24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"The only words that ever satisfied me as describing Nature are the terms used in fairy books, charm, spell, enchantment. They express the arbitrariness of the fact and its mystery."
—Gilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936) British writer, critic
- Burkina Faso crowds back on streets Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:32:03 GMT
- Hundreds of people in Burkina Faso gather for a second day to demand the president step down immediately, after he says he will stay on for a year.
- Key Jerusalem holy site reopens Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:56:12 GMT
- Israel reopens a key Jerusalem holy site after its temporary closure following the shooting of a prominent Jewish activist.
- Lawsuit over Malaysia missing plane Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:40:12 GMT
- Two children whose father was on Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 which disappeared file a lawsuit against the airline and Malaysia's government.
- Charity warns US on Ebola quarantine Fri, 31 Oct 2014 04:51:34 GMT
- Charity Doctors Without Borders warns some mandatory US state Ebola quarantine measures are having a "chilling effect" on its work.
- Russia-Ukraine deal secures EU gas Fri, 31 Oct 2014 01:08:33 GMT
- Russia will resume gas deliveries to Ukraine this winter in a deal brokered by the European Union, which will also safeguard supplies to EU countries.
- IPCC debates 'most important' report Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:34:14 GMT
- Scientists and government officials are meeting in Copenhagen to edit a report on the causes, impact and solutions to global warming.
- Myanmar in rare multi-party talks Fri, 31 Oct 2014 07:20:20 GMT
- Myanmar's president is holding rare roundtable talks with the opposition, military and ethnic groups, as the US calls for "credible" elections next year.
- US police killing suspect captured Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:26:50 GMT
- A US man who has eluded police in the forests of Pennsylvania for seven weeks after the fatal shooting of a police officer has been found.
- Hungary scraps controversial web tax Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:58:24 GMT
- Hungary shelves a proposed tax on internet data traffic after tens of thousands of Hungarians marched against it.
- Nikkei leads Asia up after BOJ move Fri, 31 Oct 2014 06:53:22 GMT
- Japan led Asian shares higher after the Bank of Japan (BOJ) surprised markets by announcing more stimulus measures to boost the economy.
- Four dead in Kansas airport crash Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:45:27 GMT
- At least four people were killed and five injured when a small plane crashed into an airport building in Wichita, Kansas, officials say.
- Australia ends sanctions on Fiji Fri, 31 Oct 2014 04:23:14 GMT
- Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says she is committed to "normalising" relations between Australia and Fiji after the nation's elections last month.
- VIDEO: Lab for world’s worst animal viruses Fri, 31 Oct 2014 00:10:15 GMT
- A look around a new lab at Pirbright Institute in Surrey, where the world’s most contagious livestock viruses will be kept.
- VIDEO: The dancers who light up the stage Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:12:14 GMT
- The Japanese dance group using wearable technology to lighten up their act.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Fri, 31 Oct 2014 05:40:01 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.