24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Beyond the formative effects of reading on the individuals composing society, the fact that they have read the same books gives them experiences and ideas in common. These constitute a kind of shorthand of ideas which helps make communication quicker and more efficient. That is what we mean when we say figuratively of another person, We speak the same language."
—Charles Scribner, Jr.
- Payday loan hardship cases 'up 42%' Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:30:46 GMT
- The number of people struggling with payday loans has risen by 42% in the past year, according to the debt charity StepChange.
- Ashya parents fight extradition Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:21:05 GMT
- The parents of Ashya King are held in police custody after refusing to consent to their extradition to the UK at an appearance at the High Court in Spain.
- British Ebola patient 'pretty well' Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:41:03 GMT
- The parents of the first British person to contract Ebola during the outbreak in West Africa say he is recovering well.
- Hospitals seeing more skin cancer Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:02:24 GMT
- The number of people admitted to hospital for skin cancer treatment in England rose by nearly a third in five years, figures show.
- Day in pictures: 28 August 2014 Thu, 28 Aug 2014 11:13:22 GMT
- News images from around the world: 28 August
- New Documentary Photography from Scotland & Wales Wed, 27 Aug 2014 07:17:12 GMT
- Photographers' images of Scotland and Wales
- Day in pictures: 27 August 2014 Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:19:24 GMT
- News images from around the world: 27 August
- Richard Attenborough career in pictures Sun, 24 Aug 2014 22:36:55 GMT
- British actor and director's illustrious career
- In pictures: India's 'untouchable' scavengers Mon, 25 Aug 2014 05:37:59 GMT
- Calls to end India's low-caste manual scavenging
- Day in pictures: 26 August 2014 Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:11:10 GMT
- News images from around the world: 26 August
- In pictures: Emmy Awards 2014 Tue, 26 Aug 2014 07:28:08 GMT
- Images from the 2014 awards in Los Angeles
- In pictures: The Maliki years Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:08:59 GMT
- Career of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki
- Why Paris is forgetting Ernest Hemingway Tue, 02 Sep 2014 00:04:29 GMT
- Why Paris is forgetting Ernest Hemingway
- How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved? Tue, 02 Sep 2014 01:31:21 GMT
- How much has the Ice Bucket Challenge achieved?
- Does the rest of UK care if Scotland goes? Tue, 02 Sep 2014 01:43:03 GMT
- Does the rest of the UK care if the Scots become independent?