"Don't join the book burners. Do not think you are going to conceal thoughts by concealing evidence that they ever existed."
—Dwight David Eisenhower (1890-1969) 34th US President, Republican
- 'Battle rages' near Ukraine airport Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:26:08 GMT
- Ukrainian forces are reportedly battling pro-Russian rebels at the airport of Luhansk, ahead of key negotiations on the crisis in eastern Ukraine.
- Troops return Pakistan TV to air Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:27:46 GMT
- Pakistan's national television channel is back on air after security forces remove anti-government protesters from its headquarters in Islamabad.
- Man held over New Zealand killings Mon, 01 Sep 2014 06:29:56 GMT
- Police in New Zealand detain a man suspected of shooting two people dead and injuring a third at an unemployment office.
- Official heckled amid HK poll anger Mon, 01 Sep 2014 07:24:23 GMT
- Hong Kong pro-democracy activists disrupt a speech by a Beijing official, a day after China ruled out a direct leadership election in 2017.
- Poland commemorates WW2 invasion Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:35:44 GMT
- Poland marks the 75th anniversary of the Nazi invasion that sparked World War Two, with a wreath-laying ceremony.
- India unveils new village toilets Mon, 01 Sep 2014 04:07:30 GMT
- An Indian charity unveils 108 new lavatories in a village which gained notoriety when two young girls were found hanged from a tree there in May.
- Coalition locked in terror aim talks Mon, 01 Sep 2014 08:06:59 GMT
- Negotiations between Conservatives and Lib Dems are to continue ahead of the unveiling of a new plan to tackle the threat of Islamist extremists.
- Cuba introduces new customs limits Mon, 01 Sep 2014 01:37:06 GMT
- Cuba restricts the amount of foreign goods that travellers can bring into the country, where locally-made items are scarce and expensive.
- Japan and India hold security talks Mon, 01 Sep 2014 05:00:50 GMT
- Rare earths and a nuclear pact on the agenda as Indian PM Narendra Modi meets Japan's leader, on his first major foreign visit since taking office.
- China factory growth misses forecast Mon, 01 Sep 2014 02:13:05 GMT
- China's manufacturing activity misses expectations in August, indicating that the country's economy may be losing momentum.
- Xenon and argon banned for athletes Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:53:44 GMT
- Doping experts have yet to find an effective test to uncover athletes using the gases xenon and argon to boost performance, as a ban is introduced.
- Naked photos of celebrities leaked Mon, 01 Sep 2014 06:33:52 GMT
- Naked pictures of celebrities including Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice are posted online, but some stars claim the photos are fake.
- VIDEO: Are e-cigarettes safe? Sun, 31 Aug 2014 10:31:20 GMT
- Inside Out goes to the lab to investigate what is in e-cigarettes while we unwrap the arguments surrounding them.
- VIDEO: China rules out open Hong Kong poll Sun, 31 Aug 2014 15:04:13 GMT
- China rules out open nominations for the next Hong Kong leadership election, in a move that has dismayed pro-democracy activists.
- VIDEO: Libya militia take US embassy pool Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:03:44 GMT
- Armed militia have taken over the US compound in Tripoli and discovered the embassy pool, a month after American staff left for security reasons.