24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
—John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer
- VIDEO: The most future-proof profession? Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:01:16 GMT
- BBC News talks to Ian Lowe, a blacksmith who teaches other people an ancient art he believes to be future-proof.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:38:57 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: China's museum of roast duck Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:58:25 GMT
- In 2013 China had a new museum open almost every day of the year on average, resulting in some slightly bizarre attractions
- VIDEO: Footage of powerful solar flares Mon, 01 Sep 2014 01:44:43 GMT
- The US Space Agency Nasa has released new footage showing a series of powerful solar flares.
- VIDEO: Could Horseball gain Olympic glory? Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:33:38 GMT
- Horseball, a mix of rugby and basketball, was invented in France in the 1970s, and now there are attempts to get it into the Olympics, as the BBC's Ollie Williams reports.
- VIDEO: 'Hero' cat saves owner from fire Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:16:32 GMT
- A tabby cat has been hailed a hero after she woke up her owner to alert him to a fire which destroyed his home in Melbourne, Australia.
- Brain 'can learn to eat healthily' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:53:44 GMT
- The brain can be trained to prefer healthy food over unhealthy high-calorie foods, suggests a study from the US.
- Thieving monkey hands out money Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:20:01 GMT
- A monkey in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh steals money from a home and rains down banknotes on people, reports say.
- Swiss economy stalls as EU slows Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:35:03 GMT
- Switzerland's economy failed to grow in the second quarter of the year, official figures show, with trade affected by stagnation in the rest of Europe.
- Halliburton agrees oil spill deal Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:42:30 GMT
- US oilfield firm Halliburton says it has agreed a $1.1bn settlement to meet the majority of claims against it for its role in the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
- Uber banned across Germany by court Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:57:12 GMT
- A court says the UberPop service must stop transporting passengers in Germany, but the American company refuses to suspend work.
- Google 'discourages' old browser use Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:28:47 GMT
- Google has started showing old versions of its search page to people using out-of-date versions of web browsers.
- MPs quiz police chief over Sir Cliff Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:51:30 GMT
- South Yorkshire Chief Constable David Crompton is appearing before MPs to answer questions about a search of Sir Cliff Richard's house.
- McDormand picks up Venice award Tue, 02 Sep 2014 08:49:42 GMT
- Oscar-winning actress Frances McDormand is honoured with the visionary talent award at the Venice Film Festival.
- Africa's farmers face failed seasons Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:12:35 GMT
- African farmers face 'failed seasons' risk as a result of being overwhelmed by climate change, warns a status report on the continent's agriculture.