24/7 Reference help
Text 970-497-2131 and enter TOV as the first three characters of the text, then type your question.
or chat below
"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but how many can get through to you."
—Mortimer Adler (b. 1902) American philosopher, educator, How to Read a Book
- More Americans Favor Mixing Religion And Politics, Survey Says Tue, 23 Sep 2014 11:36:04 -0400
- The poll by Pew's Religion & Public Life Project also shows that three-quarters of survey participants believe religion's influence on American life is waning.
- Your Guide To Dining From The Dump Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:49:28 -0400
- Maximus Thaler really puts his money (or at least, his morals) where his mouth is when it comes to food waste. He's a dumpster diver. And he's happy to share tips for foraging from trash bins safely.
- Obama: Coalition Against ISIS Shows 'This Is Not America's Fight Alone' Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:43:00 -0400
- The president praised the five Arab nations that joined in airstrikes against extremists in Syria and said it should be clear that there are "no safe havens" for those who threaten America.
- Airstrikes Move To Syria, Target More Than Just ISIS Tue, 23 Sep 2014 07:48:00 -0400
- The strikes, supported by five Arab nations, are a major escalation in the campaign and hit other extremist groups, including one that the Pentagon says is planning to attack U.S. interests.
- As U.N. Leaders Prepare To Meet, Many Issues Vie For Attention Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:04:00 -0400
- Multiple crises could be difficult for diplomats to make priorities with so many key issues at stake: the Ebola crisis, terrorism in the Middle East and the war in Ukraine — just to name a few.
- House Lawmakers To Hold Hearing On White House Security Issues Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:04:00 -0400
- New details are emerging about Friday's incident when a man scaled a fence and reached the White House before the Secret Service subdued him. The incident is prompting questions about lax security.
- Treasury Announces Steps To Reduce Corporate Tax Dodges Tue, 23 Sep 2014 05:04:00 -0400
- They're meant to discourage tax inversions by U.S. corporations. Inversions take place when a company merges with a foreign partner and re-incorporates overseas as a way to avoid U.S. taxes.
- Death Cuts Short The Life Of An Alzheimer's Research Volunteer Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:34:00 -0400
- Justin McCowan wanted to help find a cure for Alzheimer's because it's more common in people like him who have Down syndrome. He died in his sleep last week at age 40.
- As Run-Ins Rise, Police Take Crash Courses On Handling Mentally Ill Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:33:00 -0400
- As the availability of mental health services has declined, many police departments have trained Crisis Intervention Teams to respond to people with mental illness.
- Avoid The Rush! Some ERs Are Taking Appointments Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:27:00 -0400
- Nobody looks forward to sitting in the waiting room. So some hospitals are trying to improve customer satisfaction by offering online appointments. The pitch: "Wait for the ER from home."
- U.S., Allies Hit Islamic State Targets In Syria, Pentagon Says Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:38:00 -0400
- The Pentagon said it had used fighter, bomber and Tomahawk missiles during the mission launched on Monday.
- Treasury Announces New Steps To Reduce Corporate Tax Dodges Mon, 22 Sep 2014 18:28:00 -0400
- The Treasury said corporations were increasingly moving their parent companies overseas to dodge U.S. taxes. The Treasury said the practice erodes the tax base.
- Why Did Congress Kick The Can On Funding Islamic State Mission? Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:39:00 -0400
- The president got approval for his plan to train and equip Syrian opposition fighters, but lawmakers didn't approve funds to pay for it or the broader air campaign.
- Giving Chickens Bacteria ... To Keep Them Antibiotic-Free Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:11:00 -0400
- What does it take to get chickens off antibiotics? According to Perdue Farms, an added dose of the "good bacteria" known as probiotics can help crowd out the harmful microbes that make a chicken sick.
- With Dark Humor, Anger And Empathy, Women Respond To The NFL Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:00:00 -0400
- Women, who make up 45 percent of the NFL's fan base, are critical of the league's handling of domestic abuse scandals. But some still support their teams and express sympathy for the players.