"The experience to be gathered from books, Though often valuable, is but of the nature of learning; Whereas the experience gained from actual life, Is of the nature of wisdom; And a small store of the latter Is worth vastly more than a stock of the former."
—Samuel Smiles (1812-1904) Self Help -1859
- Million Ebola vaccine doses for 2015 Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:07:16 GMT
- One million doses of an Ebola vaccine will be produced by the end of 2015, the World Health Organization has announced.
- PM: I won't meet £1.7bn EU demand Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:24:45 GMT
- David Cameron insists the UK will not pay £1.7bn demanded by the European Union by 1 December, condemning it as "appalling".
- Tunis 'militant hideout' stormed Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:27:04 GMT
- Tunisian security forces storm a house in a Tunis suburb to end a stand-off with armed militants, killing six people, officials say.
- Sweden calls off search for sub Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:28:59 GMT
- Sweden calls off its massive week-long search for a suspected Russian submarine, saying the vessel has probably left its territorial waters.
- Canada attack 'not linked to IS' Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:27:37 GMT
- Canada's foreign minister tells the BBC there is no evidence so far that the man behind gun attacks in Ottawa was linked to Middle Eastern jihadists.
- NY axe attack: Islamist link probed Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:09:33 GMT
- Police in New York investigate whether a man who attacked two officers with an axe before being shot dead was linked to Islamist extremism.
- Governor quits over Mexico missing Fri, 24 Oct 2014 04:49:56 GMT
- The governor of Mexico's Guerrero state, where 43 students went missing last month, stands down.
- Mortar fire on Pakistan-Iran border Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:58:49 GMT
- Pakistani and Iranian forces have exchanged mortar fire, in the latest incident between the two countries along their porous border.
- China 'punishes 17' for deadly clash Fri, 24 Oct 2014 03:44:43 GMT
- Chinese authorities arrest an official and punish 16 others following a deadly clash in a Yunnan village.
- Malaysia envoy sent to NZ over rape Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:26:49 GMT
- A Malaysian diplomat, wanted by New Zealand authorities on allegations of attempted rape in the city of Wellington in May, is finally extradited.
- Monster shark 'kept whales in check' Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:23:19 GMT
- The extinction of the biggest shark known to science may have triggered whales to grow to their current hefty sizes, a study suggests.
- Serbia awarded 3-0 Albania walkover Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:02:26 GMT
- Serbia are awarded a 3-0 walkover against Albania after their Euro 2016 qualifier was abandoned but lose three points.
- VIDEO: Exhibition on a changing Afghanistan Thu, 23 Oct 2014 23:45:29 GMT
- The Imperial War Museum's latest exhibition focuses on Afghanistan as British troops prepare to leave.
- VIDEO: The Queen sends her first tweet Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:05:08 GMT
- The Queen's has sent her first tweet - sent through the @BritishMonarchy account - heralding the launch of a major new exhibition at London's Science Museum.
- VIDEO: Art on motorbikes in Kampala Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:19:26 GMT
- Artists in Uganda are using motorbikes to carry and display street art installations as part of the Kampala Contemporary Art Festival.
Red Sandstone Student
October 24, 2014
Ski and Snowboard Club Vail
Vail Public Library's Community Room ,
October 25, 2014
Build a Scarecrow
October 26, 2014
October 27, 2014
Baby Story time
Vail Public Library,
October 28, 2014