24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but how many can get through to you."
—Mortimer Adler (b. 1902) American philosopher, educator, How to Read a Book
- Ukraine rebels to get self-rule Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:19:05 GMT
- Ukrainian MPs adopt a law granting special status to parts of eastern regions held by pro-Russian rebels and an amnesty for rebel fighters.
- UN calls for $1bn to fight Ebola Tue, 16 Sep 2014 13:36:45 GMT
- The UN says it needs $1bn to fight the West Africa Ebola outbreak, described as "unparalleled in modern times".
- Campaigns seize on Scotland pledge Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:48:33 GMT
- The pro-independence camp in Scotland calls a devolution pledge by the main UK parties an "insult" while pro-union campaigners hail it as a "vision".
- US advisers 'may join attacks on IS' Tue, 16 Sep 2014 15:02:19 GMT
- US military advisers could accompany Iraqi forces in attacks against Islamic State militants, top US general Martin Dempsey says.
- Rob Ford says he is 'pretty sick' Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:18:27 GMT
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford tells a columnist he is feeling "pretty sick" in hospital as he undergoes testing for tumours in his abdomen and lungs.
- French PM faces confidence vote Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:16:36 GMT
- Prime Minister Manuel Valls will try to persuade France's National Assembly to back his deeply unpopular government, in a key vote of confidence.
- CCTV released in Thai murder hunt Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:23:25 GMT
- Police hunting for suspects of the murder of two Britons in Thailand release CCTV images as the victims' families pay tribute.
- Climate change remedies 'affordable' Tue, 16 Sep 2014 05:57:55 GMT
- A global commission says the extra costs of tackling climate change will be 'modest', but doing nothing could put the world economy at risk.
- Deadly shooting at Copenhagen court Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:53:16 GMT
- One person has been shot dead and another wounded at a court building in Copenhagen, Danish police say.
- Nato troops killed in Kabul bombing Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:43:23 GMT
- A Taliban suicide car bomber attacks a foreign military convoy in the Afghan capital, Kabul, killing three Nato personnel and injuring at least 16 civilians.
- Thai woman in crocodile pit suicide Tue, 16 Sep 2014 10:15:19 GMT
- A 65-year-old woman from Bangkok has killed herself by jumping into a pit of crocodiles at a reptile farm, police say.
- Rio archbishop robbed for crucifix Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:02:51 GMT
- Armed robbers steal the archbishop of Rio de Janeiro's crucifix, even though one of the gang recognised him and apologised.
- VIDEO: Hurricane Odile stuns Mexico resorts Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:10:26 GMT
- Hurricane Odile causes devastation in the beach resorts of Mexico's Baja California peninsula, triggering looting in some areas.
- VIDEO: Kashmir floods leave thousands stranded Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:55:34 GMT
- Thousands of people are still thought to be stranded in Indian administered Kashmir nearly two weeks after devastating floods there.
- VIDEO: Dr Edhi: A life helping Pakistan's poor Tue, 16 Sep 2014 01:06:37 GMT
- Sixty years ago, Abdul Sattar Edhi gave up everything to start a charitable organisation, dedicated to improving the lives of the poor in Pakistan.