"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
—Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] American author, humorist
- VIDEO: WW1: The Famine of Mount Lebanon Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:05:53 GMT
- As a proportion of the total population, more people died in Greater Syria than anywhere else in the world during the First World War. In Mount Lebanon a third of the population died of famine and disease.
- VIDEO: Future-gazing at TechCrunch London Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:41:54 GMT
- As the annual TechCrunch event for tech start ups comes to London for the first time, David Grossman goes to investigate.
- VIDEO: Rediscovered: Lost episodes from classic comedy Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:47:43 GMT
- Comedy fans are in for a rare treat after two lost episodes of "At Last The 1948 Show" have been uncovered.
- VIDEO: Can King Khan top Diwali box office? Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:16:31 GMT
- Farah Khan's much-anticipated new film, Happy New Year, is released for Diwali.
- US returns ancient artefacts to Peru Thu, 23 Oct 2014 22:53:28 GMT
- The US returns about 20 ancient Peruvian artefacts - some more than 1,800 years old - that had been looted from pre-Columbian graves.
- Zuckerberg's Chinese gets mixed reviews Thu, 23 Oct 2014 12:06:28 GMT
- Mark Zuckerberg chats in Chinese - to mixed reviews
- Microsoft profits fall on Nokia deal Thu, 23 Oct 2014 21:53:37 GMT
- Microsoft reports a fall in profits as a result of the cost of job cuts and its purchase of Nokia's smartphone business earlier this year but rising revenue cheers investors.
- UK told to pay £1.7bn extra to EU Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:41:37 GMT
- The UK has been told it must pay an extra £1.7bn (€2.1bn) towards the European Union's budget because the economy has performed better than expected in recent years.
- Job centres to get digital makeover Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:12:33 GMT
- Computer workstations, electronic signature pads and free wi-fi are rolling out across UK job centres.
- 'Anti-Facebook' investors dig deep Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:00:08 GMT
- A social network promising never to sell user data or incorporate advertising secures multi-million dollar backing.
- Spanish art gems head for UK town Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:39:09 GMT
- A new art gallery showing major works of art from Spain's "golden age" is to open in a former bank in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.
- Knightley to make Broadway debut Thu, 23 Oct 2014 17:06:38 GMT
- British actress Keira Knightley is to make her Broadway debut next year in Therese Raquin, a stage version of Emile Zola's classic novel.
- Science chief warns on acid oceans Fri, 24 Oct 2014 05:18:50 GMT
- The UK's chief scientist says the oceans face a serious and growing risk from man-made carbon emissions.
- North America experiences eclipse Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:09:55 GMT
- Skywatchers in North America are treated to the final eclipse of the year.
- First Ebola case in Mali confirmed Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:04:16 GMT
- Mali says a two-year-old girl - believed to have recently visited Guinea - becomes the country's first person to be infected by the deadly virus.
Red Sandstone Student
October 24, 2014
Ski and Snowboard Club Vail
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
October 25, 2014
Build a Scarecrow
October 26, 2014
October 27, 2014
Baby Story time
Vail Public Library,
October 28, 2014