"There are too many books I haven't read, too many places I haven't seen, too many memories I haven't kept long enough."
- Hezbollah promises Syria 'victory' Sat, 25 May 2013 21:08:53 GMT
- The leader of Lebanon's Hezbollah group promises victory in Syria where his supporters are backing President al-Assad, amid an upsurge in fighting there.
- 'Maoist rebels' kill 17 in India Sat, 25 May 2013 20:32:30 GMT
- At least 17 people, including a senior leader of India's governing Congress party, are killed after their convoy was attacked by Maoist rebels, officials say.
- Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Bayern Munich Sat, 25 May 2013 21:43:13 GMT
- Arjen Robben scores a dramatic late winner as Bayern Munich beat Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League final.
- French soldier stabbed near Paris Sat, 25 May 2013 21:44:50 GMT
- French authorities are investigating whether the stabbing of a soldier in a Paris suburb was a copycat attack in the wake of the murder of Dummer Lee Rigby, killed in London this week.
- Pakistan bus fire kills 16 children Sat, 25 May 2013 11:07:22 GMT
- At least 16 children and a teacher are killed in a fire on their school bus in the eastern Pakistan city of Gujrat, police say.
- Brazil 'cancels' most African debt Sat, 25 May 2013 21:30:13 GMT
- Brazil says it will cancel or restructure almost $900m (£600m) worth of debt owed by African countries, to boost economic ties with the continent.
- 'Black widow' bombing in Russia Sat, 25 May 2013 15:16:48 GMT
- A suicide bomber has blown herself up close to an interior ministry building in the southern Russian republic of Dagestan, officials say.
- 'Mafia martyr' Puglisi beatified Sat, 25 May 2013 10:04:22 GMT
- More than 50,000 people attend the beatification in Sicily of Don Giuseppe Puglisi, a Roman Catholic priest murdered by the mafia in 1993.
- French army in major Mali pullout Sat, 25 May 2013 11:33:03 GMT
- France begins a key stage of its military withdrawal from Mali, four months after sending troops to push Islamist rebels out of the north.
- Mayor 'sorry' for US brothel remarks Sat, 25 May 2013 13:25:47 GMT
- Osaka's outspoken mayor apologises for saying US troops in Okinawa should visit legal brothels as a way of curbing sexual crimes there.
- Deaths in Philippines militant clash Sat, 25 May 2013 15:13:26 GMT
- At least seven marines and five militants are killed as troops tackle Abu Sayyaf militants in the southern Philippines, the military says.
- Apple 1 from 1976 sells for $650,000 Sat, 25 May 2013 16:41:39 GMT
- An original Apple 1 computer from 1976 - one of the first built in Steve Jobs' garage - sells at auction for more than 500,000 euros ($650,000).
- VIDEO: Cheese-maker warned over hill roll Sat, 25 May 2013 07:36:30 GMT
- The woman who has supplied the wheel of cheese for Gloucester's famous annual cheese-rolling event has been told by police she may be liable for legal action.
- VIDEO: Police probe fatal tiger attack Sat, 25 May 2013 20:05:01 GMT
- The death of a zoo worker attacked by a tiger could have been due to "human or technical factors", police said.
- VIDEO: Will Smith surprise at City Hall Fri, 24 May 2013 23:50:09 GMT
- Hollywood star Will Smith and son Jaden surprised schoolchildren gathered for an event at London's City Hall.