"If a man writes a book, let him set down only what he knows. I have guesses enough of my own."
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832) German writer, scientist, master of poetry, drama and novel
- VIDEO: Royals' call to save wild animals Tue, 21 May 2013 13:27:58 GMT
- Prince Charles and Prince William have called for global action to save wild animals from poachers.
- AUDIO: Ray Manzarek 'a stellar musician' Tue, 21 May 2013 10:54:50 GMT
- Former Rolling Stone editor Ben Fong-Torres pays tribute to his friend, The Doors keyboardist, Ray Manzarek, who has died aged 74 after a long battle with cancer.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Tue, 21 May 2013 22:39:04 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Burmese President visits White House Tue, 21 May 2013 05:32:36 GMT
- President Obama has welcomed Burma's president, Thein Sein, to the White House.
- VIDEO: All mod cons in Ghana's building boom Tue, 21 May 2013 10:06:08 GMT
- Ghana's fast growing economy is experiencing a building boom - the BBC's George Alagiah takes a tour of a new luxury apartment in Accra.
- VIDEO: Afghans discouraged from inter-marrying Tue, 21 May 2013 19:41:41 GMT
- Afghan authorities want to discourage the practice of inter-family marriages as the children of such couplings can sometimes have serious health issues.
- VIDEO: Will Israel bomb Iran? Mon, 20 May 2013 23:28:31 GMT
- Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen explores what might happen if Iran continues with its nuclear programme.
- Former Saab cars chiefs arrested Tue, 21 May 2013 10:31:56 GMT
- Three former top executives from car maker Saab Automobile have been arrested in Sweden on suspicion of accounting fraud charges.
- VIDEO: BBC World News business headlines Tue, 21 May 2013 17:00:21 GMT
- The latest international business headlines from BBC World News.
- Flickr revamp revealed by Yahoo Tue, 21 May 2013 12:31:30 GMT
- Yahoo revamps its Flickr photo-sharing service, offering users up to 1TB of storage if they accept adverts.
- VIDEO: Apple chief hits back in tax row Tue, 21 May 2013 16:31:10 GMT
- CEO Tim Cook has spoken out in defence of Apple, after a Senate committee accused the company of using "a complex web of offshore entities" to avoid paying billions of dollars in US income taxes.
- Eric and Ernie's writer Braben dies Tue, 21 May 2013 11:01:22 GMT
- Eddie Braben, the writer credited with contributing to the huge success of comedy duo Morecambe and Wise, dies aged 82.
- Doors co-founder Ray Manzarek dies Tue, 21 May 2013 09:28:37 GMT
- Ray Manzarek, keyboard player and founder member of the 1960s rock band The Doors, dies aged 74 in Germany after a long battle with cancer.
- 2013 cold start may mean fruit boom Tue, 21 May 2013 23:07:52 GMT
- UK fruit growers could enjoy a much improved harvest of apples and pears this season, after last year's growing season was a washout, data suggests.
- Ant abilities could aid robot design Tue, 21 May 2013 06:49:23 GMT
- A study showing how ants tunnel their way through confined spaces could aid the design of search and rescue robots, say scientists.