24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"Let us welcome controversial books and controversial authors."
—John Fitzgerald Kennedy (1917-63) 35th US President, Democrat, politician
- Scottish independence: Decision day Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:43:45 GMT
- People in Scotland will vote later on whether the country should stay in the UK or become an independent nation.
- Australia raids over killing plot Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:45:50 GMT
- Australian police launch anti-terror raids after a call from a senior Islamic State militant for "demonstration killings", PM Tony Abbott says.
- US House approves Obama Syria plan Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:47:05 GMT
- The US House of Representatives approves President Barack Obama's plan to train and arm the moderate Syrian opposition taking on Islamic State.
- Ukraine president in key US visit Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:23:01 GMT
- Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is beginning a key visit to the US to seek further support to tackle what he describes as Russian aggression.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has cancer Wed, 17 Sep 2014 22:14:02 GMT
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has been diagnosed with a "fairly aggressive" rare cancer, doctors treating him say.
- NFL rocked by new violence arrest Thu, 18 Sep 2014 01:41:31 GMT
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer is arrested on suspicion of domestic violence, police say, the latest such incident to rock the NFL.
- Muslim call for release of hostage Thu, 18 Sep 2014 01:30:16 GMT
- British Muslim leaders call for the immediate release of Alan Henning, the UK hostage threatened with death by Islamic State extremists in Syria.
- Fiji coup leader ahead in poll Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:47:30 GMT
- Fiji's former military leader, Frank Bainimarama, looks on course to win a majority in the first polls in the island nation in eight years.
- Ebola can 'ruin W Africa economies' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:38:39 GMT
- The Ebola outbreak could have a catastrophic economic impact on three West African countries, the World Bank says.
- US Fed to end stimulus in October Wed, 17 Sep 2014 19:38:42 GMT
- The US Federal Reserve says it will raise interest rates once a "considerable time" has passed after its stimulus programme ends in October.
- Argentina tries 'baby theft' doctors Thu, 18 Sep 2014 01:06:44 GMT
- Medical staff go on trial in Argentina charged with kidnapping babies born in captivity to left-wing prisoners during military rule.
- Hiroshima artworks to go on show Thu, 18 Sep 2014 00:24:20 GMT
- Powerful and disturbing paintings by survivors of the 1945 atomic bomb in Hiroshima are to go on show outside Japan for the first time.
- VIDEO: Somali PM: 'Al-Shabab amnesty working' Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:06:51 GMT
- Somalia's prime minister says members of the Somali militant Islamist group al-Shabab are responding to a government amnesty and have defected from the organisation.
- VIDEO: War ammo found in residential garage Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:05:42 GMT
- Munitions and other artefacts from World War One and World War Two have been found during a raid on a residential garage in St Albans, Hertfordshire.
- VIDEO: Politician recovering after bin stunt Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:10:43 GMT
- A politician has told Ukrainian TV he needs to recover "morally, physically and psychologically" after being dumped in a rubbish bin.