24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"[A] book ... unlike a television program, moving picture or any other 'modern means of communication' ... can wait for years, yet be available at any moment when it happens to be needed."
—Joseph Wood Krutch (1893-1970) American critic, natrualist, writer, The Modern Temper
- Iceland's volcano ash alert lifted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:33:56 GMT
- An eruption near Iceland's Bardarbunga volcano that briefly threatened air travel has ended, local officials say.
- Legal challenge to badger cull fails Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:29:47 GMT
- A High Court bid to halt this year's badger culling, which will take place without independent monitoring, fails.
- Test Ebola drug '100% effective' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:00:16 GMT
- The only trial data on the experimental Ebola drug ZMapp shows it is 100% effective in monkey studies, even in later stages of the infection.
- Plain packs 'no illegal smoking link' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:15:39 GMT
- A study of smokers in Australia suggests there is "no evidence" that the introduction of standardised cigarette packaging has changed the way people buy cigarettes.
- Everton 3-6 Chelsea Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:05:48 GMT
- Diego Costa scores twice as Chelsea win a nine-goal thriller against Everton to keep up their 100% start to the season.
- India beat England to take 2-0 lead Sat, 30 Aug 2014 16:56:27 GMT
- India beat England by six wickets at Trent Bridge to take a 2-0 lead in the one-day series with two games left.
- The makeover that's divided a nation Sat, 30 Aug 2014 01:00:22 GMT
- Macedonia has embarked on a major revamp of its capital city, Skopje. But the changes have been controversial with some calling the makeover a "crime".
- The millionaires who rescue people at sea Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:51:10 GMT
- A couple in Malta have launched what they say is the world's first privately funded boat to help migrants in trouble at sea.
- Senegal confirms first Ebola case Fri, 29 Aug 2014 20:28:21 GMT
- Senegal's health ministry confirms a first case of Ebola, making it the fifth West African country now affected by the outbreak.
- China warns of Hong Kong 'meddling' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 10:35:29 GMT
- China warns foreign countries against "meddling" in Hong Kong's politics ahead of a crucial announcement on the territory's election process.
- Italian and Pole get top EU jobs Sat, 30 Aug 2014 18:17:37 GMT
- EU leaders appoint Italy's Federica Mogherini as EU foreign policy chief and Poland's Donald Tusk as European Council President.
- Jews 'forced' from Guatemala village Sat, 30 Aug 2014 01:38:45 GMT
- Some 230 members of an Orthodox Jewish group begin leaving a village in western Guatemala after a bitter row with the local indigenous community.
- Iran anger over new US sanctions Sat, 30 Aug 2014 14:20:31 GMT
- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani criticises new US sanctions, saying they will harm negotiations over his country's nuclear programme.
- Cold War US spy dies in prison Fri, 29 Aug 2014 21:17:59 GMT
- A former US navy sailor who led a spy ring for the Soviet Union has died in a prison medical centre at the age of 77.
- Cameron welcomes EU chief's pledge Sun, 31 Aug 2014 01:41:18 GMT
- David Cameron welcomes a commitment by Donald Tusk, the new president of the European Council, to reach a deal with the UK on EU reform.