"To sit alone in the lamplight with a book spread out before you, and hold intimate converse with men of unseen generations--such is a pleasure beyond compare."
- New chief named to Littleton Fire Rescue Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:33:25 MST
- Christopher Armstrong was named the new chief of Littleton Fire Rescue on Thursday. Armstrong was chosen after a national search that included more than 40 interviewers, according to a news
- Eastbound Twin Tunnels to open three lanes by Friday Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:21:18 MST
- IDAHO SPRINGS — No one is happier than Jackie Voss that the eight-month project to widen the eastbound bore of the Twin Tunnels on Interstate 70 is finally finished.
- Colorado considers lowering medical-marijuana patient fee Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:17:40 MST
- Colorado health officials want to reduce the fee that licensed medical-marijuana patients pay, in a move that could impact how many people stick with medical-marijuana after recreational pot
- Denver cops barred from working off-duty security jobs at pot shops Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:15:05 MST
- When recreational-marijuana shops open on Jan. 1, Denver police officers will stand outside for crowd control but won't be allowed to step inside to provide off-duty security from within.
- Colorado stops putting mentally ill prisoners in solitary confinement Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:10:03 MST
- Colorado prison wardens can no longer send prisoners with major mental illness to solitary confinement, according to a memo distributed Thursday that solidifies state policy years in the making.
- Real estate manager pays back Santa Claus Shop with gift of space Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:41:04 MST
- When he was kid, John Romero, his mom and three siblings, sometimes walked or took a bus from their north Denver home to the nonprofit Denver Santa Claus Shop, where they shopped for
- Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson to retire Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:38:50 MST
- Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson announced Thursday he plans to retire from law enforcement before his full, third term as top cop has expired.
- Truck crashes in Deer Creek Canyon closes road, driver injured Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:48:32 MST
- A semi truck crashed in Deer Creek Canyon Thursday afternoon and the driver was taken to a local hospital with minor injuries, according to the Colorado State Patrol.
- Inmate admits fatal prison attack was "all about the body count" Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:34:34 MST
- ORDWAY — A prison inmate accused of killing one correctional officer and seriously wounding a second said he had planned to kill a third in order to boost his body count to "at least
- Social media threats send extra cops to two Colorado high schools Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:29:11 MST
- Police officers are providing precautionary security at two metro area high schools after school officials and officers learned about rumors of a potential threat.
- Colorado denying more medical-marijuana business applications Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:26:59 MST
- Colorado's medical-marijuana regulators have rejected business applications at an increasing rate as they near the end of a 3-year-old backlog, according to figures provided by the state.
- Amy Harmon brings new life to Denver's distressed neighborhoods Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:24:45 MST
- Amy Harmon grew up with the dream of becoming a photojournalist/anthropologist, just like her heroes, Annie Leibovitz and Margaret Mead.
- Red Cross and Mexican Consulate in Denver join to help immigrants Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:10:10 MST
- When hundreds of immigrant workers were flooded out of their trailers and apartments near Greeley and Evans this summer the American Red Cross was there to help — with a good partner.
- Fox News reporter Jana Winter relieved at New York court's ruling Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:01:18 MST
- The Fox News Channel reporter who had been facing jail time if she refused to divulge her sources for a story about the Aurora theater shooting said she hopes she can go back to doing her job, now that the ordeal appears to be behind her.
- Propane tank explosion in Englewood injures one Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:55:32 MST
- A person has been injured in a propane explosion in Englewood. The incident happened Thursday morning in the 2600 block of East Stanford Drive, according to a South Metro Fire Rescue Authority spokeswoman.