24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"There is no remedy so easy as books, which if they do not give cheerfulness, at least restore quiet to the most troubled mind."
—Lady Mary Wortley Montagu (1689-1762) English society figure, letter writer
- VIDEO: Obama: We must stop sexual assault Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:36:05 GMT
- US President Barack Obama launches the new 'It's on Us' campaign, which aims to prevent sexual assault at American universities.
- VIDEO: California 'King fire' doubles in size Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:31:41 GMT
- Thousands of people have been forced to leave their homes in northern California after a wildfire burning out of control doubled in size in just 12 hours.
- VIDEO: French launch first strikes on IS Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:00:52 GMT
- French fighter jets have launched their first air strikes against Islamic State in northern Iraq as Kurds in northern Syria flee attacks by IS militants.
- VIDEO: Apple fans queue for new iPhone 6 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:30:53 GMT
- Apple's new gadget the iPhone 6 has gone on sale around the world - but many customers have been queuing for days to get their hands on the new device
- VIDEO: First buyer drops brand-new iPhone 6 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:15:41 GMT
- The first person to buy the iPhone 6 in Perth, Australia, dropped his new gadget during an interview with a TV reporter.
- Baby giraffe: 'It's a girl' Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:30:41 GMT
- Belfast Zoo has revealed a baby giraffe born in front of surprised visitors at the animal enclosure is a girl.
- GSK fined $490m by China for bribery Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:28:01 GMT
- China fines UK pharmaceuticals firm GlaxoSmithKline $490m (£297m) for bribery and its former head of Chinese operations is given a suspended jail sentence.
- Shares rise in London on 'No' vote Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:05:06 GMT
- Shares rise in London after Scotland rejects independence, as a rally in the pound fades.
- eBay flaw has existed for months Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:38:46 GMT
- A dangerous flaw that has exposed eBay customers to malicious websites has been affecting the site since at least February, the BBC has found.
- Google, Apple to encrypt by default Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:55:04 GMT
- Google and Apple commit to encrypting users' data by default, to protect against hackers and the requests of law enforcement agencies.
- Spacey stalker given four years Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:49:24 GMT
- A woman who engaged in a "persistent and malevolent" cyberstalking campaign against actor Kevin Spacey has been sentenced to more than four years in prison.
- Artist wins top painting prize at 80 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:18:16 GMT
- Artist Rose Wylie wins the John Moores Painting Prize, one of the UK's most prestigious art awards, at the age of 80.
- 'Artificial eye' to detect particles Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:12:25 GMT
- The human eye has inspired physicists to create a processor that can analyse particle collisions 400 times faster than currently possible.
- Forest land rights need global focus Fri, 19 Sep 2014 00:21:47 GMT
- Recognising the land rights of local people could provide cost-effective protection for many of the world's tropical forests, a report says.
- Sierra Leone begins Ebola lockdown Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:58:32 GMT
- A three-day curfew is under way in Sierra Leone to enable health workers to find and isolate cases of Ebola, but critics warn it will achieve little.