate officer-involved shooting in northeast Denver Tue, 11 Mar 2014 16:02:53 MDT
- Denver police are investigating an incident in which an officer discharged his weapon near East 33rd Avenue and High Street.
- Colorado man gets 10 years in prison for hatchet attack Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:51:43 MDT
- A Summit County judge has sentenced a man to 10 years in prison for hitting his wife in the head with a hatchet.
- Lakewood police seek help in ID'ing store robbers Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:47:03 MDT
- Lakewood police are asking the community for help in identifying a man and woman who work together to rob stores.
- Denver weather: Snow Tuesday; evening commute could be tricky Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:43:13 MDT
- Snow began falling in Denver shortly after noon Tuesday.To the south, Interstate 25 was backed up with multi-vehicle traffic accidents on Monument Hill.
- Vestas Wind to boost hiring at its Colorado factories Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:26:41 MDT
- Vestas Wind Systems said Tuesday it will hire more than 850 production workers at its Colorado plants based on one of the best years the company has had for orders.
- Man arrested 9 years after skeleton found in Rubbermaid container Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:09:11 MDT
- A dozen years after a woman vanished and nine years after her decayed remains were found in a Rubbermaid container sealed with duct tape, a Denver man has been arrested in her death.
- Denver 4/20 rally likely will go on after smoothing legal rift Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:49:16 MDT
- The first year of legal recreational marijuana sales nearly brought an ironic twist when Denver city officials raised the possibility of shutting down the city's huge, long-held 4/20 rally.
- Vehicle crashes into Clear Creek in canyon west of Golden Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:45:06 MDT
- A vehicle crashed into Clear Creek on Tuesday in Jefferson County. The crash happened about 1:20 p.m. on U.S. Highway 6 in Clear Creek Canyon, said Karlyn Tilley, a Golden spokeswoman.
- Jaacob Van Winkle may face three counts of first-degree murder in triple homicide Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:02:46 MDT
- A Cañon City man is facing first-degree murder charges after three bodies were found Sunday evening in a home on Phay Avenue.
- Mom and 2 kids in Cañon City murder case identified Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:19:08 MDT
- Three people, a mother and her two children, whose bodies were found in a Cañon City home were identified Tuesday morning.
- Boulder County wants help watching for springtime flood hazards Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:53:06 MDT
- Boulder County has at least 94 flood-damaged sites that need to be fixed before spring runoff, and officials want help spotting more. "By people being vigilant and watching their community, we can gain a lot of information," Mike Chard of the county's office of emergency management told about 300 people at LifeBridge Christian Church on Monday. "We want to take care of it while it's manageable."
- Officials discover another Cotter leak Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:41:42 MDT
- CANON CITY, Colo.—For the second time in five months, Cotter Corp. Uranium Mill officials have discovered a leak of contaminated water, but both spills reportedly have been contained
- Police investigating 'potential threat' made against Erie High School Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:27:12 MDT
- Erie police are investigating a "potential threat" made against Erie High School by minors two weeks ago.
- Road rage leads to attempted murder in Colorado Springs Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:52:56 MDT
- Police in Colorado Springs are seeking the public's help in finding a driver suspected in a road rage incident that led to attempted murder.