24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"There is no remedy so easy as books, which if they do not give cheerfulness, at least restore quiet to the most troubled mind."
—Lady Mary Wortley Montagu (1689-1762) English society figure, letter writer
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:06:58 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Brazil's silent abortion dilemma Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:29:18 GMT
- Julio Carneiro looks at why so many Brazilians still oppose the legalisation of abortion, despite a series of recent deaths.
- VIDEO: Conditions hamper Volcano rescue Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:16:41 GMT
- Japanese rescue teams have spent a third day searching for survivors on Mount Ontake, trapped by Saturday's eruption.
- VIDEO: Obama woos Modi at White House Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:29:51 GMT
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is invited to the White House by President Obama after 10 years of being shunned by Washington.
- VIDEO: Why web inventor 'pays his way' online Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:11:39 GMT
- Worldwide web inventor Sir Tim Berners-Lee talks about his concerns for the internet, as he renews his call for a digital Magna Carta.
- VIDEO: False widow bite leads to amputation Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:26:11 GMT
- A woman has had her finger amputated - and told she was within hours of death - after being bitten by a false widow spider.
- Trump 'may sue' over Fred West tweet Mon, 29 Sep 2014 15:47:25 GMT
- Billionaire Donald Trump says he "may sue" the Twitter user who tricked him into retweeting an image of British serial killers Fred and Rose West.
- Eurozone inflation near five-year low Tue, 30 Sep 2014 11:11:24 GMT
- Eurozone inflation slipped again in September, with prices rising at their slowest rate in nearly five years.
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Tue, 30 Sep 2014 08:21:32 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Netflix to release full-length film Tue, 30 Sep 2014 06:51:24 GMT
- The video streaming site Netflix will release its first feature-length film in 2015, after striking a deal with the Weinstein Company.
- VIDEO: Bomb-makers tracked via sewers Tue, 30 Sep 2014 07:18:50 GMT
- New technology allows security services to analyse the contents of the sewers to discover where people are making home-made bombs.
- Chinese cinema set for record year Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:41:50 GMT
- Chinese cinema box office revenue surges 32% in the first nine months of the year, figures show.
- Morgan 'failed to wear seatbelt' Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:08:28 GMT
- 30 Rock comic Tracy Morgan was not wearing a seatbelt in a car accident that left him badly injured and another passenger dead, according to papers filed in a US court.
- New images from Flight MH370 hunt Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:24:12 GMT
- The team looking for missing flight MH370 releases detailed images of the seabed for the first time, revealing extinct volcanoes and deep depressions.
- Complex molecule discovered in space Fri, 26 Sep 2014 09:56:38 GMT
- The discovery of a branched carbon molecule 27,000 light-years from Earth suggests the building blocks of life may be ubiquitous throughout the galaxy.