24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"For me it is sufficient to have a corner by my hearth, a book and a friend, and a nap undisturbed by creditors or grief."
—Fernandez de Andrada
- More than 3m have fled Syria - UN Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:57:33 GMT
- The UN says Syria is now "the biggest humanitarian emergency of our era" with more than three million Syrians living outside the country as refugees.
- Obama: Russia causing Ukraine crisis Fri, 29 Aug 2014 01:08:12 GMT
- US President Barack Obama accuses Russia of being responsible for the violence in eastern Ukraine, as Nato prepares to hold an emergency meeting.
- Iceland eruption triggers red alert Fri, 29 Aug 2014 05:16:22 GMT
- The Icelandic Met Office raises its aviation warning level near the Bardarbunga volcano to red after an eruption began overnight.
- No charges in US accidental shooting Fri, 29 Aug 2014 05:10:00 GMT
- Officials say there will be no charges following an incident in which a nine-year-old girl fatally shot a gun range instructor.
- IS militants 'behead Kurdish man' Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:26:27 GMT
- The Islamic State group releases a video appearing to show militants killing a Kurdish man as a warning to forces fighting it in northern Iraq.
- Pakistan army to mediate in protest Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:51:27 GMT
- Pakistan's powerful army chief to mediate in deadlock between PM and two opposition figures leading huge anti-government rallies in Islamabad.
- Ebola Africa travel bans to be axed Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:05:07 GMT
- West African health ministers meeting in Ghana follow WHO advice and lift travel restrictions on countries affected by the Ebola outbreak.
- 'Dead' Indian activist found alive Fri, 29 Aug 2014 04:20:34 GMT
- An Indian activist thought to have died in a car fire is found alive in Bangalore and accused by police of faking his death over a woman.
- Google trials drone deliveries Thu, 28 Aug 2014 22:00:23 GMT
- Google reveals it has built and tested its own drones as part of a plan to make automated deliveries to remote homes as well as disaster-hit zones.
- Nigeria launches electronic ID cards Thu, 28 Aug 2014 18:45:51 GMT
- Nigeria's President Goodluck Jonathan formally launches a national electronic identity card, which can also be used to make payments.
- Historic Afghan minaret 'threatened' Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:21:54 GMT
- One of Afghanistan's architectural marvels, the minaret of Jam in Ghor province, is in danger of collapse, officials tell the BBC.
- Indian elephant creates own art Fri, 29 Aug 2014 05:08:43 GMT
- Paintings by an Indian elephant go on sale at a gallery in the capital, Delhi, to help raise money to protect the endangered animals.
- VIDEO: Police seize gamer during live broadcast Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:22:53 GMT
- A video gamer in Denver was dramatically involved in a raid by armed police acting on an assumed hoax call - and the incident was broadcast live online.
- VIDEO: Song of a four-storey 'earth harp' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:31:30 GMT
- William Close is the inventor of the 'Earth Harp', a musical instrument which makes use of the architecture around it to create its sound.
- VIDEO: Millionaires search Med for migrants Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:02:35 GMT
- A philanthropist couple have launched what they say is the world's first privately funded boat to help migrants in trouble at sea.