24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"If you will protest courageously, and yet with dignity and Christian love, when the history books are written in future generations, the historians will have to pause and say, There lived a great people-a black people-who injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization."
—Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-68) African-American reverend, civil rights leader
- Ukraine troops abandon key airport Mon, 01 Sep 2014 10:03:30 GMT
- Ukrainian troops abandon the airport of Luhansk after clashes with pro-Russian rebels, ahead of negotiations on the crisis.
- Ashya parents in extradition hearing Mon, 01 Sep 2014 10:45:27 GMT
- The parents of a five-year-old British boy who was taken from hospital against medical advice arrive at Spain's High Court for an extradition hearing.
- Mexico probes mass fish death in lake Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:40:48 GMT
- Tonnes of dead fish have been washed up on the shores of Cajititlan lake in the Mexican state of Jalisco amid a row over the cause of the mortality.
- Troops return Pakistan TV to air Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:27:46 GMT
- Pakistan's national television channel is back on air after security forces remove anti-government protesters from its headquarters in Islamabad.
- Poland commemorates WW2 invasion Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:35:44 GMT
- Poland marks the 75th anniversary of the Nazi invasion that sparked World War Two, with a wreath-laying ceremony.
- Official heckled amid HK poll anger Mon, 01 Sep 2014 07:24:23 GMT
- Hong Kong pro-democracy activists disrupt a speech by a Beijing official, a day after China ruled out a direct leadership election in 2017.
- Man held over New Zealand killings Mon, 01 Sep 2014 06:29:56 GMT
- Police in New Zealand detain a man suspected of shooting two people dead and injuring a third at an unemployment office.
- Cameron to set out anti-terror plans Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:07:32 GMT
- Negotiations between Conservatives and Lib Dems are continuing ahead of the unveiling of a new plan to tackle the threat of Islamist extremists.
- Seven dead in Paris flats explosion Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:39:54 GMT
- A seventh body is recovered after a residential block of flats in Paris was destroyed by an explosion linked to gas and electricity cabling work.
- Lesotho march cancelled after 'coup' Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:37:34 GMT
- A demonstration by opponents of Lesotho Prime Minister Thomas Thabane is called off after he fled, saying the military wanted to oust him.
- Greenhouse gas fear over meat eating Mon, 01 Sep 2014 03:56:06 GMT
- New research estimates greenhouse gases from food production will go up 80% if meat and dairy consumption continues to rise at its current rate.
- Naked photos of celebrities leaked Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:50:51 GMT
- Naked pictures of celebrities including Jennifer Lawrence are posted online but some stars claim the photos are fake.
- VIDEO: 'Emotional journey' WW1 cavalry ride Mon, 01 Sep 2014 04:43:48 GMT
- A musician from the Household Division tells the BBC about the riding the route taken by a British cavalry unit who held the line against the German advance early in World War One.
- VIDEO: Greenhouse gas fear over meat production Mon, 01 Sep 2014 06:41:26 GMT
- Global consumption of meat needs to fall to ensure future demand for food can be met and to help protect the environment, a study says.
- VIDEO: Eat, sleep, code: Ten-year-old's routine Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:18:08 GMT
- Max started writing code when he was six. He told BBC News why he thought more children being taught how to program in schools was a good idea.