"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket."
- VIDEO: What could Act Two hold? In 60 secs Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:45:10 GMT
- The stage is still set for change after the independence vote, not just in the Scotland, but the rest of the UK.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Sat, 20 Sep 2014 13:00:16 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: US jet in emergency landing Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:12:04 GMT
- A JetBlue airlines A-320 flying over California has been forced to make an emergency landing when an engine problem caused smoke to enter the aircraft's cabin.
- VIDEO: Obama: We must stop sexual assault Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:36:05 GMT
- US President Barack Obama launches the new 'It's on Us' campaign, which aims to prevent sexual assault at American universities.
- VIDEO: Hiding currency in the Dark Wallet Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:47:11 GMT
- The developer behind the new Bitcoin tech on the fears it will hide criminal activity.
- VIDEO: California 'King fire' doubles in size Fri, 19 Sep 2014 09:31:41 GMT
- Thousands of people have been forced to leave their homes in northern California after a wildfire burning out of control doubled in size in just 12 hours.
- VIDEO: Cheetah cubs unveiled in San Diego Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:00:27 GMT
- A pair of three-week-old cheetah cubs are unveiled at San Diego Zoo's Safari Park.
- VIDEO: First buyer drops brand-new iPhone 6 Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:15:41 GMT
- The first person to buy the iPhone 6 in Perth, Australia, dropped his new gadget during an interview with a TV reporter.
- Alibaba shares surge on NY debut Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:31:24 GMT
- Alibaba's shares closed significantly above their initial price on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday, a sign of the excitement surrounding the Chinese internet giant.
- Shares rise in London on 'No' vote Fri, 19 Sep 2014 16:05:06 GMT
- Shares rise in London after Scotland rejects independence, as a rally in the pound fades.
- eBay flaw has existed for months Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:38:46 GMT
- A dangerous flaw that has exposed eBay customers to malicious websites has been affecting the site since at least February, the BBC has found.
- Google, Apple to encrypt by default Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:55:04 GMT
- Google and Apple commit to encrypting users' data by default, to protect against hackers and the requests of law enforcement agencies.
- Fund celebrates WB Yeats anniversary Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:14:21 GMT
- The Irish government allocates 500,000 euros to celebrate the work of WB Yeats.
- Ukraine exits next year's Eurovision Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:32:38 GMT
- Ukraine announces it will not take part in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest due to financial constraints.
- UN chief on streets for climate deal Sun, 21 Sep 2014 01:38:56 GMT
- UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon will take part in a protest march this weekend to highlight global inaction on climate change.