24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"In politics I am growing indifferent -- I would like it, if I could now return to my planting and books at home."
- EU sets Russia sanctions ultimatum Sun, 31 Aug 2014 02:39:39 GMT
- The EU gives Russia one week to reverse course in Ukraine or face new sanctions, as Ukraine's leader talks of the "point of no return".
- US planes drop aid to Iraq's Amerli Sun, 31 Aug 2014 02:09:52 GMT
- US planes have made air drops and carried out strikes against Islamic State positions around the besieged northern Iraqi town of Amerli.
- Philippine troops in Syria rescued Sun, 31 Aug 2014 01:32:03 GMT
- Thirty-two Philippine peacekeepers trapped by rebels in the Syrian Golan Heights are rescued, and another 40 escape, but 44 Fijians are held hostage.
- Anti-PM clashes continue in Pakistan Sun, 31 Aug 2014 03:54:36 GMT
- Clashes are continuing in Pakistan between police and protesters demanding the resignation of PM Nawaz Shairf, with 300 reported injured.
- First openly gay NFL player dropped Sat, 30 Aug 2014 21:03:24 GMT
- Michael Sam, the first openly gay player drafted into the National Football League, fails to make the final roster for the St Louis Rams.
- Lesotho PM flees 'military coup' Sat, 30 Aug 2014 14:53:50 GMT
- Lesotho's prime minister crosses into South Africa, accusing Lesotho's army of staging a coup and telling the BBC his life is in danger.
- El Salvador gangs re-launch truce Sat, 30 Aug 2014 19:45:45 GMT
- Leaders of five of El Salvador's powerful gangs say they will stop attacking police and military in a bid to re-launch a gang truce agreed two years ago.
- Man charged over Galloway assault Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:40:37 GMT
- A man is charged with religiously-aggravated assault after MP George Galloway was attacked in a west London street.
- Iran anger over new US sanctions Sat, 30 Aug 2014 14:20:31 GMT
- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani criticises new US sanctions, saying they will harm negotiations over his country's nuclear programme.
- Missing Ashya King found in Spain Sun, 31 Aug 2014 00:10:36 GMT
- A five-year-old boy with a brain tumour whose parents removed him from hospital against medical advice has been found, police confirm.
- Fairhead to be BBC Trust chairwoman Sun, 31 Aug 2014 03:37:32 GMT
- Rona Fairhead, former head of the Financial Times Group, is to become the first woman to chair the BBC Trust, replacing Lord Patten in the role.
- VIDEO: Long queues to leave Mariupol Sat, 30 Aug 2014 11:01:47 GMT
- The Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is in Brussels to discuss the ongoing crisis in his country with EU leaders.
- VIDEO: Song of a four-storey 'earth harp' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 00:31:30 GMT
- William Close is the inventor of the 'Earth Harp', a musical instrument which makes use of the architecture around it to create its sound.
- VIDEO: Brazil dismantles Amazon 'destroyers' Fri, 29 Aug 2014 03:22:05 GMT
- Police in northern Brazil say they are in the process of dismantling one of the country's biggest environmental criminal gangs.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sun, 31 Aug 2014 00:47:01 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.