24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"To my daughter Leonora without whose never failing sympathy and encouragement this book would have been completed in half the time."
—P. G. Wodehouse
- One dead in SpaceShipTwo test crash Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:08:00 GMT
- At least one person is dead and another injured after Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo space tourism craft crashed in a California desert, the California Highway Patrol has said.
- Burkina Faso's president resigns Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:49:39 GMT
- Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaore resigns following violent protests, with army chief Honore Traore taking over as head of state.
- UN chief defends Ebola aid workers Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:31:36 GMT
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon says discrimination against humanitarian workers who return home from the Ebola crisis in West Africa is "unacceptable".
- China makes 'biggest cash haul' Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:53:19 GMT
- Anti-corruption investigators in China confirm the finding of the equivalent of $33m in cash at an official's home - the biggest such haul to date.
- Meyiwa suspect in court in S Africa Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:13:16 GMT
- A suspect appears in court in South Africa over the killing of national football captain Senzo Meyiwa during an alleged robbery.
- Jeers for accused US police killer Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:58:26 GMT
- Local residents jeer and shout abuse at a Pennsylvania man accused of killing a police officer and eluding authorities on a weeks-long manhunt.
- Lawsuit over Malaysia missing plane Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:40:12 GMT
- Two children whose father was on Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 which disappeared file a lawsuit against the airline and Malaysia's government.
- Key Jerusalem holy site reopens Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:34:49 GMT
- Israel reopens a key Jerusalem holy site after its temporary closure following the shooting of a prominent Jewish activist.
- IPCC debates 'most important' report Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:34:14 GMT
- Scientists and government officials are meeting in Copenhagen to edit a report on the causes, impact and solutions to global warming.
- Hungary scraps controversial web tax Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:57:00 GMT
- Hungary shelves a proposed tax on internet data traffic after tens of thousands of Hungarians marched against it.
- BOJ boosts monetary stimulus measure Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:34:29 GMT
- Japan's central bank, the Bank of Japan, surprises markets by announcing an expansion of its monetary stimulus policy.
- Harris loses conviction appeal bid Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:38:29 GMT
- Entertainer Rolf Harris loses the first round of a legal challenge against his conviction for indecent assaults.
- VIDEO: Baby pandas wrestle with their keeper Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:23:55 GMT
- A breeder in China's Chendgu province was trying to give these two baby pandas medicine instead of their usual bamboo leaves- and they were having none of it.
- VIDEO: Lab for world’s worst animal viruses Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:10:15 GMT
- A look around a new lab at Pirbright Institute in Surrey, where the world’s most contagious livestock viruses will be kept.
- VIDEO: Prototype flying car shown off Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:18:17 GMT
- BBC Click looks at some of the week's technology highlights, including a flying car and electric rollerskates.