"I do not mean to suggest that our handsome, newly enlarged library is to be a headquarters of busy bookworms, old and young, routinely absorbing knowledge by the hour while birds sing outside and the Mets fight it out for last place in the National League. On the contrary, a good library is a joyful place where the imagination roams free, and life is actively enriched."
—John K. Hutchens
- Denver charter school to get $7 million from Colorado mogul Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:07:08 MDT
- Colorado billionaire John Malone on Thursday announced plans to donate $7 million to the Denver School of Science and Technology, doubling his initial investment in the charter school system.
- Colorado health exchange proposes insurer fee to raise $13 million Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:06:26 MDT
- Colorado's new health exchange will decide this summer whether to assess a fee to insurance companies for each policy they provide exchange users.
- Loveland police warn of fake cop pulling people over Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:31:10 MDT
- Loveland police are warning the community about a man pretending to be a cop who has pulled over at least one driver.
- Legislative committee passes new restrictions on marijuana edibles Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:29:50 MDT
- A bill in the Colorado legislature to put extra safety restrictions on marijuana-infused edible products passed its first test Thursday.
- Procedural tiff could foul Oklahoma lesbian couples' marriage quest Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:21:01 MDT
- Oral arguments before the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Oklahoma's ban on same-sex marriage Thursday had less to do with weddings than whether the plaintiffs sued the wrong person
- Observatory Park husband ate marijuana candy before shooting wife, affidavit says Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:07:11 MDT
- The 47-year-old man accused of killing his wife Monday night while she spoke to a 911 operator allegedly consumed marijuana candy hours before he began hallucinating in his Denver home.
- Man gets 24 years for beating, attempted sex assault of teen Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:01:29 MDT
- A 22-year-old man was sentenced to more than 20 years in prison Thursday for beating and attempting to sexually assault a teenager whose home he entered last year.
- After last year's recalls, Colorado House Democrats pass change in law Thu, 17 Apr 2014 16:58:12 MDT
- The House of Representatives passed, on a 37-28 party-line vote, a bill that will allow citizens to cast remote ballots in recall elections.
- Evergreen looks to apply for creative arts district designation Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:21:08 MDT
- Evergreen illustration artist Ted Garcia paints every day, so for his entry in the Downtown Evergreen Egg Decorating Contest, he did something different.
- Parks and recreation, fire boards in Evergreen-area special elections Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:17:21 MDT
- Special district elections will take place May 6 in the Evergreen area, including those for the Evergreen Park and Recreation District Board of Directors and area fire district boards.
- Civic Center Moves offers free outdoor workouts in downtown Denver Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:16:36 MDT
- One might not consider Civic Center park when looking for places to exercise this summer, but the Civic Center Conservancy is attempting to change that.
- West Line light rail prompts Lakewood to beef up bike, pedestrian access Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:09:34 MDT
- City officials say the April 2013 arrival of RTD's West Line light rail is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to change the dynamic of how Lakewood residents live, work and play.
- Three seats up on Apex Park and Recreation District board Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:06:35 MDT
- Five candidates will compete for three at-large seats on the Apex Park and Recreation District Board of Directors in the May 6 election.
- Eight candidates vie for three open spots on board of West Metro Fire district Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:05:45 MDT
- West Metro Fire Protection District has 247,648 people in its service area and employs 332 full-time firefighters who staff 15 stations over more than 110 square miles.
- Barn dance will be largest fundraiser in Jeffco 4-H history Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:04:27 MDT
- Sitting proudly astride her horse, Bright Eyes, 15-year-old Karly Haggerty beamed as she talked about the 4-H Ranger-Wranglers club she's been involved with since she was 8 years old.