24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"No book has yet been written in praise of a woman who let her husband and children starve or suffer while she invented even the most useful things, or wrote books, or expressed herself in art, or evolved philosophic systems."
—Anna Garlin Spencer
- State of emergency in Burkina Faso Thu, 30 Oct 2014 18:08:21 GMT
- Burkina Faso's president declares a state of emergency amid violent protests at his bid to extend his 27-year rule.
- Abbas warning over holy site closure Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:49:32 GMT
- The Palestinian leader's spokesman calls the closure of a disputed Jerusalem holy site after the shooting of a Jewish activist a "declaration of war".
- Apple chief: 'I'm proud to be gay' Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:24:03 GMT
- Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly acknowledged his sexuality, saying he wants to try to help people struggling with their identity.
- US nurse defies Ebola quarantine Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:22:46 GMT
- A US nurse who returned from treating patients in Sierra Leone defies a voluntary quarantine order, leaving her house in Maine for a bike ride.
- Drones buzz French nuclear plants Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:45:15 GMT
- An investigation begins after France's state-owned EDF power company says unidentified drones have flown over seven of its nuclear plants.
- Iraqi Kurd fighters 'enter Kobane' Thu, 30 Oct 2014 14:58:45 GMT
- An advance party of 10 Iraqi Kurd fighters have entered the Syrian border town of Kobane to join the battle against Islamic State militants, activists say.
- Prison for S Korea bullying soldiers Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:07:32 GMT
- A military court in South Korea gives prison sentences ranging from 25 to 45 years to four soldiers involved in the death of a junior soldier.
- German motorway shooter sentenced Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:39:50 GMT
- A German lorry driver who carried out hundreds of shootings on the country's motorways has been jailed for more than 10 years.
- Polanski freed after US arrest bid Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:40:23 GMT
- US attempts to have director Roman Polanski arrested for sex offences while visiting Poland fail.
- Pirate Bay founder faces jail term Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:52:50 GMT
- Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Warg could face a lengthy prison sentence after being found guilty of hacking into Danish computers.
- Four dead in Kansas airport crash Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:42:42 GMT
- At least four people were killed and five injured when a small plane crashed into an airport building in Wichita, Kansas, officials say.
- IPCC debates 'most important' report Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:34:14 GMT
- Scientists and government officials are meeting in Copenhagen to edit a report on the causes, impact and solutions to global warming.
- VIDEO: Chinese Hollywood builds Forbidden City Thu, 30 Oct 2014 09:53:21 GMT
- Hengdian, a small town on the east coast of China, has become the setting for one of the largest outdoor movie studios in the world.
- VIDEO: Newly-lit Sistine Chapel is unveiled Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:56:15 GMT
- The Vatican has unveiled a new hi-tech LED lighting system for the Sistine Chapel in Rome.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:39:33 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.