"A book is a friend; a good book is a good friend. It will talk to you when you want it to talk, and it will keep still when you want it to keep still; and there are not many friends who know enough to do that."
—B. A. Billingsly
- Apology over level crossing deaths Fri, 07 Mar 2014 07:38:28 GMT
- Network Rail offers a "full and unreserved apology" to families bereaved by level crossing accidents, as MPs criticise its handling of deaths in the past.
- Lawyers staging second cuts walk-out Fri, 07 Mar 2014 07:51:06 GMT
- Thousands of lawyers opposed to legal aid cuts in England and Wales are to walk out for a second time this year.
- Worker dies in Crossrail tunnel Fri, 07 Mar 2014 08:57:38 GMT
- A construction worker is killed at one of the Crossrail construction sites in central London.
- Day in pictures: 6 March 2014 Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:18:57 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 6 March
- In pictures: Venezuela remembers Chavez Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:24:55 GMT
- First anniversary of President Chavez's death
- Your pictures: Nature Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:52:21 GMT
- Readers' photos on the theme of nature
- Day in pictures: 5 March 2014 Wed, 05 Mar 2014 12:50:46 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 5 March
- Your Pictures: Photos from Wales Wed, 05 Mar 2014 08:00:05 GMT
- A selection of photos from around Wales
- In pictures: Escalating Ukraine tensions Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:35:51 GMT
- Russia tightens military grip on the Crimea
- In pictures: Oscars ceremony 2014 Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:59:21 GMT
- The winners and on-stage antics
- Day in pictures: 4 March 2014 Tue, 04 Mar 2014 12:03:19 GMT
- 24 hours of news photos: 4 March
- The restaurants that thrive on insulting their diners Fri, 07 Mar 2014 00:32:44 GMT
- The restaurants that thrive on insulting their diners
- The Somali love of 'rude' nicknames Fri, 07 Mar 2014 00:38:49 GMT
- The country where you'll find No Fingers, Stutterer and White Hair
- VIDEO: Ukraine crisis: How does Obama handle uprisings? Fri, 07 Mar 2014 00:05:25 GMT
- How the US president has handled world uprisings
- How Chinese petitioners keep hope for justice alive Thu, 06 Mar 2014 23:50:59 GMT
- Petitioners keep hopes for justice alive in China