"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them."
—Ray Douglas Bradbury (b. 1920) American writer of science fiction
- SAP in autism recruitment drive Wed, 22 May 2013 08:00:05 GMT
- German software company SAP says it hopes to recruit hundreds of people with autism, saying they have a unique talent for information technology.
- Gandhi's will and sandals auctioned Tue, 21 May 2013 17:24:33 GMT
- Mahatma Gandhi's last will and testament sells for more than £50,000 as dozens of Gandhi memorabilia is sold at auction.
- VIDEO: An orchestra walks into a bar... Tue, 21 May 2013 23:06:36 GMT
- The Cleveland Orchestra realised long ago that it needed to attract new customers in order to survive.
- VIDEO: South Africa's growing prosperity Wed, 22 May 2013 06:21:23 GMT
- Andrew Harding looks at an example of economic change at a shopping mall in the township of Alexandra.
- VIDEO: Cuba reopens sugar mills Wed, 22 May 2013 06:29:53 GMT
- Cuba is reopening some of its mothballed sugar mills to try to take advantage of rising sugar prices.
- VIDEO: Singapore's ethical jewellery outlet Wed, 22 May 2013 10:26:38 GMT
- Design Up Asia is a hand-made jewellery business with a difference - its products are sold online but many of its staff are women who work from home.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 22 May 2013 09:51:30 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- AUDIO: Ray Manzarek 'a stellar musician' Tue, 21 May 2013 10:54:50 GMT
- Former Rolling Stone editor Ben Fong-Torres pays tribute to his friend, The Doors keyboardist, Ray Manzarek, who has died aged 74 after a long battle with cancer.
- VIDEO: All mod cons in Ghana's building boom Tue, 21 May 2013 10:06:08 GMT
- Ghana's fast growing economy is experiencing a building boom - the BBC's George Alagiah takes a tour of a new luxury apartment in Accra.
- VIDEO: Afghans discouraged from inter-marrying Tue, 21 May 2013 19:41:41 GMT
- Afghan authorities want to discourage the practice of inter-family marriages as the children of such couplings can sometimes have serious health issues.
- VIDEO: Will Israel bomb Iran? Mon, 20 May 2013 23:28:31 GMT
- Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen explores what might happen if Iran continues with its nuclear programme.
- Sony to discuss spin-off suggestion Wed, 22 May 2013 10:07:21 GMT
- Sony says it will consider a proposal from one of its biggest shareholders that it should spin off up to 20% of its entertainment business.
- IMF: UK austerity 'drag on growth' Wed, 22 May 2013 11:33:36 GMT
- The UK's planned austerity measures will be a drag on economic growth, the International Monetary Fund has warned.
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One console Tue, 21 May 2013 20:35:39 GMT
- Microsoft unveils the third generation of its video games console in an event at its headquarters at Redmond, Washington.
- Flickr revamp revealed by Yahoo Tue, 21 May 2013 12:31:30 GMT
- Yahoo revamps its Flickr photo-sharing service, offering users up to 1TB of storage if they accept adverts.