24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- Salmond to go after Scotland No vote Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:47:11 GMT
- Alex Salmond is to step down as first minister of Scotland and Scottish National Party leader after voters rejected independence in Thursday's referendum.
- French launch first strikes on IS Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:30:36 GMT
- President Hollande says France has carried out its first air strikes against IS militants in Iraq, joining the US in military action against the group.
- Sarkozy announces return to politics Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:47:06 GMT
- French ex-President Nicolas Sarkozy returns to politics, announcing on his Facebook page that he will seek the leadership of main centre-right party.
- Alibaba shares surge on NY debut Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:51:19 GMT
- Alibaba's shares open significantly above their initial price on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday, a sign of the excitement surrounding the Chinese internet giant.
- Sierra Leone begins Ebola lockdown Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:58:32 GMT
- A three-day curfew is underway in Sierra Leone to enable health workers to find and isolate cases of Ebola, but critics warn it will achieve little.
- Guilty plea in US embassy bombings Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:14:51 GMT
- An Egyptian man accused of helping to plan the 1998 bombings of US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania pleads guilty in a New York court.
- GSK fined $490m by China for bribery Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:28:01 GMT
- China fines UK pharmaceuticals firm GlaxoSmithKline $490m for bribery and gives a suspended jail sentence to its China head.
- Google, Apple to encrypt by default Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:55:04 GMT
- Google and Apple commit to encrypting users' data by default, to protect against hackers and the requests of law enforcement agencies.
- Iran Happy dancers given 91 lashes Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:14:36 GMT
- Six Iranians arrested for filming a video tribute to Pharrell Williams' song Happy are sentenced to 91 lashes and jail terms, their lawyer says.
- eBay flaw has existed for months Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:38:46 GMT
- A dangerous flaw that has exposed eBay customers to malicious websites has been affecting the site since at least February, the BBC has found.
- Ukraine exits next year's Eurovision Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:32:38 GMT
- Ukraine announces it will not take part in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest due to financial constraints.
- VIDEO: Fancy a look inside Downing Street? Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:51:56 GMT
- Some Westminster landmarks normally closed to the public, including Downing Street, will be open this weekend.
- VIDEO: California 'King fire' doubles in size Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:31:41 GMT
- Thousands of people have been forced to leave their homes in northern California after a wildfire burning out of control doubled in size in just 12 hours.
- VIDEO: US jet in emergency landing Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:12:04 GMT
- A JetBlue airlines A-320 flying over California has been forced to make an emergency landing when an engine problem caused smoke to enter the aircraft's cabin.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:05:45 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.