"To my daughter Leonora without whose never failing sympathy and encouragement this book would have been completed in half the time."
—P. G. Wodehouse
- Nebraska boy gets wish: indoor skydiving as Iron Man Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:48:28 MDT
- Eight-year-old Max Vertin has a disease that is weakening his muscles but not his imagination. Make-A-Wish Colorado says Max, who loves to pretend to fly like a superhero, soared Tuesday at an indoor skydiving facility called SkyVenture Colorado.
- Proposal aimed at abortion rights draws scorn of Archdiocese of Denver Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:47:19 MDT
- A Colorado proposal spearheaded by Democrats that would prohibit any state or local policy that "denies or interferes with an individual's reproductive health care decisions" has spawned a stark partisan split in the legislature and drawn a strong rebuke from the Archdiocese of Denver.
- Wheat Ridge revving up its retail resuscitation Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:45:05 MDT
- As one of Colorado's oldest communities, Wheat Ridge has been showing its age, with ghostly shopping centers and empty lots at key intersections and unimaginative housing options in the city.
- Competition heats up as RNC 2016 convention scouts visit Denver Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:44:52 MDT
- Denver on Wednesday will play host to a group from the Republican National Committee on the first of six visits to potential hosts for the party's national convention in 2016.
- GOP claim about Sen. Mark Udall and Obamacare ruled "mostly false" Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:44:37 MDT
- A nationally lauded political-fact checking enterprise has concluded Congressman Cory Gardner's claim that Sen. Mark Udall cast the deciding vote on Obamacare was "mostly false."
- Lamborn tells Air Force to relax its rules on religion Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:43:44 MDT
- U.S. Rep Doug Lamborn penned a letter signed by 21 of his colleagues demanding that the Air Force relax its rules on religious expression.
- Plot of Longmont boy's kidnapping outlined Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:41:10 MDT
- Investigators found elaborate plans to kidnap a Longmont boy from his mother's home last May recorded on cellphone text messages and in spreadsheets saved on a suspect's laptop computer, according to Boulder prosecutors.
- Beating suspect beaten by cellmate in Boulder jail Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:38:40 MDT
- Austin Holford, one of two teenagers accused of beating 30-year-old Aaron Tuneberg to death with a baseball bat during a March robbery, was reportedly assaulted last week at the Boulder County Jail by a cellmate who wanted to "show him what it feels like to be beaten to death."
- This little piggy is for the real estate market Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:49:06 MDT
- Local real-estate startup Trelora wants to make pigs fly. Known for its flat-rate commissions, the 2-year-old company has been leaving neon-green pig cutouts around Denver — causing thousands to take to social media wondering why — as part of a guerrilla marketing campaign to announce its new initiative, My Real Estate Idea.
- Colorado's monitoring of psychotropics trails other states' efforts Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:21:36 MDT
- Colorado lags other states that established policies years ago to reduce the use of powerful psychotropic drugs by children in foster care.
- Meds, lack of oversight put emphasis on survival Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:21:16 MDT
- Tamisha Macklin's therapists always wanted to talk about her behavior: Did she smoke pot this week? Did she ditch school? Her therapy, she says, barely scratched the surface of her pain. They didn't ask much about the night she was taken from her father at 6 years old and dropped off at a foster home, where she cried for days and hardly spoke.
- Colorado moves to shut down raided medical marijuana businesses Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:18:59 MDT
- In October 2012, a state investigator discovered multiple illegal, after-hours sales of medical marijuana at VIP Cannabis in Denver.
- Denver woman spent 13 minutes on 911 call before being shot to death Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:18:32 MDT
- For 13 minutes, a terrified Denver woman told a 911 dispatcher on the telephone that her husband was hallucinating, talking about the end of the world and asking her to shoot him.
- Aurora council nixes pay raises, "strong mayor" Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:17:40 MDT
- So much for making the Aurora City Council a full-time gig and increasing the power of the mayor. At a retreat last weekend, the council decided against asking voters to approve raises for the council and mayor.
- Lawsuit filed over flooding at Adams County courthouse Wed, 16 Apr 2014 00:10:06 MDT
- Adams County has filed a lawsuit against the construction company that led a multimillion dollar expansion project for the county courthouse.