"Perhaps a modern society can remain stable only by eliminating adolescence, by giving its young, from the age of ten, the skills, responsibilities, and rewards of grownups, and opportunites for action in all spheres of life. Adolescence should be a time of useful action, while book learning and scholarship should be a preoccupation of adults."
—Eric Hoffer (1902-83) American philosopher
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Wed, 03 Sep 2014 00:08:57 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Beauty queen refuses to return crown Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:13:28 GMT
- Myanmar's first ever beauty queen has refused to give back her $100,000 (£60,300) crown after being dethroned.
- VIDEO: The most future-proof profession? Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:01:16 GMT
- BBC News talks to Ian Lowe, a blacksmith who teaches other people an ancient art he believes to be future-proof.
- VIDEO: China's museum of roast duck Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:58:25 GMT
- In 2013 China had a new museum open almost every day of the year on average, resulting in some slightly bizarre attractions
- VIDEO: Footage of powerful solar flares Mon, 01 Sep 2014 01:44:43 GMT
- The US Space Agency Nasa has released new footage showing a series of powerful solar flares.
- Brain 'can learn to eat healthily' Tue, 02 Sep 2014 07:53:44 GMT
- The brain can be trained to prefer healthy food over unhealthy high-calorie foods, suggests a study from the US.
- Thieving monkey hands out money Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:20:01 GMT
- A monkey in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh steals money from a home and rains down banknotes on people, reports say.
- UK moves up global economic ranking Tue, 02 Sep 2014 23:01:17 GMT
- The UK edges up the World Economic Forum's worldwide rankings, but the group warns that the health of the global economy is at risk.
- Credit Suisse investigating traders Wed, 03 Sep 2014 01:13:35 GMT
- Credit Suisse is investigating two of its traders in London over allegations of misconduct.
- Gamers take a stand against misogyny Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:35:55 GMT
- Thousands have signed an open letter demanding change after a female video blogger received death threats.
- Uber banned across Germany by court Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:57:12 GMT
- A court says the UberPop service must stop transporting passengers in Germany, but the American company refuses to suspend work.
- Police 'incompetence' over Sir Cliff Tue, 02 Sep 2014 17:42:06 GMT
- South Yorkshire Police are accused of "sheer incompetence" by MPs in the way they dealt with the BBC over a search of Sir Cliff Richard's home.
- Justin Bieber charged with assault Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:41:13 GMT
- Canadian pop star Justin Bieber is charged with assault and dangerous driving after crashing his quad bike into a minivan.
- Monkey leaders have different brains Tue, 02 Sep 2014 18:16:48 GMT
- Neuroscientists discover that primate brains show consistent differences according social status
- Africa's farmers face failed seasons Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:12:35 GMT
- African farmers face 'failed seasons' risk as a result of being overwhelmed by climate change, warns a status report on the continent's agriculture.
Toddler Story Time
Children's Room ,
September 3, 2014
Pre School Story time
Vail Public Library,
September 3, 2014
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
September 6, 2014
Homestake at Vail HOA
Vail Public Library's Community Room,
September 7, 2014
Monday Matinee - Up
Vail Public Library Community Room,
September 8, 2014