"Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered."
—Wystan Hugh Auden (1907-73) British-born American writer, critic
- Canada 'not intimidated' by attacks Thu, 23 Oct 2014 07:24:17 GMT
- Canada "will never be intimidated", PM Stephen Harper says after two deadly attacks on soldiers - including one that ends in a shootout inside parliament.
- Military heads admit Afghan mistakes Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:40:51 GMT
- Military leaders failed to calculate the magnitude of the conflict in Afghanistan, the former head of the British army, Gen Sir Peter Wall, tells the BBC.
- Mystery of giant arm dinosaur solved Thu, 23 Oct 2014 00:31:16 GMT
- Two dinosaur skeletons have been unearthed in Mongolia, solving a mystery that has baffled palaeontologists for 50 years.
- Nato jets 'intercept Russian plane' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:08:21 GMT
- Nato warplanes have intercepted a Russian spy plane over the Baltic Sea, the alliance says, amid heightened tensions between the West and Russia.
- Jerusalem car 'attack' kills baby Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:42:36 GMT
- A baby girl is killed and eight others injured after a car hits pedestrians in Jerusalem, in what Israeli police describe as a "terrorist attack".
- Mexico orders Iguala mayor's arrest Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:58:58 GMT
- Mexico orders the arrest of the mayor of the southern town of Iguala, where 43 students disappeared after clashing with police last month.
- Obama 'optimistic' over Ebola in US Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:59:41 GMT
- President Barack Obama expresses cautious optimism about the Ebola situation in the US, as new screening rules are introduced in the country.
- India's Modi visits Siachen glacier Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:04:04 GMT
- Indian PM Narendra Modi makes a brief visit to the Siachen glacier on his way to Indian-administered Kashmir to spend the Diwali festival looking at the damage caused by last month's floods.
- DNA yields secrets of human pioneer Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:06:04 GMT
- DNA analysis of a 45,000-year-old human has helped scientists pinpoint when our ancestors interbred with Neanderthals.
- VIDEO: 'Britain will support IS strategy' Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:04:46 GMT
- The US envoy tasked by President Obama with leading the fight against the terrorist group Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria tells BBC Newsnight says Britain will "support us".
- VIDEO: Louisiana's vanishing voodoo culture Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:55:59 GMT
- The BBC Pop Up bureau explores the rich heritage of voodoo culture among the Cajun and Creole communities of Louisiana.
- VIDEO: Ukraine elections: 'We've had enough of looking east' Wed, 22 Oct 2014 23:43:28 GMT
- Ukrainians go to the polls this weekend in a key parliamentary election. The BBC's Steve Rosenberg is reporting from across the country.
- VIDEO: One-minute World News Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:51:07 GMT
- Watch the latest news summary from BBC World News. International news updated 24 hours a day.
- VIDEO: Military reburials for WW1 soldiers Wed, 22 Oct 2014 10:33:08 GMT
- A reburial service has been taking place in northern France for 15 British World War One soldiers, exactly one hundred years after they were killed in battle.
- VIDEO: Can King Khan top Diwali box office? Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:16:31 GMT
- Farah Khan's much-anticipated new film, Happy New Year, is released for Diwali.
Red Sandstone Student
October 24, 2014
Ski and Snowboard Club Vail
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
October 25, 2014
Build a Scarecrow
October 26, 2014
October 27, 2014
Baby Story time
Vail Public Library,
October 28, 2014