"The biggest critics of my books are people who never read them."
—Jackie Collins best selling author
- Deadly virus kills Tunisian man Tue, 21 May 2013 14:43:16 GMT
- A man has died of the novel coronavirus (NCoV) in Tunisia, in what is believed to be the first such case in Africa.
- Vitamin C can kill drug-resistant TB Wed, 22 May 2013 09:58:41 GMT
- Vitamin C can kill multidrug-resistant TB in the lab, scientists reveal.
- Woods hurt by 'fried chicken' remark Wed, 22 May 2013 14:09:57 GMT
- Tiger Woods condemns "hurtful" jibe as Sergio Garcia apologises for what could be interpreted as a racist remark.
- Pellegrini to leave Malaga Wed, 22 May 2013 13:21:08 GMT
- Manuel Pellegrini paves the way for a move to manage Manchester City after confirming he will leave Spanish club Malaga.
- How religions change their mind Tue, 21 May 2013 02:22:29 GMT
- History suggests that religions that don't change die out - but how do they manage it without undermining themselves?
- Readers' music to banish the blues Tue, 21 May 2013 16:07:58 GMT
- After separate studies pointed to the power of music to lighten the mood, we asked readers what they listened to when needing to cure unhappiness.
- $1bn aid for DR Congo and neighbours Wed, 22 May 2013 14:49:15 GMT
- The World Bank unveils a $1bn (£660m) aid package to help DR Congo and its neighbours, as fighting continues near the eastern city of Goma.
- N Korea leader sends envoy to China Wed, 22 May 2013 08:10:36 GMT
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has sent a special envoy to Beijing, state media announces, amid cooling relations after weeks of tension.
- Stockholm suburbs gripped by riots Wed, 22 May 2013 09:18:09 GMT
- Rioters light fires and stone emergency services in the suburbs of the Swedish capital Stockholm for the third night running after a police shooting death.
- Rios Montt's conviction annulled Tue, 21 May 2013 10:19:50 GMT
- Guatemala's top court throws out the genocide conviction of ex-leader Efrain Rios, whose trial will now be restarted from the middle of proceedings.
- Ahmadinejad to contest bar on ally Wed, 22 May 2013 11:38:32 GMT
- Iran's President Ahmadinejad says he will contest the disqualification of his ally Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei from next month's presidential poll.
- Hewlett-Packard shares jump 12% Wed, 22 May 2013 21:10:02 GMT
- Hewlett-Packard shares leap in after-hours trading, despite quarterly results showing a seventh consecutive fall in sales.
- April accused told 'web of lies' Wed, 22 May 2013 18:23:41 GMT
- A man accused of murdering five-year-old April Jones told a "complex web of lies" about her death, the prosecution says.
- Tandem deaths driver is jailed Wed, 22 May 2013 18:06:36 GMT
- A man who killed a couple when he knocked them off their tandem bike in Bristol is jailed for 10 years.
- PM hails tax deal amid Google row Wed, 22 May 2013 19:41:20 GMT
- David Cameron hails an EU agreement to close tax loopholes as a "turning point", as Google's boss urges politicians to "sort" the system.