"Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the sense shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourse of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness."
—Helen Adams Keller (1880-1968) American memoirist, lecturer
- 4/20 Denver: Concerts, the Cannabis Cup, festivals, burlesque and more Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:28:49 MDT
- What are you doing for 4/20?On this first 4/20 after legal recreational marijuana sales started, the cannabis world is coming to Colorado.
- Two prisoners escape from Englewood prison camp Sun, 20 Apr 2014 23:25:47 MDT
- Authorities are looking for two inmates who walked away from a minimum security prison camp in Englewood Saturday night.
- 4-year-old dies in house fire in Morgan County Sunday night Sun, 20 Apr 2014 22:20:18 MDT
- A 4-year-old child died in a house fire northeast of Brush in Morgan County on Sunday night.
- Denver 4/20 rally draws mellow crowd; police issue dozens of citations Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:57:53 MDT
- As the sun rose at Red Rocks Amphitheater on Sunday, David Garcia — high on the holy spirit as well as just plain high — contemplated the unusual convergence of prayer and pot in Colorado this year.
- Cannabis Cup draws thousands to Denver 4/20 weed fair Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:52:33 MDT
- In the vast outdoor weed fair that is part of the High Times Cannabis Cup, Cat Jordan of Colorado Springs walks among the stalls, cradling her new water pipe.
- Scenes from Denver's 4/20 celebrations Sun, 20 Apr 2014 20:29:46 MDT
- A capacity crowd huddled under blankets, wearing coats, gloves and hats for sunrise Easter service at Red Rocks Amphitheater early Sunday.
- Leftover Salmon, Method Man and Redman headline Denver 4/20 show Sun, 20 Apr 2014 18:18:35 MDT
- Organizers estimate about 5,000-6,000 people came through the gates of a mini-festival outside of Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom that had 26th to 28th streets closed on Welton Street.
- Oscar Meyer recalls 96,000 pounds of cheese dogs Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:22:25 MDT
- The cheese in your Oscar Meyer Classic Cheesedog could contain milk, but you wouldn't know it from the labeling, which has prompted a recall of 96,000 pounds of franks, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service said Sunday.
- More tainted meat found in Gunbarrel park where dogs were poisoned Sun, 20 Apr 2014 16:19:40 MDT
- Two more poison-laced meatballs were found in a park in Boulder County on Sunday, as authorities continue the search for the culprit who has harmed at least three pets.
- "Scrounge": Recycling junk into art at Denver's Republic Plaza Sun, 20 Apr 2014 15:43:44 MDT
- More than paint, clay or thread, and way more than any structured material like bronze or stone, the found object is the artistic medium of the millennium.
- Colorado sees sharp rise in competency exams for criminal defendants Sun, 20 Apr 2014 11:39:21 MDT
- Every year judges order hundreds of Colorado defendants to undergo exams to determine whether they are mentally competent to stand trial.
- Louisville girl, adopted from China as a baby, headed to U.S. Naval Academy Sun, 20 Apr 2014 09:13:43 MDT
- Louisville's Susan Loo and Larry Donner admit they were not good empty-nesters. In 1996, the two had been married for 14 years, raised a son, Brian, who was then 24 and living in Keystone, and itched to have another little one running around their home.
- Canada Goose parkas warm many including a supermodel Sun, 20 Apr 2014 01:10:06 MDT
- Canada Goose president and CEO Dani Reiss is a pretty serious chap — until the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit edition is mentioned.
- Pro Cycling Challenge pacing to turn a profit. In year five. Sun, 20 Apr 2014 01:00:43 MDT
- When 135 of the world's top cyclists pedal across the state in August in the fourth year of the wildly popular race, Rick Schaden hopes to lose only $2 million on the race that costs $10 million to $11 million to host.
- Marijuana tourism booms in Colorado, though officials remain skeptical Sun, 20 Apr 2014 00:59:51 MDT
- Marla Cooley isn't exactly being discreet when she advertises the marijuana friendliness of her vacation rental home near Lyons.