24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"[A] book ... unlike a television program, moving picture or any other 'modern means of communication' ... can wait for years, yet be available at any moment when it happens to be needed."
—Joseph Wood Krutch (1893-1970) American critic, natrualist, writer, The Modern Temper
- Ebola health team killed in Guinea Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:58:45 GMT
- Eight members of a team trying to raise awareness about Ebola have been killed by villagers in Guinea, officials say.
- Syria infant deaths 'due to mix-up' Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:17:13 GMT
- Medics in rebel-held Syria accidentally gave a muscle relaxant to up to 75 children instead of a measles vaccine, killing 15, the opposition says.
- Wembley to host Euro 2020 final Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:44:10 GMT
- Wembley Stadium will host the final and semi-finals of Euro 2020, European governing body Uefa confirms.
- Double Grand Slam winner Li retires Fri, 19 Sep 2014 05:49:50 GMT
- China's two-time Grand Slam winner Li Na announces her retirement from tennis because of "chronic injuries".
- Kenya's Westgate attack a year on: Voices from the mall Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:22:47 GMT
- Powerful memories still fresh after 12 months - the first terrifying hours of Kenya's deadly Westgate siege.
- The freedivers who swim with whales Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:16:14 GMT
- A group of researchers who risk their lives to swim side-by-side with sperm whales and humpbacks are hoping to get a unique insight into the animals' behaviour.
- Liberian female rebel arrested Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:22:12 GMT
- Rights groups welcome the arrest in Belgium of a female commander of Charles Taylor's rebels for war crimes allegedly committed during Liberia's civil war.
- Alibaba sets share price at $68 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:52:57 GMT
- Chinese online giant Alibaba prices its shares $68 ahead of the start of trading on Friday, making it one of the biggest stock market listings ever.
- Tottenham report anti-Semitic flag Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:15:00 GMT
- Tottenham report an anti-Semitic banner displayed by Partizan Belgrade fans to Uefa, European football's governing body.
- Vigilantes tackle post-storm looting Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:21:03 GMT
- Vigilante groups in Mexico's Baja California Sur state set up patrols to try to stop looting in the aftermath of hurricane Odile.
- Obama hails Congress vote on Syria Thu, 18 Sep 2014 23:48:52 GMT
- President Obama says Congress's backing for his $500m plan to aid moderate Syrian rebels shows that the US is united against Islamic State.
- Mayor Rob Ford vows to beat cancer Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:01:51 GMT
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks his supporters and tells them he will beat the rare, aggressive cancer he was diagnosed with earlier this week.
- Cameron: Let's build a better UK Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:07:24 GMT
- PM David Cameron says it is time for millions of voices in England, Wales and Northern Ireland to be heard after Scotland votes to stay in the UK.
- Thailand murder inquiry 'difficult' Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:07:58 GMT
- The investigation into the murders of British tourists Hannah Witheridge and David Miller is proving "difficult", Thai police say.
- Health services finances 'worsening' Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:17:24 GMT
- The NHS in England has run up a deficit of nearly £500m in the first few months of the financial year, official figures show.