24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"When you read a classic you do not see in the book more than you did before. You see more in you than there was before."
—Clifton Paul Fadiman (b. 1904) American writer, editor
- IS accused of Syria mass atrocities Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:54:38 GMT
- The UN accuses IS militants of war crimes, and the Syrian government of using chemical agents in eight separate incidents in a new report.
- Ukraine rebels enter coastal town Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:43:16 GMT
- Pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine push their way into the port of Novoazovsk, threatening to open up a new front in the war.
- US girl, nine, kills gun instructor Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:43:24 GMT
- A nine-year-old girl kills her shooting instructor by accident while being shown how to use an Uzi submachine gun at a firing range in Arizona.
- Nigeria closes schools over Ebola Wed, 27 Aug 2014 14:44:14 GMT
- Nigerian schools are ordered to remain shut, delaying the new academic year until 13 October as part of measures to prevent the spread of Ebola.
- France's jobless total rises again Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:11:57 GMT
- The number of people looking for work in France rises 0.8% in July, confirming a trend of high unemployment and slow growth.
- IMF's Lagarde under investigation Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:46:19 GMT
- IMF head Christine Lagarde says she has been placed under formal investigation for negligence in a French fraud case but has not been charged.
- Call for Facebook beheadings rethink Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:52:16 GMT
- Controversial beheading photo posts from Syria spur one of Facebook's safety advisers to call for pictures to have warnings.
- US F-15 jet crashes in Virginia Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:40:57 GMT
- Military officials confirm that a Massachusetts Air National Guard F-15 went down in a rural area in western Virginia but the status of the pilot is unknown.
- Afghan election audit restarts Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:57:58 GMT
- An audit of votes from Afghanistan's disputed presidential election restarts, but without observers from the camps of either candidate.
- McDonald's in Moscow court appeal Wed, 27 Aug 2014 16:17:54 GMT
- McDonald's says it will appeal against a court ruling in Moscow ordering the closure for 90 days of four of its Russian outlets.
- Snapchat valued at $10bn by backers Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:24:36 GMT
- The mobile messaging app Snapchat has been valued at $10bn, according to reports, putting it in the same league as start-ups such as Dropbox and AirBnB.
- Girl survives being buried alive Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:25:15 GMT
- Police in northern India are hunting for the relatives of a seven-year-old girl who was buried alive but rescued from her grave by a villager.
- VIDEO: Eighty years married and still in love Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:12:14 GMT
- A couple who met in 1928 are celebrating their 80th wedding anniversary today and tell the BBC why they're still in love.
- VIDEO: India's iconic Ambassador car Tue, 26 Aug 2014 23:53:34 GMT
- Sanjoy Majumder reports on the passing of one of India's best known and trusted icons, the Ambassador.
- VIDEO: Cheryl and Cowell back to take on Strictly Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:30:18 GMT
- The new series of the X Factor is back on television screens from Saturday. Colin Paterson looks at the new judging line-up and the future of the show