"Books must follow sciences, and not sciences books."
—Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626) English philosopher, essayist, statesman
- Denver metro Toys for Tots short 30,000 gifts; some events may be cut Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:46:06 MST
- Due to a massive shortage of gifts, some Toys for Tots charitable holiday events in the metro area may be canceled this year.
- Berthoud police chief resigns during internal investigation Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:29:59 MST
- Berthoud Police Chief Glenn Johnson resigned Monday amid allegations he knew, and did nothing about, one of his officers allegedly beating a child.
- CU-Boulder: Patti Adler's prostitution skit raised concerns about filming without consent Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:10:13 MST
- University of Colorado officials told faculty members in a closed-door meeting Wednesday that there have been long-term concerns about tenured sociology professor Patti Adler's course "Deviance in U.S. Society." Steven Leigh, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, said, "There have been concerns expressed over the years, and unfortunately these concerns have not been dealt with in an effective manner."
- Arapahoe High shooter acquainted with victim, sheriff says Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:40:51 MST
- Arapahoe High School shooter Karl Pierson was an acquaintance of the girl he shot at point-blank range, but the two were not friends, officials said Wednesday.
- Colorado lowers medical-marijuana patient fee to $15 Wed, 18 Dec 2013 19:09:36 MST
- Medical-marijuana patient fees will be dramatically lowered to $15 annually beginning early next year, the state board of health decided Wednesday.
- Longmont police: Garage explosion set off by THC extraction Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:51:59 MST
- Longmont police believe an attempt to extract THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, caused an explosion in a James Circle garage Wednesday in south Longmont.
- Owner of Krabloonik sled dogs near Aspen charged with animal cruelty Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:14:37 MST
- The owner of an Aspen-area dog-sledding business that has long faced allegations of abuse was indicted Wednesday on eight counts of animal cruelty.
- Universal blood supply in Colorado critically low, donors sought Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:42:20 MST
- The blood supply in Colorado is at a critical low and Bonfils Blood Center is putting out an urgent call for donations.
- On-ramp claims another truck in Wheat Ridge Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:56:50 MST
- A problem on-ramp in Wheat Ridge has claimed another semi truck hauling suds. About 44,000 pounds of beer had to be picked up Wednesday afternoon after a semi tipped on the ramp from eastbound Colorado 58 to eastbound Interstate 70, said John Romero, Wheat Ridge police spokesman.
- Two held as suspects in Larimer County armed robbery Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:51:43 MST
- Two men have been arrested as suspects in the armed robbery of a Larimer County convenience store.
- On-ramp in Wheat Ridge claims another semi Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:41:43 MST
- A problem on-ramp in Wheat Ridge has claimed another semi truck hauling suds.About 44,000 pounds of beer had to be picked up Wednesday afternoon after a semi tipped on the ramp from eastbound
- Feds call out Colorado in releasing study on teen pot use Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:53:46 MST
- Federal drug abuse officials called out Colorado by name Wednesday in releasing a new national survey of illicit drug use among teenagers, saying marijuana legalization efforts are clearly
- Colorado marijuana: The do's and don'ts of new recreational pot law Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:46:50 MST
- Colorado's recreational marijuana law has left some with questions about what they can and can't do when the first retail shops open on Jan. 1.
- Man permanently disabled in Aurora theater shooting sues Cinemark Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:35:16 MST
- A man who became a quadriplegic when a bullet severed his spine in the Aurora theater shooting has sued Century Theatres for what he said were lax security measures that put him and many others
- Denver weather breaks record high temperature before snow returns Wed, 18 Dec 2013 13:13:21 MST
- The temperatures in Denver broke a record high Wednesday, but snow is the forecast.At 12:53 p.